||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rate Thread||Display Modes|
|02-14-2012, 11:42 AM||#1|
Fs/ft: 1991 m3 - $19,000 obo
I've been a member here for a long time but never posted (as I never ended up with an E46...) Thought there may be some interest here. This is posted on several other forums as well, I only mention that as, my username is the same on most major BMW forums.
I'm going to start this by saying I do not HAVE to sell this car. In a perfect world, my M3 would sit in a garage and be driven on weekends and warm days. This is not a perfect world, and I have to factor in a daily driver for both myself and one for my wife (and small child). So with that said, and having three cars not being feasible at this time, I am looking to sell my M3. Further more, that means I am not going to be extremely flexible price wise.
I will do my very best to describe the car in detail. I realize that it is likely that some will travel to see the car, and I will do my best to be as transparent and honest in the description of this car. I am, however, NOT a mechanic and will not attempt to pass of my opinion as fact.
Asking price: $19,000 (obo)
I will also entertain trade + cash offers. Specifically clean E30 coupe's, *slicktops, or cars with clean swaps + cash. I will entertain anything in the BMW family, but I'm unlikely to stray from the E30 or E36 family. Show me what you've got! I would be interested in a CLEAN E46 sedan or Touring (manual only) + cash
I also would be willing to lower the price of the price of the car if I kept the AC Schnitzer mirrors and/or CF spoiler. I realize they may not be for everyone, but they are worth quite a bit.
1991 E30 M3 - Diamond Schwartz Metallic on Grey leather seats
Approximately 112,500 miles
I am the second owner of this car. I purchased it in Germany (it is US spec). The original owner purchased it new from BMW Military Sales in Kaiserslautern, Germany. I have original documentation with the vehicle showing where it was purchased. The previous owner (PO) was an older gentleman who babied the car. He stated the vehicle never saw snow and rarely rain. I rarely drove this vehicle in the rain, but this year it did see some snow. Whenever it saw snow or salt, I washed the vehicle within a week of it seeing snow. I have some original documentation showing inspection dates and locations. I, regretfully, did not keep very good documentation. However, I've never had the vehicle serviced. I alone, or with the help of friends did all service (fourm members and fellow enthusiasts, Yan-3, Eric, maynasty, and others). I kept up with regular oil changes, but never logged them. The only "tracking" this car has done has been on the Nurburgring, approximately 15-20 laps.
- Chip (I believe a Dinan) - The stock chip is included.
- Authentic AC Schnitzer Mirrors - Originals included, but motors/glass missing. These are very rare and worth quite a bit.
- Carbon Fiber Evo Replica Spoiler (Base painted the same color as the car, the adjustable flap is exposed carbon fiber. This was ordered from Markus in Germany. This also is worth quite a bit. Original stock spoiler is included.
- Euro tow hook covers - I have the originals as well. If you're not familiar with this modification I can show you the difference.
- Fog Light delete/Brake ducts (Fiberglass) - these remove the fog lights to push more air towards the brakes. This is a replica of a BMW part. I have the original foglamps which are included.
- Euro grills w/M3 badge
- Authentic smoked Hella "smilies" headlights w/ DDMTuning HID's
- 75mm studs/bolts in black (bought from Kaliboy) - I have a box full of lug nuts that I'd include if interested. These are removable as well.
- Eibach Springs / Bilstein shocks - installed by PO
- Racing Dynamics Strut Braces (front and rear) - installed by PO
- Keyless entry - recently installed, keyless only no alarm
- Oil changes every 3,000-4,000 with Mobil 1 fully synthetic 15w50
- Zimmerman drilled rotors with Hawk HP + pads
- Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines - The rear lines that go under subframe were never installed, I still have these.
- New OEM control arms and Treehouse Racing CAB's
- New upper front strut mounts
- S50 timing chain tensioner
- New Alternator braket and belts.
- Newer cap and rotor, spark plug wires (stock) (within last 20K)
- New snow tires (less than 500 miles)
- BBS RK (16x8) ET15 - these are in VERY good condition. Not MINT but maybe 8/10. NO RASH!
- Newer OEM battery (within last two years)
Known Mechanical Issues
- Small oil leakage. - I believe its a worn gasket, but I am not 100%. It's never been an issue where I've needed to add oil. You'll be hard pressed to find an S14 that doesn't leak SOMEWHAT.
- Cold start issue. - Some times it needs a little gas to turn over when it's cold. It's never NOT started.
- No Air Conditioning. - A few years ago the AC compressor bracket broke. I removed the AC compressor and some pipes. The AC never blew cold, so when the compressor came off I never worried about it. If I remember correctly, the compressor looked like it had been previously welded (not from factory). I have all of the parts minus a AC compressor. The E30 M3 compressor is the same as the E30 325i, so it shouldn't be expensive to locate another.
- Brakes Squeak - These are from the pads, I've done enough research to realize this is "normal". Started from day one of the HP+ pads install. I have no problem with these, they are very good pads, but I want it disclosed that they can be loud.
- Rattling from front suspension - I am not 100% on what this is from. Strut mounts were replaced as well as CAB's. Never has it been an issue, the car drives straight, but I get a little rattle from time to time.
- No Battery tie down - Battery can bounce a bit. Previous Owner (PO) had a tank battery in there, and the tie down was removed. When I replaced it with an OEM battery, it wasn't anywhere to be found. This has never been an issue (other than the noise). I have the tie down, but am missing one piece to fully secure it. This may be sourced before sale.
