E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #21
jetskier88

My Ride: 330i ZHP S/C TS2+
Send a message via AIM to jetskier88
i did this awhile ago. heres the link if u care to look
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...130&highlight=
ESS TS2+ - OEM M3 LSD rear end swap - Meth Injection - Recaros PP - Defi Guages - Dinan TB - Headers&M3 Custom Quad Exhaust - UUC LTW Flywhl - UUC SegKev Clutch - Rogue SSK - KW V2 Coils - H&R Sways - TMS Subfrme&Sway Reinfrcmnt - VMR V710 & M PS2's - Brembo X Rotors - USC plate ;-) - and more....

BMW Modding DONE
jetskier88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #22
Dirtboy
Grüne Hölle Junkie

My Ride: ESS TS2+ 330Ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Dirtboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Au2bahn View Post
Porting after the twinscrew on each runner to ensure even volume for each cylinder is what Hans recommend when I inquired last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxZHP04 View Post
The most work but definitely the best approach.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #23
Au2bahn

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP,09 HCHII
Did you notice a difference spraying from this part. Just curious. Seems odd spraying before the TS since air hasn't been compressed yet. In a turbo or a vortech, it makes sense spraying after the TB, not so much on a TS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier88 View Post

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer

ESS TS2 - VMR V710 19" wheels - KW Coilovers - 3.46 Diff - Macht Schnell 5mm Rear Spacers - BMW Performance BBK w/ floating rotors -
BMW Performance Strut Brace - BMW Performance Air Intake - BMW Performance SSK/DSSR - Hawk HPS Brake Pads - SS Brake Lines -
OEM M3 RTAB w/ Vorshlag Limiters - Meyle HD FCAB - TMS Sway Bars w/ adjustable links - AEM Digital Boost Gauge -
Stewart w/p - 6K HID Fogs - Swain Coated Magnaflow headers
Au2bahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #24
signalwest

My Ride: 2001 330i Sedan TS2
Quote:
So are you still spraying? Have you seen any issues? Negative or positive comments please. Looks like I will be making an aluminium cylinder 3.5 to 3.0 inch reducer to replace the silicone boot between MAF and throttle body. I will be spraying a little further back from the throttle body than what you have...but nice setup! My hope is to be able to put in the 81mm pulley with the TS2+ tune without cams to start with...once I see the results of the setup on the TS2. I will not be tuning for the meth......at this time.

Also if still spraying what nozzle are you using out of the AEM kit...small, medium or large? Thanks!

Last edited by signalwest; 02-05-2012 at 04:51 PM.
signalwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #25
signalwest

I'm getting a little homesick being in Germany.....but then there's always the Autobahn..... a little teaser in the car:

I wish the Torque app could read more diagnostics like AFR from our car ECU.....time for some more gauges. Not much to read here once I add meth to the mix.

Last edited by signalwest; 02-13-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #26
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
I have the AA TS kit and I do have w/a injection (not meth). It is NOT a power adder. Its injected after the MAF and before the throttle body.
bigjae1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #27
signalwest

Bigjae, hope the "Blue Screamer" is doing well Mine is still screaming away with that Magnaflow. Nice e90 addition (I can see you boosting that down the road after warranty)! My hope with the meth is to run a smaller pulley. I'll see how it does with what I have now. I'll be putting it right where you suggested.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #28
bigjae1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalwest View Post
Bigjae, hope the "Blue Screamer" is doing well Mine is still screaming away with that Magnaflow. Nice e90 addition (I can see you boosting that down the road after warranty)! My hope with the meth is to run a smaller pulley. I'll see how it does with what I have now. I'll be putting it right where you suggested.
Haha...yeah, its still screaming. People love it but its kind of getting annoying at this point. I might put some effort into fixing it...its something with the x-pipe since I've replaced the front and rear section under warranty.

If you want to add power with meth, I think you need to install the nozzle closer to the compressor. The standard AA kit is just an intake charge cooler from what I've seen.

I could upgrade to the meth but alcohol is MUCH easier. Easier to find, cheap, and no worries if you spill it in your trunk (which I have done).
Old 02-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #29
B33MER

My Ride: 330i SMG M-Sport
Quote:
I'm getting a little homesick being in Germany.....but then there's always the Autobahn..... a little teaser in the car:

I wish the Torque app could read more diagnostics like AFR from our car ECU.....time for some more gauges. Not much to read here once I add meth to the mix. Anyone suggest which gauges to get besides boost (the only one I have now)?
I just came ...

One question though ... Is your limiter still remains at 6500rpm ?

Thanks for sharing
CF Roundels all around, Black grillz, 7000k Angel eyes,6300k HID fog lights, Hamman Lip reps, ACS roof spoiler reps, Alutech front and rear struts, BMC CDA with DIY heatshield, Pro RS braided brake line, ///M Billet Oil Cap, OEM ///M mats, ///M aluminium pedals,

B33MER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #30
signalwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33MER View Post
I just came ...

