E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

View Poll Results: What color to wrap my car in?
Matte Black 8 16.67%
Matte Orange 32 66.67%
Matte Lime Green 8 16.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #21
Gheybe

My Ride: F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtechthis View Post
So many haters on these forums!! I'm just trying to do something different with the car. I don't think a vinyl wrap done correctly is ricey! I'm not a 18yr old boy racer, I'm actually a BMW master technician.
Do a nice shade of lambo gray. Or something?
Old 02-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #22
EzTwitch

My Ride: 2002 325i
How much did it cost to wrap your car? Already had in mind to do gloss black for the roof, and getting new bumpers front and rear.
EzTwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #23
Goondaddy

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Is your car the white one? If so, leave it. Nothing more fresh than an alpine e46. Stop being an attention ***** with the horrible, gaudy colours/finishes.
Goondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #24
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
OP,

Honestly, I was impressed with the black matte I saw done here...but, you know, your orange and lime are really lambo type colors...I won't say you're posing by picking either, but you are sort of flaunting something that's not there in a 330. Even if it's SCd or turbo'd, since that's not apparent from just looking at the car, I personally, would think it's kind of silly if I saw that and it wasn't at least an M...and even then, I'd think...there's a guy that wants to get noticed. Then I'd wonder why.

Oh, I'm not really a d!ck...just 55, saying what I think...which is old man type of thinking. But as you asked and I try to be helpful, I'm telling you what I think.

I know you said no haters, and you're doing it anyway, but this is Fanatics, so I sort of take license to ignore what people ask for pretty often here.

Search for that black matte thread...though at that point, might as well save your money and time and just keep it white...maybe spend that money elsewhere...winter tires, CF roof, a nice 6 cd changer, a nice dinner with your gf?

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set Skip to 1:30
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #25
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
OP,

Honestly, I was impressed with the black matte I saw done here...but, you know, your orange and lime are really lambo type colors...I won't say you're posing by picking either, but you are sort of flaunting something that's not there in a 330. Even if it's SCd or turbo'd, since that's not apparent from just looking at the car, I personally, would think it's kind of silly if I saw that and it wasn't at least an M...and even then, I'd think...there's a guy that wants to get noticed. Then I'd wonder why.

Oh, I'm not really a d!ck...just 55, saying what I think...which is old man type of thinking. But as you asked and I try to be helpful, I'm telling you what I think.

I know you said no haters, and you're doing it anyway, but this is Fanatics, so I sort of take license to ignore what people ask for pretty often here.

Search for that black matte thread...though at that point, might as well save your money and time and just keep it white...maybe spend that money elsewhere...winter tires, CF roof, a nice 6 cd changer, a nice dinner with your gf?
lol

I'm not 55, so I must just be a d!ck... but I agree with Doug. If you're going to scream "look at me", you'd better have something worth looking at.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
HiHoBrian

My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
lol

I'm not 55, so I must just be a d!ck... but I agree with Doug. If you're going to scream "look at me", you'd better have something worth looking at.
We will all look at it. Weather it is worth it or not. Actually I can't wait to see it. Whatever color it is,still I'm going to look. I Hope it will be orange,then everyone will freak out. Subscribing for updates.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #27
Kevin03

My Ride: 2003 325i
I like flat black look myself. Saw an m3 with a v8 twin turbo stuffed in it at a car show last year. Had a 6 series trunk on it which didn't fit though. I would rather fly under the radar then announce any short comings to the world. You should also consider small penis yellow on your list as my wife's coworker calls it.

Last edited by Kevin03; 02-26-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Kevin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #28
vtechthis

My Ride: 02' 330CI
Yes my car is the white one, Thanks to all for your input! Yes I'm aware my car is not an M3 or an Exotic. It is just a supercharged 330Ci but I am a very outgoing/loud person and feel that it would suite my personality well.
vtechthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #29
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Flat white!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #30
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
Matte white. Im going with matte silver eventually. I love vinyl wraps. Makes the car look new and its easy to keep clean.

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #31
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
I think if youre going to do this there's only one color which will be on the rare side, appeal to the chicks, and show that your a real man (you know, in touch with your feminine side)
do it bro... it will be sick!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vinalwrap.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	439170  
Old 02-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #32
E4(door)6

My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
Flat white!
cocaine white
E4(door)6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #33
gueste46
Banned User

My issue is not whether you should wrap your car in any of those colours. I believe, it's your car, do with it as you will if it gives you pleasure.

My issue is that you give a flying fvck what we all think about what colour you should wrap it in. Go with what you like, or what your wife likes. Pay not the slightest notice about what we all like.

Who you trying to please anyway?
gueste46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #34
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
My issue is not whether you should wrap your car in any of those colours. I believe, it's your car, do with it as you will if it gives you pleasure.

My issue is that you give a flying fvck what we all think about what colour you should wrap it in. Go with what you like, or what your wife likes. Pay not the slightest notice about what we all like.

Who you trying to please anyway?
perfect! I do my mods and THEN post them if I feel like it, but I dont ask what should I do? BTW... I think you should skip the soda and go with water and a salad for lunch tomorrow; and wear slacks, no jeans this week. Black slacks that is. Good.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #35
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
I've always been a big fan of that frozen-black color. Do black! Orange is too loud, and lime-green is even louder.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #36
beeemerdude
Banned User

My Ride: Cabrio. Stick.
dumb thread is dumb

no vote option for: OP dumb
beeemerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #37
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Matte green with pink wheels for ultimate trollmobile

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #38
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
orange
Old 02-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #39
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
Matte green with pink wheels for ultimate trollmobile
You know, I'm right here! Say that to my face if you're ever in NJ, buddy!

Okay, I know my car isn't flat green, but I know you were talking about my car...and I don't know why you didn't mention my green tires (flat green)

Anyway, since you mentioned it, do you think if I sand my clear with 1500 grit, I could get an even looking matte finish?

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set Skip to 1:30
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #40
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
Then you should know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtechthis View Post
So many haters on these forums!! I'm just trying to do something different with the car. I don't think a vinyl wrap done correctly is ricey! I'm not a 18yr old boy racer, I'm actually a BMW master technician.
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, matte, paint, vinyl, wrap