E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #61
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Why? Because I dedicated hard work, time, and money onto something and got a good result?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #62
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Why? Because I dedicated hard work, time, and money onto something and got a good result?
Time? Dude you've worked out for 18 months. Your results are not even close to typical. I'm fuucking with you lol. Consider it a compliment.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #63
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
I actually know a fair amount of troopers around here, and they don't use it.
Your childlike belief in their honesty on the topic is refreshing. Hopefully, by the time you become a cop, you'll have developed a better BS detector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #64
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Haven't been able to update this much, midterms and a bunch of hockey games this past week and next week. I had my bf measure two days ago at 173lbs, I was at 7.1%. Down 3% from two weeks ago. I honestly feel a lot weeker, which I shouldn't, I had my worst chest/tri work out in a long time on Monday, I was pretty much shot after bench, I could only put up 225 4 times, usually I can rep it out 10-13. I definitely needed to intake more calories and hit my macros. Busy schedule has taken away my time from that. Over the past week since Monday I have added a lot more calories to my diet and felt really good for my back/bi day yesterday. PR on deadlift (365x5). Hitting legs before work tomorrow, then one more week of this until spring break.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #65
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLA View Post
Haven't been able to update this much, midterms and a bunch of hockey games this past week and next week. I had my bf measure two days ago at 173lbs, I was at 7.1%. Down 3% from two weeks ago. I honestly feel a lot weeker, which I shouldn't, I had my worst chest/tri work out in a long time on Monday, I was pretty much shot after bench, I could only put up 225 4 times, usually I can rep it out 10-13. I definitely needed to intake more calories and hit my macros. Busy schedule has taken away my time from that. Over the past week since Monday I have added a lot more calories to my diet and felt really good for my back/bi day yesterday. PR on deadlift (365x5). Hitting legs before work tomorrow, then one more week of this until spring break.
Damn well at least there are results, but sucks your lifts went down THAT much.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #66
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Hockey is an extremely draining sport, I'm jealous you get to play so much... but it will definitely take its toll on your body.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #67
Hockeyman17

My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Hockey is an extremely draining sport, I'm jealous you get to play so much... but it will definitely take its toll on your body.
Hockey is also Fkn expensive. With the 3 teams I play on $800 per season. 2 spring teams @ $300 each. That's 3k a year not to mention skate sharpenings, sticks and other random gear.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #68
DILLA

Quote:
Damn well at least there are results, but sucks your lifts went down THAT much.
Yea, I just needed to get in more calories. My strength has already come back now that I've been eating a lot more. Strength shouldn't go down that much when you cut, my buddy who I trained with when I lived in Minnesota was still repping 405 2 weeks before competition, although he is a freak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
It is, sometimes I forget how much more I need to eat when I play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 View Post
Hockey is also Fkn expensive. With the 3 teams I play on $800 per season. 2 spring teams @ $300 each. That's 3k a year not to mention skate sharpenings, sticks and other random gear.
True, I play goalie so equipment is rediculous, luckily I still have a bunch of equipment and sticks I got for free when I was playing junior a's and I play for free since people need goalies all the time. I really want to get back into playing high level again.

Last edited by DILLA; 03-02-2012 at 02:18 PM.
DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #69
DanielJames

My Ride: Estoril 320d Sport
Whats this points system all about?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #70
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJames View Post
Whats this points system all about?
fitocracy.com

it's like a social network site to log all your workouts, get points, gain achievements etc
Old 04-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #71
DILLA

Haven't been able to keep up with my logs for my workouts and nutrition due to a lot of school work, work, and coaching/playing/watching hockey, but I am staying on top of it. I am sitting at 183 right now, ran a 10k last friday out of a random decision. I did it in 47:23. Ok for not training for long distance running!
Supplements I am taking:
ON Whey
ON Casien
Laminine
ON Creatine
Omega-3
Multivitamin
Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #72
DylloS

Quote:
Haven't been able to keep up with my logs for my workouts and nutrition due to a lot of school work, work, and coaching/playing/watching hockey, but I am staying on top of it. I am sitting at 183 right now, ran a 10k last friday out of a random decision. I did it in 47:23. Ok for not training for long distance running!
Supplements I am taking:
ON Whey
ON Casien
Laminine
ON Creatine
Omega-3
Multivitamin
that's a very good time I think.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #73
DILLA

Thanks man, I am happy with it.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #74
DylloS

Quote:
Thanks man, I am happy with it.
I did a 5k at 27:04 just to give you an idea. I stopped for a bit to work out a cramp which pissed me off.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #75
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Ive never timed my long runs. hmmm, wonder what times i do.
I only worry about time on my short runs, trying to maintain the sub 11 minute 1.5 mile.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #76
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
I went out to do a 10k today and had a "code brown" at mile 4.5 an had to have my wife pick me up. Was at 35:00 at 4.5 miles so I think I was just about on the same pace.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #77
DILLA

Is it at all possible to not lose a ton of mass over the course of a month of not working out? I'm having another eye surgery, and I won't be able to lift for a month after. I wasn't able to lift for 7 months last year and lost almost all my gains, it was pretty devastating. Can anyone recommend anything to maintain a good portion of my mass over the next month? Or am I SOL? My diet has been pretty strict and I plan on keeping it that way if that will help me maintain
Old 05-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #78
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Is it at all possible to not lose a ton of mass over the course of a month of not working out? I'm having another eye surgery, and I won't be able to lift for a month after. I wasn't able to lift for 7 months last year and lost almost all my gains, it was pretty devastating. Can anyone recommend anything to maintain a good portion of my mass over the next month? Or am I SOL? My diet has been pretty strict and I plan on keeping it that way if that will help me maintain
Your best option is to keep protein and fat high and carbs low. Supplement heavily with BCAAs as well. This will help minimize losses, but you will lose some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #79
DylloS

Quote:
I'd imagine if you keep your protein up. Can do you anything? Like push ups and pull ups?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #80
DILLA

Unfortunately I can't even lift anything more than a milk jug for a month, I will be able to ease into push-ups and all that week by week. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try that out and see how things go, I'm expecting to lose mass, but I want to try to minimize it. I'm just thankful its only for a month.