E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #61
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
This morning I made my self an omelette. You guys were right, it was super easy. And it was fvcking good! Had the veggies diced up in a bowl from the night before.

Solly, now it's on you to start. I didnt even have to wake up early, just had it frying while getting ready.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #62
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 View Post
This morning I made my self an omelette. You guys were right, it was super easy. And it was fvcking good! Had the veggies diced up in a bowl from the night before.

Solly, now it's on you to start. I didnt even have to wake up early, just had it frying while getting ready.
Todays breakfast

6 eggs 4 strips of bacon. Took about 20 minutes from taking the stuff out of the fridge to clean up
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #63
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Todays breakfast

6 eggs 4 strips of bacon. Took about 20 minutes from taking the stuff out of the fridge to clean up
Nice Work.

Here's mine. I def need to chop the peppers smaller.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1345815425.684538.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	466193  
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #64
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 View Post
Nice Work.

Here's mine. I def need to chop the peppers smaller.

that looks like it would take some time to eat. Your eggs are too dry lol
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #65
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Some morning time-savers I've discovered:

Heat the pan while you shower (or even shower before bed to save more time)
Prepare anything the night before
Set out your clothes the night before

Little things go a long way in the morning!
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #66
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I made same thing as you this morning solly, but I tried making "greek style" scrambled eggs... used 11% MF greek yogurt, sour cream, and feta cheese... tasted unreal and upped the calories quite a bit.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #67
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Some morning time-savers I've discovered:

Heat the pan while you shower (or even shower before bed to save more time)
Prepare anything the night before
Set out your clothes the night before

Little things go a long way in the morning!
I need to do the clothes thing. I iron every single morning lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I made same thing as you this morning solly, but I tried making "greek style" scrambled eggs... used 11% MF greek yogurt, sour cream, and feta cheese... tasted unreal and upped the calories quite a bit.
Sounds awesome. What's mf greek yogurt?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #68
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I made same thing as you this morning solly, but I tried making "greek style" scrambled eggs... used 11% MF greek yogurt, sour cream, and feta cheese... tasted unreal and upped the calories quite a bit.
I will def try this. Looking to build my recipe list. I dont want to get into a boring food routine. I chopped all the veggies the night before, that was a big time saver.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #69
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 View Post
I will def try this. Looking to build my recipe list. I dont want to get into a boring food routine. I chopped all the veggies the night before, that was a big time saver.
another way to get some veggies in is to just throw a few handfuls of baby spinach in the eggs
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #70
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I need to do the clothes thing. I iron every single morning lol.



Sounds awesome. What's mf greek yogurt?
milk fat, so just really high fat yogurt I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 View Post
I will def try this. Looking to build my recipe list. I dont want to get into a boring food routine. I chopped all the veggies the night before, that was a big time saver.
I used to do the pan fried chicken breast with boiled frozen vegetables every night while cutting... I've learned my lesson.

Biggest thing for me to get out of the boring routine was learning seasonings and spices. I have built a collection of about $150 or more worth of spices, and have learned a lot of recipes for seasonings. Fresh basil, rosemary, parsley etc on chicken makes a huge difference... mixing together chili powder/cayenne pepper/cumin/garlic powder/onion powder/italian seasoning for ground beef makes it unbelievably good etc... and its all healthy.

Sauteed mushrooms and onions in olive oil (or even better, butter) will make any meal non bland.

Learn to make greek salad (I use green/yellow/red peppers quartered, cucumber quartered, vine tomatoes quartered with feta and ground black pepper with an olive oil / lemon juice / balsamic vinegar and spices dressing). It's a staple side in my diet, and allows you to get some good fats and veggies in.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #71
sweetbro858
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 549
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
milk fat, so just really high fat yogurt I love it.
Not high and fat, but this stuff is awesome.

http://imgur.com/a/uc943
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #72
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
I'm eating bad tonight. But it's my buddy's stag, not much of a choice. Here's my buddy's outfit we made for him. Candy Raver theme
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1345958308.562905.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	466348  

Last edited by Hockeyman17; 08-26-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #73
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
^^^I was black out drunk when I posted that. I can't believe my grammar was so good lol.

So I've been eating well I would say 4 out of 5 meals in the last 8 days or so. I've been to the gym 3 times. I've been cutting out bread entirely and I'm down 4 lbs right now. The plan was to gain weight but I figured this would happen, I think I've she'd some fat, I def look a little better.

