E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
hoang031

My Ride: 01 325i
Dynavin Clone Review

unboxing video

closeup shot of the dynavin clone

finished install video

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Detailed review

Review of usb/movie/backup-camera-feature/navi-music

some interesting things you should know:
1. iGo8 (on microsd) is set to port 1 but needs to be set to port 2 for gps to work properly. It doesn't save when you switch it but if you take the microsd and plug it into a computer, go find the gps settings file and change port=1 to port=2, it'll work
2. headunit will resume from where you left off. If you had radio on, itll turn radio back on. If you have ipod on, it'll turn ipod back on. Ipod will resume from where you last played.
3. LEDs that lightup the buttons are always turned on. They are not dependent on the headlight switch.
4. When using the iGo8 software, set the gps to port 2 (it's set to port 1) so you can start using it.
5. When synced with bluetooth, you can control your phone's pandora and music app. Your address book will sync.
6.Music is displayed song,artist,album. Displays 6 songs in playlist at a time, scrolling down thru the playlist is super fast.
7. You need to unscrew 2 screws located on the top of the unit to allow cds to enter into the cddrive. The screws are there to prevent anything from entering the drive before purchase.

Backup camera review

Ebay buyer/listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/280821986752...84.m1439.l2649

Be very careful when buying your camera, there are 4 different types you could buy and they are:
1. sedan 2 wire
2. sedan 3 wire
3. coupe 2 wire
4. coupe 3 wire

I bought the sedan 3 wire- 1 power wire for license plate light, 1 power wire for backup camera and 1 video feed wire for backup camera.

If you have a sedan, I would recommend 2. If you have a coupe, I would recommend 4. Wiring is much easier and functionality is exactly as it should be i.e. license plate light turns on when you have your night lights on and backup camera turns on when you put it in reverse gear.

Easier way to wire backup camera-no need to splice to rear reverse lights

Reverse camera mount and wiring complete, pictures below.

Trunk without trunk lip

Trunk lip removed.

Removed right license plate light and housing

Hotglued the camera onto the back. Housing requires you to cut the back of the trunk lip license plate light housing since there's not enough room but I found that hot gluing it in place is adequate for mounting. Make sure you get a lot in the back but not enough that it comes out the front so it has a stock look.

Wiring is as follows for license plate light
power to gray/brown and negative to both brown/red and gray/yellow.

Hooking up everything for testing. I highly recommend you putting an in-line fuse on the ground when you ground it to the chassis. I probably will ground it to the trunk chassis exactly where I have it now after I route my wires through the grommel/tube on the rightside

yellow led matches my yellow light on the left side

The parking lot I was in is on a hill so it's curved, fyi.

A lot of you are wondering if you can easily modify the LED illuminations that are constantly turned on to be turned on only when you have the headlights turned on. I've found that you CANNOT do it.

Wire 13 (orange) is the illu., it goes from the e46 connector to the canbus control. When I removed the canbus control, the LEDs were still on. When I cut the orange wire, the LED was still on. I believe the LEDs are wired to the main dynavin clone accessory power and cannot be modified unless you open up the unit. Hope that clears up everything.

Last edited by hoang031; 03-24-2012 at 06:01 PM.
hoang031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Hoang, thanks for everything. Maybe you should just add that it is WinCE version (Enco-B146).
Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
polishracing95

My Ride: 2000 323
i have been wondering if it has source out for a sub? and what is the site you ordered from?
Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
rellik

My Ride: is too slow...
Hoang.....Nice work. You say that you bought it from a Hong Kong reseller (rather than direct from manufacturer). What did you discover for purchase options? Reseller the best IYO?
Sport, Cold Weather and Premium Packages * Dinan TCAI * Dinan Stage II engine software * Dinan performance tranny software * UUC TSE3 * ///M3 Steering wheel * ///M3 lip spoiler * UUC Slotted Front Rotors * Powerflex FCAB's * KONI FSD's * UUC StrutBarbarian * 35% tint * OEM (ULO) clears * 5000k bulbs * NGK Iridiums * Stewart WP * Delmarco's Bluetooth retrofit * LED Angel Eyes * 3K HID Fogs * USA Spec
rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
hoang031

