E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Getting demotivated

Had a break-up with my ex 2 months ago, stress from my start-up company, and low blood pressure issue that happens mostly when I'm working out.

This past week, the following happened twice: I got to the gym, I did one set, and left. Mostly because I just feel stressed out and demotivated. Not sleeping and eating well obviously are not the reason, or at least I think I sleep and eat enough.

Does this happen to anyone? How to overcome it?
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
kushy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kids these days are pu55ies
Posts: 238
My Ride: automatic m3
man up

mind
matter
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
Sensi09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: So Cal
Posts: 77
My Ride: __
Lots of times I don't feel like working out, but once I get to the gym I'm good. I could never work out at home...at least not consistently
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
DILLA
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 1,398
My Ride: 330i ZHP
There are many times I'm way too stressed out, tired, or dealing with a load of sh1t, and I have no desire to go work out. You have to mentally force yourself to channel your emotions into mental energy to work out. Get angry, get focused, get in the zone, whatever it may be, tap into that sh1t and do it. You will feel much better at the end if your workout.
__________________
LRx
DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
zikhkd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,373
My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
It really sounds like you need a weekend off and escape somewhere. Start fresh when you come back, there is always another women out there, work will always be stressful and working out at the gym won't always be fun. It's all in your head man, try not to think too hard and stay positive!

__________________

Last edited by zikhkd; 10-13-2013 at 11:45 PM.
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
wasp9166
ima touching member
 
wasp9166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: straight out da bronx
Posts: 5,232
My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
3g beta alanine,3g citrulline malate morning shake ed


3g cm pre wo with a 200mg caffeine pill, i mix pre wo with 2 scoops of blue rasp intrabolic from aen for the added bcaa and omit the ba as it allready has 3.2 g in it , slam this all down 45 min prior

i'm 47 and use this to get to martial arts 4 nights a week after a day of construction

no way i could do it otherwise, and by friday i'm spent


fack women bro, live your life, let it happen, don't even look, just keep eyes open
__________________

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 10-14-2013 at 07:40 AM.
wasp9166 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Leezy321
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 270
My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Getting demotivated

Never can't workout bcuz of stress... It's my stress relief. If I'm tired i use caffeine to my advantage. I do have days when I'm unmotivated, but it's easily overcome with some loud music and a fresh workout.

Honestly, and without sounding like a dick. If I saw a guy come in the gym do one set and leave, that in itself would motivate me... Lol...


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
It really sounds like you need a weekend off and escape somewhere. Start fresh when you come back, there is always another women out there, work will always be stressful and working out at the gym won't always be fun. It's all in your head man, try not to think too hard and stay positive!

agree. take a week off; it won't kill you
__________________
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
I am doing better than you are. I am the heaviest and strongest I've ever been. 3 people on Saturday told me I looked bigger and all I could think about was 161lb Z00 sitting home eating some low calorie food.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
330ism
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kissimmee, Fl
Posts: 328
My Ride: 2004 330I ZHP
Getting demotivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
agree. take a week off; it won't kill you
+1000.. This!!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
330ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
wasp9166
ima touching member
 
wasp9166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: straight out da bronx
Posts: 5,232
My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
Never can't workout bcuz of stress... It's my stress relief. If I'm tired i use caffeine to my advantage. I do have days when I'm unmotivated, but it's easily overcome with some loud music and a fresh workout.

Honestly, and without sounding like a dick. If I saw a guy come in the gym do one set and leave, that in itself would motivate me... Lol...


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
don't know about that, some days you just don't have it

you realize after one set it's time to leave, not today
__________________

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 10-14-2013 at 10:46 AM.
wasp9166 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I am doing better than you are. I am the heaviest and strongest I've ever been. 3 people on Saturday told me I looked bigger and all I could think about was 161lb Z00 sitting home eating some low calorie food.
ouch_lol
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
ouch_lol
Opps made a mistake. 4 people. My friends gf also complimented my pecs. I haven't benched in weeks lol. I do a ton of ring push ups though lol.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Thanks guys, some good suggestions. I'll have to figure out where the hell I'm gonna go for a small vacation.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Glad you're making progress bro!

You cannot compare your breakup to mine. My ex is a dental-surgeon-to-be at Harvard, we were together for 2 years, she is the most compatible woman I have been with and I broke up with her because I'm stupid. Cannot compare that with a hair dresser in a relationship that lasted less than a year. My ex proposed to me and I thought I was gonna marry her but it did not happen.

I'm 158lbs now BTW. I don't eat low calorie foods, I eat healthy whole foods. No worries, I still do more pullups than you, in few months I'll be back where I was. Get your gym set up already so I can pay you a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I am doing better than you are. I am the heaviest and strongest I've ever been. 3 people on Saturday told me I looked bigger and all I could think about was 161lb Z00 sitting home eating some low calorie food.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #16
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,775
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
3g beta alanine,3g citrulline malate morning shake ed


3g cm pre wo with a 200mg caffeine pill, i mix pre wo with 2 scoops of blue rasp intrabolic from aen for the added bcaa and omit the ba as it allready has 3.2 g in it , slam this all down 45 min prior

i'm 47 and use this to get to martial arts 4 nights a week after a day of construction

no way i could do it otherwise, and by friday i'm spent


fack women bro, live your life, let it happen, don't even look, just keep eyes open
I think they call that "dead eyes"

all hope is lost at this point.
__________________

Last edited by VALMONT; 10-14-2013 at 12:08 PM.
VALMONT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Glad you're making progress bro!

You cannot compare your breakup to mine. My ex is a dental-surgeon-to-be at Harvard, we were together for 2 years, she is the most compatible woman I have been with and I broke up with her because I'm stupid. Cannot compare that with a hair dresser in a relationship that lasted less than a year. My ex proposed to me and I thought I was gonna marry her but it did not happen.

I'm 158lbs now BTW. I don't eat low calorie foods, I eat healthy whole foods. No worries, I still do more pullups than you, in few months I'll be back where I was. Get your gym set up already so I can pay you a visit.
z00, the more you post the more crazy I think you are. Where did I compare my break up to yours? Right, no where.

158? That's cute.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #18
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Normal is boring man, crazy is the way to go

You said you were doing better and making progress, we had our break-ups with exs around the same time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
z00, the more you post the more crazy I think you are. Where did I compare my break up to yours? Right, no where.

158? That's cute.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #19
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Normal is boring man, crazy is the way to go

You said you were doing better and making progress, we had our break-ups with exs around the same time.
Doing better with training lol. The thought of girls didn't even enter my mind.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Doing better with training lol. The thought of girls didn't even enter my mind.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use