E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #101
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Bro, can you not see that you are weak! Resist the temptation to socialize.

Obviously, you already had to hand in your "cool guy card" because you don't have an iPhone, but on top of that, you want to watch the superbowl!

Are you fvcking kidding me bro!

I bet you're one of those tools that leaves a tip when you go out to eat too
I am weak. I need deliverance from this place of weakness. I call it Weakdom.

I bought an iPhone 5 two nights ago. Was just perusing your excellent case thread before I head off to Best Buy to showroom them a bit. After that, I'm gonna pick up my renewed CGC. But I'll give a tip the bro behind the counter at CGs-R-Us, I'll tell him to eat more fiber.

Last edited by Xcelratr; 02-02-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Xcelratr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #102
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
When is it? I need to know so I don't watch it by mistake?

dmax on the radio--answering all your car questions as best I can!
watsonnwatson.com every Wednesday at 9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 Click "Watch and Chat"
Please 'friend' me!
https://www.facebook.com/DMaxstandup
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #103
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
It's a game - just go hang out

Vader figured u were caught into all the sf hype giving the fan basis in our backyard
Nah. I enjoyed watching football when my son was playing a couple of years ago, but I've never been able to bring myself to sit down for three-plus hours for an NFL game.

Also: one of the things I hate about pro sports is the false tribalism they (very successfully) try to foist on the local populace. I've never understood why I'm supposed to care about an entertainment conglomerate in my city that's made up of a revolving door of itinerant professionals who come and go every season. And then the team, if it gets a little more money, will pull up stakes and abandon the city and its fans if it suits them. No thanks. Pro football is the Olive Garden of sports--that's why I was surprised to see that you were drinking the kool-aid.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #104
djmangee816

My Ride: ///m
f you baltimore f u

djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #105
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Nah. I enjoyed watching football when my son was playing a couple of years ago, but I've never been able to bring myself to sit down for three-plus hours for an NFL game.

Also: one of the things I hate about pro sports is the false tribalism they (very successfully) try to foist on the local populace. I've never understood why I'm supposed to care about an entertainment conglomerate in my city that's made up of a revolving door of itinerant professionals who come and go every season. And then the team, if it gets a little more money, will pull up stakes and abandon the city and its fans if it suits them. No thanks. Pro football is the Olive Garden of sports--that's why I was surprised to see that you were drinking the kool-aid.
I don't see how I'm not being true to myself if I'm just down for a good game.

Neither of these teams are from my hometown - jerseyian

It's one thing to watch the game with your sons or at home but to ignore it all together because its popular is a bit strange.

The nfl is an excellent product on tv; the game itself is pretty amazing. It's entertainment not an endorsement of big corporations though commercials could be nauseating.

You of all people know how i feel about Olive Garden!

Have a great weekend

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #106
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Quote:

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #107
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
I don't see how I'm not being true to myself if I'm just down for a good game.

Neither of these teams are from my hometown - jerseyian

It's one thing to watch the game with your sons or at home but to ignore it all together because its popular is a bit strange.

The nfl is an excellent product on tv; the game itself is pretty amazing. It's entertainment not an endorsement of big corporations though commercials could be nauseating.

You of all people know how i feel about Olive Garden!

Have a great weekend
Thanks! You have a great weekend too.

I'm not ignoring it because it's popular. I ignore it because it's boring to me. It's just the same crap over and over and over again. I admit that it's a great product, from a marketing standpoint. Its continuing success is a testament to that.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #108
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
She doesn't know yet. I'm just gonna bring it home.
That's the way to do it
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #109
dualbob103

My Ride: Mums
I'm getting fios installed during the super bowl,

150/65 speeds
dualbob103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #110
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I never understood the undying loyalty to a group of people that have nothing to do with your city. Now, if the teams could only scout from a certain geographical area (i.e. a certain radius of the city) that would be a different story.

Also, that's why, in baseball, I like the Yankees. They, at least, have no qualms about openly targeting the top players. I can support their model...because they have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #111
pancakes

My Ride: car, truck, & bike
don't have the attention span for that shite. cut the games down to an hour and maybe I'll watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I don't support inertacial dating either, I'd tell you right to your face.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:58 AM   #112
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
we're headed to pick up the fourth buddy who I just woke up 4 am to go fishing.

this is us in about 2 hours

may get back home in time for the superbowl party

"I never met a girl that make me feel like you do,..you're alright...Whenever I'm asked who makes my dreams real, I say that you do, you're alright..
Baby, baby, baby.. I'm bringing you a love that's true..Baby, baby, baby.. I'm bringing you a love that's true.."

Bimmerfest BBQ 2014
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #113
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I never understood the undying loyalty to a group of people that have nothing to do with your city. Now, if the teams could only scout from a certain geographical area (i.e. a certain radius of the city) that would be a different story.

Also, that's why, in baseball, I like the Yankees. They, at least, have no qualms about openly targeting the top players. I can support their model...because they have one.
Football and baseball really aren't so different. Support both or neither, jmo.

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #114
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
So far

Sent from my ADR6350 using Bimmer App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359907050406.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	489135  

"I never met a girl that make me feel like you do,..you're alright...Whenever I'm asked who makes my dreams real, I say that you do, you're alright..
Baby, baby, baby.. I'm bringing you a love that's true..Baby, baby, baby.. I'm bringing you a love that's true.."

Bimmerfest BBQ 2014
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #115
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
gonna go shooting an spend the rest of the day with a cute girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
Both BMW greensboro. Difference is, now those idiots can show how stupid they are through social media. And now they have no shame about it. This is why society needs bullying.
Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #116
TayloMade[07]

My Ride: '12 Frontier Pro-4x
I'm stuck in the middle of no where - filling in for one of our southern crews, working a scale station - writing down truck weights every 20-30 minutes... 6am-6:30... long ass boring day. why they are paying a draftsmen to do this job is beyond me.

thank jebus for hotspots and time and a half + OT.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #117
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayloMade[07] View Post
I'm stuck in the middle of no where - filling in for one of our southern crews, working a scale station - writing down truck weights every 20-30 minutes... 6am-6:30... long ass boring day. why they are paying a draftsmen to do this job is beyond me.

thank jebus for hotspots and time and a half + OT.
Those kind of days are crucial if you're hourly, and hell if you're on salary. There were a few weekends where I worked 8-10 hour days all weekend and all I could think about was "I'm not getting paid any extra for this bullsh!t"

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #118
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
For those of you who did not watch it, it was a phenomenal game.

Your loss.

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #119
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Most of the Bay Area voted for Entergy Corporation for SB MVP.
Xcelratr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #120
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
I did not watch one second of it. Didn't even know what channel it was on. I've been busy drinking wine and performing fundamental stock valuations all day.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote