E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #221
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,776
My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Hmm....I've always just used a lil' Kelly Clarkson and Colbie Cailat to get me pumped. You'd be surprised how much you can squat with some Colbie in your ear and a headphone cord in your mouth.



^^^^Not kidding!

Last edited by M3Inline6; 10-17-2012 at 03:32 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #222
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Hmm....I've always just used a lil' Kelly Clarkson and Colbie Cailat to get me pumped. You'd be surprised how much you can squat with some Colbie in your ear and a headphone cord in your mouth.



^^^^Not kidding!
you know what's weird. When I first got serious I would need to have something that hyped me up on. Now I think I do but when I'm doing heavy squats or something I am so focused on what needs to be done that I don't even hear the music.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #223
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,776
My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
you know what's weird. When I first got serious I would need to have something that hyped me up on. Now I think I do but when I'm doing heavy squats or something I am so focused on what needs to be done that I don't even hear the music.

I can relate to that. I hear the music before I begin the rep, but I don't really listen during the rep. It's during the downtime between sets or the low weight isolation movements that I pay attention to what's on my playlist. One thing is certain, the gym music/misc. conversations in the gym f@ck up my focus. My IPOD helps me tune that sh|t out.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 10-17-2012 at 03:54 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #224
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I stopped listening to music at the gym awhile ago, simply because my headphones broke. I find I grunt a lot less when I can hear myself doing it... can't seem to help it, if I'm exerting myself grunts start escaping lol its embarrassing

Regardless I miss listening to mixes, gonna bring a pair of headphones with me today

Plus people seem to leave you the fk alone when you have headphones in.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #225
Sensi09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: So Cal
Posts: 77
My Ride: __
I ditched the ipod too because I was going deaf. People talking use to bother me during a set, but don't even notice things now.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #226
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,073
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I stopped listening to music at the gym awhile ago, simply because my headphones broke. I find I grunt a lot less when I can hear myself doing it... can't seem to help it, if I'm exerting myself grunts start escaping lol its embarrassing

Regardless I miss listening to mixes, gonna bring a pair of headphones with me today

Plus people seem to leave you the fk alone when you have headphones in.
Yea exactly I don't listen to music because I don't want to be grunting hella loud haha
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:32 AM   #227
kushy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kids these days are pu55ies
Posts: 238
My Ride: automatic m3
Bump
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	480320  
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #228
kushy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kids these days are pu55ies
Posts: 238
My Ride: automatic m3
going on a new drug called Remicade for my Crohns. Doctor said expect weight gain
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:26 AM   #229
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,776
My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
going on a new drug called Remicade for my Crohns. Doctor said expect weight gain
Did the Crohns cause weight loss? Forgive my ignorance. I don't know much about it.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #230
kushy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kids these days are pu55ies
Posts: 238
My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Did the Crohns cause weight loss? Forgive my ignorance. I don't know much about it.
Often yes, directly by poor digestion and indirectly by loss of appetite.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #231
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
going on a new drug called Remicade for my Crohns. Doctor said expect weight gain
Good luck. A friend of my gets Remicade treatments and, while they work, they really wipe her out for a day or so.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #232
kushy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kids these days are pu55ies
Posts: 238
My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Good luck. A friend of my gets Remicade treatments and, while they work, they really wipe her out for a day or so.
Do you know if she gets Benadryl with infusion?
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #233
floydlloyd85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Derry, Ireland
Posts: 196
My Ride: 2002 318 Ci coupe
If your iron is low then you are not eating enough meat. Which is a key ingrediant for getting strong
floydlloyd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #234
kushy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kids these days are pu55ies
Posts: 238
My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydlloyd85 View Post
If your iron is low then you are not eating enough meat. Which is a key ingrediant for getting strong
no I have crohns disease which inhibits my iron absorption and increasing loss of blood which means I must take iron supplements to get levels up. I eat plenty of meat; red and other colours.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #235
SteadyMobbin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SePDX
Posts: 142
My Ride: ImolaZHP 6spd M/T
Do you even lift bro?
SteadyMobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #236
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
Do you know if she gets Benadryl with infusion?
Not sure of that. I never really asked for the details, just know the broad story.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #237
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydlloyd85 View Post
If your iron is low then you are not eating enough meat. Which is a key ingrediant for getting strong
Um....
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #238
floydlloyd85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Derry, Ireland
Posts: 196
My Ride: 2002 318 Ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
no I have crohns disease which inhibits my iron absorption and increasing loss of blood which means I must take iron supplements to get levels up. I eat plenty of meat; red and other colours.
Sorry didnt realise. When i posted this i was actually reading a few pages back and replied without thinking.
floydlloyd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #239
bwallace530
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,866
My Ride: 325
Why don't u try a dbol only cycle if your scared of injections if not dbol with test?
bwallace530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #240
kushy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kids these days are pu55ies
Posts: 238
My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwallace530 View Post
Why don't u try a dbol only cycle if your scared of injections if not dbol with test?
I've entertained the thought but I'm too young/ trying to stabilize my health. I feel like it would be counterproductive to introduce any dat der at this point.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use