E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
mo5

My Ride: 99' 323i
Question Issue after NCS expert recodeing

car 323i 99 AT 253K+ miles.

So, after coming home form work yesterday I deiced to tackle low+high+fog lights coding with ncs expert

changed in GM
Code:
FH_ABSCHALTKRITERIUM
	ece
FH_ABSCHALTKRITERIUM worked, moved on to the LSZ
Code:
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_1
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_2
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_3
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_4
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_5
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_6
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_7
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_8
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_9
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_10
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_11
	ece
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_12
	ece
	us
PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_13
	ece
	us
FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ had no effect, and after coding also got corner delete from the above changes tried many combination of us or ece PROGRAMMPARAMETER_LSZ_6 plus had no noticeable effect on the lights but if 1-5 are not the same lights would always be on low+high functioned, dial switch or fog button has no effect . only in ignition position , lights off in ACC. so i may have to do something els if I still want SIDEMARKER_US to work but that is not the intent of this post.

So today i move the car to start work on fixing the sunroof (shade clips ordered) moved car to better location and notice transmission error and CEL get code with inpa and 146 CAN Moment interface and 8 Signal air flow meter, DIS only showing .3v from MAF put 1v on the MAF harness and inpa responded as did the car (near stall) at this point looks like the MAF is dead.

So has anybody ever run into and issue like this after coding I doubt it's related but the timing seems suspicious, I did recode car to a old config had no effect and info from navcoder shows
Code:
2/3/2012 12:04:24 PM.078:   80 09 BF 13 10 01 00 00 00 00 34
2/3/2012 12:04:24 PM.078:   IKE  --> GLO : IKE sensor status: Trans_Emergency_Program  Motor_Running
Any further insight is appreciated

Last edited by mo5; 02-03-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: typo
mo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
I once was messing with INPA on my parents 330i and after i closed the program, it came out with a random check light as well. I just cleared it and it never came back. Maybe that is the issue? Other than that i've messed with NCS expert on my car many times and i've never had an issue like that.

However as far as the coding goes, your lcm is too old to code teh highs + lows + fogs. I had the same issue on my 01 until i upgraded the LCM to a newer one.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
mo5

The above LCM setting worked I have working high+low+fog, it just disabled the running/ID lights to only function as directional (euro) and for SIDEMARKER_US to work I would need a 02+ LCM; the MAF is on the way, I assume everything will be fix once replaced, I was just curious about the coincidence.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
mo5

Replaced MAF, car is running fine.

Tags
cel, errors, lsz, ncs expert, transmission indicator