E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #201
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
:lol: it will live forever,

Sent from my VM670 using Bimmer App

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #202
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
In the arms of the angels!!!
ChrisRedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #203
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRedmon View Post
In the arms of the angels!!!
I always change the channel
Old 06-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #204
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
This thread needs to continue. It's like a soap opera or a train wreck that you can't help but look at.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #205
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDRick323 View Post
:lol: it will live forever,

Just kill this woman, bury her in the back yard, keep the kid, and buy a fleshlight. All problems solved.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #206
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Just kill this woman, bury her in the back yard, keep the kid, and buy a fleshlight. All problems solved.
I don't think that even the fleshlight will respect him once it reads this thread
Old 06-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #207
1TEXM3

My Ride: Gremlin
derailed!!! ugh.........
1TEXM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #208
Wes

Bump. Time for an update!

Is OP's wife still a prostitute?
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #209
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

Shes about to go into naca training and potentially take a job with animal control. We'll see.

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #210
SLVR JDM

I thought she already had a job wrestling trouser snakes.

** Removed **
Old 06-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #211
Wes

Old 06-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #212
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDRick323 View Post
Shes about to go into naca training and potentially take a job with animal control. We'll see.

What's your plan? Sit around and wait for it to really fall apart?

Jokes aside; I have a bad feeling you're setting yourself up for one explosive event and you're going to do something REALLY stupid.

You seem to really care about her. This may seem counter-intuitive; but that's even more of a reason to get the hell out now.

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #213
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post
What's your plan? Sit around and wait for it to really fall apart?

Jokes aside; I have a bad feeling you're setting yourself up for one explosive event and you're going to do something REALLY stupid.

You seem to really care about her. This may seem counter-intuitive; but that's even more of a reason to get the hell out now.
Everybody has tried to help OP see the light, but he is beyond help.

Really, I'm just waiting for the big event (like you mentioned). Maybe OP will snap and go on a shooting rampage
Old 06-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #214
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

It's worth subscribing for right

Old 06-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #215
SLVR JDM

You hate to see someone get burned as bad as you are, but to stick around and continue to take it is sheer entertainment.

** Removed **
Old 06-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #216
NOVAbimmer

four months of advice and OP is still doing the same thing hoping things will get better
Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #217
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
Thought the OP could get some real perspective from this if he takes it to heart.
---------------------------------
Cited from the Toronto Love Doctor's Web Site....

"When you are dealing with someone who is self-destructing, it's hard not to be sucked into the toxic interaction that is typical of this attraction.

And what do I mean by typical of this attraction?

The self-destructing person is attracted to you because you have that "strength" that the self-destructing person feels he or she does not have. Sub-consciously the self-destructing person feels that he or she needs you in his or her life to "stay alive" or make "sense" of their own pain.

You on the other hand, are attracted to something about the self-destructing person that you feel you lack in yourself. It may be his or her aloof and emotionally detached persona or his or her charisma and "life is good" attitude or something that you find so compelling about him or her. It does not mean you are "blind" to his or her other faults, it's just that you see this wonderful person self-destructing and in some way you feel responsible for "saving" him or her and may even think that's the reason you were brought into his or her life. But the more you try to be the "saviour" or help him or her "see sense" the more your own "issues" show up.

And here is the real irony. When the person starts to get better, the dynamics of the attraction begin to change because you are no longer the "saviour" figure or the "sense" in their lives. Some recovering self-destructing people transfer that "saviour" figure or the "sense" in their lives to their therapist, counsellor or coach (especially if the therapist, counsellor or coach doesn't recognize what's happening and stops it). Others who are doing a better job at recovery start to redefine who they are and what they want. This is the point at which they begin to question their attraction to you, and if you are what they really want.

For some people they realize they really are not that attracted to you any more. Others feel the relationship does not excite or fulfill them any more and others just think they can do better. So what do they do? Dump you.

Others see things about you they still find very attractive (and may even feel some sort of gratitude debt) but they struggle with redefining how the recovering, recovered or "new" them now relates to you. Most people go back and forth between being strongly pulled towards you and pulling away because they are trying to figure what those feelings mean, how strong they are, if they want to act on them, and if they do, how they will go about it.

Some pull away with "no contact", others keep the contact but act aloof and detached, and some others date other people, others just do what they want and don't seem to care that your feelings are being hurt by their actions.

This is where it gets even more ironic - and toxic. Their pulling away and not seeming to care about you or how their actions affect you can get you all worked up emotionally and start acting in a self-destructing manner yourself.

The better he or she gets, the more insecure you feel (and with good reason as I shall explain in the next paragraphs). His or her getting better was all you wanted in the first place, but now that same thing you wanted is your greatest fear. So instead of feeling pleased now that he or she is finally "coming to his/her senses", you feel threatened and start to sabotage his or her efforts at getting better and being capable of a healthy relationship. Talk about irony.

You find yourself really pissed of because you now feel rejected (and worthless to them). You should have dumped their ass when they were doing all those self-destructing things but no, you stuck by them and this is how you are rewarded!

One moment you feel strongly attracted to him and the next you feel like you can't take it anymore. Some people even toy with the idea of revenge because they are just so pissed off.

But what more can you do if you still have feelings for him or her?

DO NOTHING.

That may not be the answer you hoped to hear from me especially for many of us brought up to think that you must always "do something" to get anything from anyone. The notion that sometimes "doing nothing" can get you exactly what you want and really long for is like saying the sky is brown and the grass is red.

Trying to "do something" that interferes with their recovery is the last thing someone recovering from self-destructive behaviour needs in his or her life is. If they feel that you are trying to draw them back into a toxic relationship, they'll move even further away -- and tell you that they don't want you in their lives ever again.

So, DO NOTHING.

When you find yourself in this place, there is not much you can do except trust that if the attraction between the two of you was strong enough, he or she'll find his or her way back to you.

Problem is, if you have not dealt with your own "issues" and the anger that may be accumulating (because "this is all so unfair") you will start to seriously self-destruct all on your own. For example, you sabotage his or her efforts to initiate and re-establish contact by not responding to his or her emails or texts because you want to play hard to get or are following some silly "no contact" rule. Or you lose some weight, get really toned up, get all dressed up, go out with him or her on a date just to act aloof and detached because you think it'll make you more attractive. Or some really stupid "cut off your nose to spite your face" behaviour.

Now who is self-destructing and toxic?"
Old 07-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #218
1TEXM3

My Ride: Gremlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
four months of advice and OP is still doing the same thing hoping things will get better
at which point, i would add, throw us some new pics of her
1TEXM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #219
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TEXM3 View Post
at which point, i would add, throw us some newde pics of her
ficksed
Old 07-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #220
Wes

OPs wife already shows her bearded clam to everybody at the club. He should throw some pics our way!