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishracing95 View Post
i have been wondering if it has source out for a sub? and what is the site you ordered from?
It does have a sub out rca. I got it on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellik View Post
Hoang.....Nice work. You say that you bought it from a Hong Kong reseller (rather than direct from manufacturer). What did you discover for purchase options? Reseller the best IYO?
He ships dhl it from hong kong to Penn, USA in 5 days (including weekends). Very responsive. I found that there are different wince versions of the gui. The most simplistic and nicest looking gui is that one that he's selling.

link is here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/290594709860...84.m1439.l2649

Last edited by hoang031; 02-17-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
rellik

My Ride: is too slow...
Thanks again hoang. I thought I read that it (clone) has the OBC also like the Dynavin. Can you confirm and if so, how is it?
Sport, Cold Weather and Premium Packages * Dinan TCAI * Dinan Stage II engine software * Dinan performance tranny software * UUC TSE3 * ///M3 Steering wheel * ///M3 lip spoiler * UUC Slotted Front Rotors * Powerflex FCAB's * KONI FSD's * UUC StrutBarbarian * 35% tint * OEM (ULO) clears * 5000k bulbs * NGK Iridiums * Stewart WP * Delmarco's Bluetooth retrofit * LED Angel Eyes * 3K HID Fogs * USA Spec
rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
hoang031

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellik View Post
Thanks again hoang. I thought I read that it (clone) has the OBC also like the Dynavin. Can you confirm and if so, how is it?
I don't think it has OBC or ODB.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
COM398
Account Under Review

My Ride: BMW E46
Szenco conntact page add on that

These model link:
http://www.szenco.com/page-8-85.html
http://www.szenco.com/page-8-87.html
http://www.szenco.com/contact.html
COM398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

My Ride: M3 bmw e46
why said that's Dynavin Clone version?
I ordered several units from their website: http://www.szenco.com/
I don't think that is copy of dyn units even button and slots are differents little.
bmwomgdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
Welke

My Ride: 2002 330ci
So the mic on the unit works? When i asked jolly she stated that i would have to buy a mic for the device because it didnt come with one.
Welke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
hoang031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welke View Post
So the mic on the unit works? When i asked jolly she stated that i would have to buy a mic for the device because it didnt come with one.
Mine doesn't have an external mic port, only the internal mic located on the bottom left.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
mattrc51

My Ride: ///M3
The 4X50W maximum power output scare me. Would it work with the Harman Kardon package?
mattrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #13
Welke

My Ride: 2002 330ci
So is yours a different unit than the one from the site on the non eBay link above?
Welke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #14
bmwomgdj
Account Under Review

My Ride: M3 bmw e46
Support Harmon Kardon Premium sound system ???
bmwomgdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #15
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrc51 View Post
The 4X50W maximum power output scare me. Would it work with the Harman Kardon package?
TBH, on the official page it says that it is 4*60W: http://www.szenco.com/page-8-85.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoang031 View Post
Mine doesn't have an external mic port, only the internal mic located on the bottom left.
Can someone confirm that the built-in mic works/doesn't work OK? wrayclark91 complained that it doesn't work well, but also said that it might be due to settings...
Old 02-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #16
hoang031

I just made a call with the internal mic and they said it was like talking regularly on the phone. The over-the-air (ota) mic seemed to work really well. I just took a leap and bought a backup camera/license plate light for 29usd+free s/h. Hopefully I can get it installed by the end of the month. I plan on routing the ipod/auxin/usb/backup camera wiring through the center console tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #17
hoang031

The unit will come with 2 screws at the top of the unit. You need to remove these with a philips so that the CD can go into the CDplayer. The screws are there to prevent things from going in before they're shipped off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 02-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #18
hoang031

ebay seller is this guy if anyone wants.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290594709860...84.m1439.l2649

FYI: the automatic turn-on backup camera function wire is cut when you get it. If you want to install a backup camera, you need to splice the 2 pink wires coming from the headunit to the canbus. This will enable the auto turn-on camera whenever you place your car into reverse gear. All functions are disabled and music is muted when you are in reverse. I do believe you can have the music turned on if you enable that in settings. But for the time being all the buttons are disabled when you go into reverse.

Last edited by hoang031; 02-18-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #19
tko200

My Ride: 01, 325i
Does this thing comes with a manual
tko200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
hoang031

an operations manual but no install manual. Install is pretty straight forward.