I will be increasing the intensity and frequency of my workouts as well as forcing myself to eat more. I'm going to look up some more recipes for myself to keep the food interesting.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #74
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 View Post
^^^I was black out drunk when I posted that. I can't believe my grammar was so good lol.

So I've been eating well I would say 4 out of 5 meals in the last 8 days or so. I've been to the gym 3 times. I've been cutting out bread entirely and I'm down 4 lbs right now. The plan was to gain weight but I figured this would happen, I think I've she'd some fat, I def look a little better.

I will be increasing the intensity and frequency of my workouts as well as forcing myself to eat more. I'm going to look up some more recipes for myself to keep the food interesting.
I need to start eating a lot more too.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #75
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
Worked out upper body with my brother today. My numbers have improved quickly since I started 2 weeks ago. Still not where I want them though.

Chest Press (dumbells)
12x45, 12x55, 8x65, 4x70

Hang Power Clean
12x45, 12x65, 12x75, 10x90

Leg Throwdowns (for abs)
15-15-15

Tricep Dips
12-12-10

Hammer curls (each arm)
12x30, 12x30, 8x30

Bike 10 min gear 10.
This is way easier when you don't do legs that day

My brother had baseball tomorrow so he didn't want to do legs. Wednesday we're going to blast legs. I wish we had more space to do some complex exercises (Power Clean, Clean and Jerk) but there is no room. I need a garage.

Last edited by Hockeyman17; 08-27-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #76
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 View Post
Worked out upper body with my brother today. My numbers have improved quickly since I started 2 weeks ago. Still not where I want them though.

Chest Press (dumbells)
12x45, 12x55, 8x65, 4x70

Hang Power Clean
12x45, 12x65, 12x75, 10x90

Leg Throwdowns (for abs)
15-15-15

Tricep Dips
12-12-10

Hammer curls (each arm)
12x30, 12x30, 8x30

Bike 10 min gear 10.
This is way easier when you don't do legs that day

My brother had baseball tomorrow so he didn't want to do legs. Wednesday we're going to blast legs. I wish we had more space to do some complex exercises (Power Clean, Clean and Jerk) but there is no room. I need a garage.
best thing I ever did was out together a garage gym lol
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #77
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
Legs day with brother.

5min treadmill

Deadlift: 12x95, 12x135, 10x155, 10x175
Front Squat: 12x95, 10x135, 10x155
Back Squat: 10x135, 10x155,10x175
Calf Raises 3 sets of ?

12 Min Bike gear 10

What do you think of the dead lift/ front squat/ back squat combo. If I get into lifting heavier again is this a good setup or too much of the same? I'm looking for a balanced leg/lower back day.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #78
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 View Post
Legs day with brother.

5min treadmill

Deadlift: 12x95, 12x135, 10x155, 10x175
Front Squat: 12x95, 10x135, 10x155
Back Squat: 10x135, 10x155,10x175
Calf Raises 3 sets of ?

12 Min Bike gear 10

What do you think of the dead lift/ front squat/ back squat combo. If I get into lifting heavier again is this a good setup or too much of the same? I'm looking for a balanced leg/lower back day.
I would squat twice a week and dead once and make them on separate days. Especially if your back and front squatting. Mon and thur I squat and dead on Friday. I've toyed with the idea of back squatting on Monday and front squatting Thurs but I'll see where this takes me. I may do both on thurs. undecided now.

Last edited by DylloS; 08-30-2012 at 01:11 AM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #79
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
5 min Treadmill

Front Squat: 12x45, 12x95, 8x135, 8x135

Back Squat: 8x135, 8x155, 8x185, 8x195. numbers are slowly improving.

Chest Press w/ dumbells: 12x50, 12x60, 8x60. Still a looong way from the 90's I was doing

Incline Chest press dumbell: 10x45, 8x45, 8x30

Shoulder Raise (Machine) : 3 sets x 12 (not sure of weight)

Tricep Dips : 10-10-10

Exercise Bike 12 mins gear 10. Was pouring sweat from my weekend binge.

Progress is very slow. I think I will get stronger soon after I get into all my sports next week and am exercising closer to 7 times a week counting everything. Just hoping my knee will hold up. Also, I'm not eating as well as I should for many meals
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #80
Hockeyman17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Moody, B.C. Canada
Posts: 128
My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
I'm also looking for a variable leg exercise to mix it up. The exercises I currently do are front/back squat, dead lift, weighted lunges, calf raises, exercise bike.
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use