E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #81
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
How can you tell the difference in Peanut Butter? I have never heard of Jiffy... Skippy and Jif.

Just curious, so I can tell my mom to buy a certain peanut butter, since I've been too lazy to grocery shop.
Only ingredients are peanuts and salt. You'll have oil separation on the top.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #82
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
You can get these at Target. Both are $5.99 and give 16 fat, 5 carb, and 7 protein per two tbsp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1330350337.109362.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	439198  
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #83
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
On campus I'll bring a couple scoops with my shaker and do that for sure. Like I said in an earlier post this was my PWO shake/meal replacement shake.

But for us to still be talking about peanut butter

2 weeks ago I quit eating fast food and quit drinking soda. The last thing on my mind is worrying about is peanut butter.

Solly I see your point though. My dad gave me a huge jar of PB from Costco so I'll finish that sh1t up.

And oh yeah, I just had some salmon with some WHITE rice.
Nothing wrong with the diet... cutting out fast food and soda alone is a big improvement.

I just don't understand why you are taking that shake PWO? That seems like a ton of cals.

All I take after the gym on a cut is 2 scoops whey, 5g creatine, and 3-5g glutamine... with cold water. That's a heavy shake if you aren't doing cardio... milk, peanut butter, banana, protein?

"Meal Replacement Shake." I never replace meals with a shake... especially after the gym.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #84
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
You can get these at Target. Both are $5.99 and give 16 fat, 5 carb, and 7 protein per two tbsp.
Nice. I'll check this out.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #85
sweetbro858
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 549
My Ride: BMW
I came to the realization that I haven't tried cutting before. And I'm failing miserably. The first step is asking for help, help meh!


__________________

Last edited by sweetbro858; 02-29-2012 at 12:03 PM.
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #86
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
if this is the sh1t you're eating then it's no wonder you gained weight. Sh1t is fuucking easy. Just don't eat garbage.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #87
sweetbro858
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 549
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
if this is the sh1t you're eating then it's no wonder you gained weight. Sh1t is fuucking easy. Just don't eat garbage.
Yeah I know. But imagine having never dieted before. It's so hard dawg.
__________________
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #88
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
Yeah I know. But imagine having never dieted before. It's so hard dawg.
The problem is you're not even trying. I gave you a list of sh1t. Use it. Maybe I'm different but I can live on the sh1t I make. You seem to know how to cook so you shouldn't have too much trouble creating meals.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #89
sweetbro858
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 549
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
The problem is you're not even trying. I gave you a list of sh1t. Use it. Maybe I'm different but I can live on the sh1t I make. You seem to know how to cook so you shouldn't have too much trouble creating meals.
Yeah I know man, you've pointed me in the right direction. The only meal I really fk up is with dinner.

I don't really plan ahead. I'll be starving and all the chick breasts are frozen.

I did some sit ups yesterday for the first time in over a year.
__________________
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #90
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
Yeah I know man, you've pointed me in the right direction. The only meal I really fk up is with dinner.

I don't really plan ahead. I'll be starving and all the chick breasts are frozen.

I did some sit ups yesterday for the first time in over a year.
It they're frozen bake them longer or just soak them in warm water for a while

Your problem isn't planning. It's throwing sour cream and cheese on potatoes
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #91
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Nothing wrong with the diet... cutting out fast food and soda alone is a big improvement.

I just don't understand why you are taking that shake PWO? That seems like a ton of cals.

All I take after the gym on a cut is 2 scoops whey, 5g creatine, and 3-5g glutamine... with cold water. That's a heavy shake if you aren't doing cardio... milk, peanut butter, banana, protein?

"Meal Replacement Shake." I never replace meals with a shake... especially after the gym.
I would take the creatine with something else than water...JMO
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #92
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
I would take the creatine with something else than water...JMO
Why?

Sometimes I'll put it in juice, but I prefer cold water since that keeps it the least soluble but easy to drink. Hard to find something to mix it in that doesn't have acid/sodium, which I try to avoid.


What do you mix it with?
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #93
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Why?

Sometimes I'll put it in juice, but I prefer cold water since that keeps it the least soluble but easy to drink. Hard to find something to mix it in that doesn't have acid/sodium, which I try to avoid.


What do you mix it with?
only other thing I've heard people mix it with was apple or grape juice
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #94
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
I came to the realization that I haven't tried cutting before. And I'm failing miserably. The first step is asking for help, help meh!


First one while - maybe if you skipped the condiments.

Second one while dieting -
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #95
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
only other thing I've heard people mix it with was apple or grape juice
Same. Although I tend to avoid apple juice, gives me the squirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
First one while - maybe if you skipped the condiments.

Second one while dieting -
Word.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #96
sweetbro858
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 549
My Ride: BMW
Blood results came back. My cholesterol is normal.

I just got back from a nice run with the new shoes.

So I quit drinking soda weeks ago but bought a jug of that arnold palmer iced tea

It's really good an all but the sugar is still very high, my dad gave me some of that crystal light stuff, it tastes almost exactly like the ice tea but with no sugar.


But my question is: what's the boards favorite low carb beer? I haven't drank in a while but I used to drink IPAs all the time.
__________________
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #97
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbro858 View Post
Blood results came back. My cholesterol is normal.

I just got back from a nice run with the new shoes.

So I quit drinking soda weeks ago but bought a jug of that arnold palmer iced tea

It's really good an all but the sugar is still very high, my dad gave me some of that crystal light stuff, it tastes almost exactly like the ice tea but with no sugar.


But my question is: what's the boards favorite low carb beer? I haven't drank in a while but I used to drink IPAs all the time.
Arnold Palmers and beer while "cutting?"

Dude why not just be fat and happy?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #98
kushy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kids these days are pu55ies
Posts: 238
My Ride: automatic m3
beer? not for me


vodka + water + lemon = win.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #99
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Arnold Palmers and beer while "cutting?"

Dude why not just be fat and happy?
For real. Op stop doing this sh1t or just give up now. You just started and you can't cut this crap out.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #100
sweetbro858
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 549
My Ride: BMW
I thought "cutting" would be when you already have a low body fat percentage, and are trying to get crazy shredded.

I know my dieting isn't even close to being perfect and I know that.

My mentality is that if I refrain from eating fast food, drinkin soda, and work out 5 days a week and run a few times a week I will be alright.

I know you guys are trying to help, but im not on youre level pf dedication i guess.
__________________
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use