E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What subs to choose

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  HaN-hAn 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I am plannin of remakeing my system

First of all I would want that the subs would play a deep bass even when the volume is low, then off-course much much rattle :thumbup: , more likely would want a sealed box because of the room that the subbox will take

Ok here are the choises of the subs:(I am planning of puttin 2 12 or one 15inch)

Focal Polyglass V2 Serie (can you also tell me the box size)
Poly-K Serie (can you also tell me the box size)

Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 Serie

Kicker SoloBaric L7(only one sub because I dont have a 1 ohm amp)

or

Spl Dynamics Pro Serie(dont know if youve heard of these)
here is the homepage: http://www.spldynamics.fi

And also can someone please tell me how you guis face your subs to the trunk, from where gets the bass in?? Is the invertor(box hole if a vented box is used) thruw the skypass or how ??

Tnx for the input

:D

See less See more
#4 ·
I haven't had any experience w/ the focal in that series, but the Rockford is not bad. I love the Solobaric though, good tight bass and very small enclosure requirements, which seems to meet your requirements. Another sub that needs less volume enclosure than the norm is the Xtant hex sub. Can't compliment the solobaric enough for the price though. Hsu Research subs should also be looked into. For more expensive subs, try looking into Phase Linear Aliante Si subs. Or for some classics, PPI Flat Driver subs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.