E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #341
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
Kushy do some shrugs.
I should really step it up with my traps. If they exploded it would definitely add some points to my appearance. I did shrugs in my last routine every monday but they are stubborn. Maybe I will add them on day B's...
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #342
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
I should really step it up with my traps. If they exploded it would definitely add some points to my appearance. I did shrugs in my last routine every monday but they are stubborn. Maybe I will add them on day B's...
I am actually really happy with my traps, as they were a pretty quick muscle to grow. Use a barbell, just keep throwing weight on there and shrug till you can't anymore. I was able to get a set of 10 @ 295lb shrugging before I ruined my shoulder.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #343
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Those 5x5 deadlifts should be killing your traps!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #344
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Those 5x5 deadlifts should be killing your traps!
I wouldn't say that dead lifts kill the traps, but they definitely get worked.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #345
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
cleans, over head press, and america kettle bell swings always hit my traps really hard.

Your workout looks like it should be good though. I think you should add the cleans in somewhere. Even if it's just a bunch of hang cleans one day a week.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #346
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenwoodly View Post
Yes it is possible if you easily lift up everything but beyond this practice makes a man perfect but for this body must be very hard and energetic in all sense therefore diet also is much considerable in this regard.Better diet gives the better results.
how the fuuck does sh1t like this even get posted?
Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #347
kushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenwoodly View Post
Yes it is possible if you easily lift up everything but beyond this practice makes a man perfect but for this body must be very hard and energetic in all sense therefore diet also is much considerable in this regard.Better diet gives the better results.
YOLO RIGHT!?!?!? SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
cleans, over head press, and america kettle bell swings always hit my traps really hard.

Your workout looks like it should be good though. I think you should add the cleans in somewhere. Even if it's just a bunch of hang cleans one day a week.
Should I add it to day A or B? I'm still sore from first day. Those 5 working sets KILLED my legs (which I have neglected for way too long)

Anyways I'll be posting videos on my form so you can tell me how much of a noob I am lol
Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #348
DylloS

Quote:
YOLO RIGHT!?!?!? SWAG

Should I add it to day A or B? I'm still sore from first day. Those 5 working sets KILLED my legs (which I have neglected for way too long)

Anyways I'll be posting videos on my form so you can tell me how much of a noob I am lol
I might do it with the deads and press since they will use your traps too. You can just finish the day with 30 hang cleans in as little time as possible or something. I just love cleans so I could never leave them out again lol

And don't be worried about the form. I was a mess when I first started. It took so much research and help by people around here and youtube videos.

Last edited by DylloS; 03-06-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #349
kushy

I know man, I read through the first 30 or so pages of your thread the other day. I feel like if I show my form on here and get help it will prevent injury physically (and to my ego hehe)
Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #350
DylloS

Quote:
I know man, I read through the first 30 or so pages of your thread the other day. I feel like if I show my form on here and get help it will prevent injury physically (and to my ego hehe)
I wish I kept my form check on my cleans when I first started lol. It would have been funny to see.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #351
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
Get in some of dem dumbbell pullovers for dem pecs
Old 03-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #352
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
Get in some of dem dumbbell pullovers for dem pecs
There are far better exercises for pecs than DB pull-overs.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #353
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
To do what? I'd keep everything constant and throw couple sets of those into the mix.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #354
kushy

****. I feel like I'm overthinking deadlifts and screwing up my form. I dropped the weight and have just been trying my form, what's wrong with this???

Old 03-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #355
DylloS

Quote:
****. I feel like I'm overthinking deadlifts and screwing up my form. I dropped the weight and have just been trying my form, what's wrong with this???

Not bad at all. Focus on keeping your chest up. It looks like you're a little flat on the initial lift. Also maybe lower the hips a tiny bit. People tend to drive them selves nuts over this lift and make things harder.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #356
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Not bad at all. Focus on keeping your chest up. It looks like you're a little flat on the initial lift. Also maybe lower the hips a tiny bit. People tend to drive them selves nuts over this lift and make things harder.
I'm going to agree with this. You look pretty good there Kush. I would drop the hips a bit more as suggested, but you look good overall.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #357
bostonsc4

A good tip I heard was fixate on a point on the wall in front of you thats slightly above shoulder level, and don't take your eyes off it. Keeping your chin up helps keep your chest up too.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #358
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
A good tip I heard was fixate on a point on the wall in front of you thats slightly above shoulder level, and don't take your eyes off it. Keeping your chin up helps keep your chest up too.

Reading these posts amps me up for dead lift duty. I'm glad today is dead lift and bench press day.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #359
bostonsc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Reading these posts amps me up for dead lift duty. I'm glad today is dead lift and bench press day.
Something I said amped up M3Inline6?!?!

Last edited by bostonsc4; 03-06-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #360
kushy

get a room *******s! lol