Known Cosmetic / Body Issues
- The HVAC panel has a small crack that shines light through.
- The rear seat has some stitching which is pulling away. Overall the leather is in GREAT condition.
- Small dent (dime sized) on the passenger door another on the passenger rear quarter panel - Only dents on the entire car, both are very small.
- Touch Up Paint - PO attempted a touch up job in three locations. 1) passenger side rear quarter panel (approx. 4 inches long) 2) passenger side front fender (approx nickel sized) 3) two small spots on the rear badge area, appears he attempted to pry the badge off. I've spoken to a professional painter who said he felt the paint could be heated and the touch up removed. I've almost never had anyone notice it, but I do, and you will now. (photos below)
- Rust - Mostly rust free, VERY LITTLE RUST... The worst area is the rear license plate lights have rust on them. There is a small bubble starting on the passenger side of the front windshield, and what appears to be the start of some on the sunroof. This is not a rusty car at all. (photos below)
- Front bumper - Lots of rock chips from the Autobahn. I would respray this.
- ACS Mirrors have cracks on the top where the mirror mounts to the body. - This is hardly noticeable, and the mirrors are NOT damaged, its just a weak point in the mirror, I haven't ever had anyone notice this. (photos below)
- Front side markers unplugged - These were never reinstalled when the bumper was taken off for the air ducts / euro tow hooks.
My Rating of the car
Perhaps this is subjective and I'm sure you'll have you're own rating. That said, if you come see the car, please feel free to add your opinion here.
- Body 8/10 - The paint is in VERY good condition. The body has very little rust, and hardly any dents/dings.
- Interior 8.5/10 - Besides the rear seat pulling apart, the seats are in very good condition. I haven't seen many E30's (or E36's even) with this clean of an interior.
- Engine 8/10 - The engine is very strong. I have not done any compression testing, but I feel its in good condition. The transmission shifts very clean, and has no play or slop.
Over all, this is a very clean and mechanically sound car. Don't let my list of "issues" scare you, many of these are simple fixes that I have just not gotten around to. Should the car not sell right away, they may even be fixed before sold. I feel the car has some very nice modifications, and is begging for some engine upgrades.
Colgan Custom Bra - Never used, black "leather". I may actually have two of these.
Stock mirrors / Stock spoiler
Used stock spark plug wires
Peake Reset Tool
Lots of other randoms, wheel spacers, etc... I'll update this as I locate stuff.
Many of these photos are in different stages of ownership. The vehicle will come on 16x8 BBS RK's, AC Schnitzer wheels are GONE. I will be adding more photos when I get a chance to take some decent shots. If there is something you'd like to see specifically, let me know.
First Week of Ownership:
[The seats are still about in the same condition, I will update with some current photos soon]
Best daytime photos of current state (minus AC Schnitzer wheels)
Photos from TONIGHT.
These were taken in the car wash (as I said, I wash the car weekly if it see's salt). I will post day time photos as well, but I wanted something current to put in the ad. Keep in mind, obviously the car is wet. These are from my iPhone as well, so keep that in mind. I will update photos when the weather is better and I can find a decent camera.
Touch up done by PO:
Front rock chips: (seen better in the daytime photos above) The water + flash makes it look A LOT worse than it actually is.
Cracked HVAC panel:
License plate light rust:
Sunroof discoloration / rust:
Mirror cracked paint:
My asking price is somewhat negotiable, but I will not accept low ballers or tire kickers. I will not respond to ignorant or rude comments either. I feel the car is priced fair and will be willing to show the car if anyone is interested. I do plan on having the vehicle inspected by a BMW mechanic in the near future and will provide any details I learn. The car has a clean title, and I ran a carfax before I purchased the vehicle, which I may have (and was obviously clean). I would be willing to provide the VIN to anyone who needed it. If you're interested, I respond best by PM. I will provide my contact information to people who are seriously interested.
I'm sure I am missing something here or there, and I will update these threads if anything changes. Thanks for the interest, and a huge thank you to the S14.net community who has been awesome!
Last edited by alexw; 03-04-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Updated discription.
|Ads by Google|
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
|02-15-2012, 02:58 PM||#7|
|02-16-2012, 11:39 AM||#11|
|02-17-2012, 11:36 AM||#14|
|02-19-2012, 11:42 PM||#16|
I've had quite a bit of requests for interior shots. As I've said before, the interior is in very very good shape. I am planning on ordering the screws for the knee bolster (area under the steering wheel). The purple cord you see under the steering wheel is a Monster cable that was installed by the previous owner for a CD changer which is mounted in the trunk. It's easily removable, I never did because it's covered by the bolster (when installed).
These were taken with my crappy point and shoot and inside of my tiny garage (don't mind my mess). These will have to do until my schedule and the weather let me get the car outside in the daylight!
These are in no particular order, as usual, if you have any questions please let me know!
|02-25-2012, 04:01 PM||#17|
I've had a lot of requests for photos out in the daylight. We've had some crappy weather here lately, today was the first day the roads were clear enough for me to take it out for some shots. I cant seem to find my DSLR so this is about the best they're getting. I'd encourage anyone interested to come see it (if feasible).
Just a note, the price is $19,000 OBO. I just don't want lowballers (which is 95% of what I've had so far). I also have mounted the knee bolster and added the pedal pads. I will be continuing to address the small list of "issues".
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|