One question though ... Is your limiter still remains at 6500rpm ?

Thanks for sharing
I haven't seen it go over 6600 yet in 5th gear(ESS limiter kicks in?). The ESS software looks like it is choking it under 6700 and won't let me do over 165mph. I think the fastest I have recorded via GPS is 164.6 mph. And of course I don't have that 6th gear.

Last edited by signalwest; 02-13-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #31
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
Awesome video. I can't believe how fast the car is.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #32
signalwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
Awesome video. I can't believe how fast the car is.
Just wait! Get the wagon running and find out
Old 02-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #33
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
I'll be taking bets on how long it will take to get the first speeding ticket (took 5 months for the stage1 325ci).
Old 02-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #34
signalwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
I'll be taking bets on how long it will take to get the first speeding ticket (took 5 months for the stage1 325ci).
I've gotten less speeding tickets with the SC (zero to date after almost 2 years). Knock on wood.... Germany loves their speeding cameras.... ask Dirtboy
Old 02-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #35
jetskier88

My Ride: 330i ZHP S/C TS2+
Send a message via AIM to jetskier88
Quote:
So are you still spraying? Have you seen any issues? Negative or positive comments please. Looks like I will be making an aluminium cylinder 3.5 to 3.0 inch reducer to replace the silicone boot between MAF and throttle body. I will be spraying a little further back from the throttle body than what you have...but nice setup! My hope is to be able to put in the 81mm pulley with the TS2+ tune without cams to start with...once I see the results of the setup on the TS2. I will not be tuning for the meth......at this time.

Also if still spraying what nozzle are you using out of the AEM kit...small, medium or large? Thanks!
still spraying. im using the small nozzle. the medium was too much, i felt it was bogging it down. im still on stock ts2+ tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I have the AA TS kit and I do have w/a injection (not meth). It is NOT a power adder. Its injected after the MAF and before the throttle body.
im not sure if thats entirely true. i should really dyno it but i've lost interest over 8 years lol.
ESS TS2+ - OEM M3 LSD rear end swap - Meth Injection - Recaros PP - Defi Guages - Dinan TB - Headers&M3 Custom Quad Exhaust - UUC LTW Flywhl - UUC SegKev Clutch - Rogue SSK - KW V2 Coils - H&R Sways - TMS Subfrme&Sway Reinfrcmnt - VMR V710 & M PS2's - Brembo X Rotors - USC plate ;-) - and more....

BMW Modding DONE
jetskier88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #36
bigjae1976

Quote:
im not sure if thats entirely true. i should really dyno it but i've lost interest over 8 years lol.
AA doesn't tune any different for it. But AA did advertise the water/alcohol as a safety net.

I think their standard meth kit is the same...a safety net.

Quote:
Superchargers and turbochargers generate more than just boost. They generate a ton of incremental heat during operation, resulting in a ‘heat-soaked’ engine and eroded performance. So their power increase creates its own power decrease problem. Oops.

But an Active Autowerke methanol-water injection system will help chill the intake charge to a cooler temperature – effectively combating the heat soak effect. Additionally, the methanol-water mix increases your engine’s knock limit – thus serving as insurance against unwanted high boost detonation.

The Metahnol-water is precisely delivered and metered by its own electronic module. This module not only monitors the boost pressure within the engine but also controls the delivery flow to match both the engine load and demand as needed.

The large 2 gallon resevoir is well suited for this task. The capacity is there to meet most demands; the trunk mounted location is ideal by being the furthest positin away from both engine and exhaust heat; and its trunk position maximizes the trunk space. It has a rigid mount that's very secure, yet it can be easily detached if needed by its spring loaded quick releases.

If there’s one mod you should be considering for better forced induction performance, this is it.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #37
signalwest

Jetskier and Bigjae, what are you both currently using for the mix. Do you buy it premixed or make your own....and if you make your own how much of what are you using? I have heard that -20 Windshield wiper fluid is about 30% meth and by adding 3 to 4 12oz bottles of HEET that you would be about 50/50. What is both of your takes on this?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #38
bigjae1976

I use distilled water and isopropyl alcohol.

1 qt 70% isopropyl alcohol + 1 gal distilled water. Buy it at Walgreens. It lasts for a couple of months on the street. I go through about 2 gal at a weekend HPDE.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #39
signalwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I use distilled water and isopropyl alcohol.

1 qt 70% isopropyl alcohol + 1 gal distilled water. Buy it at Walgreens. It lasts for a couple of months on the street. I go through about 2 gal at a weekend HPDE.
Thanks Bigjae! Jetskier88 what is your mix?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #40
Dirtboy
Grüne Hölle Junkie

My Ride: ESS TS2+ 330Ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Dirtboy
Interesting.... May have to bite the bullet and get one of these setups soon...