E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
rbrthh

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Maybe this has happened to you.

I've looked around and can't find any real answers on this, maybe someone here can help me out. OK here are my problems about once a day ill get a puff of blueish smoke at startup. During a heavy rain storm, well its hard to explain but when I try to accelerate the MPG gauge will shoot to past 12 the rpms will start to drop and then the car sounds like its misfiring and my eml light will come on. If I turn off the engine and start it again it idels fine, and under very slow acceleration will work. Once the car and roads dry up it will work fine. And finally when I'm out of gear with the clutch either depressed or engaged and Rev the engine to anywhere between 1000 to 3000 RPM it will fluctuate about 500 RPM. For example if I Rev to 1500 and hold my foot steady it will fluctuate between 1000 to 1500.

I have a 2002 330ci with an ASA supercharger, reprogrammed ecu, and the air intake is mounted behind the bumper on the left side. I'm pretty sure my problem in the rain is due to the location of the air intake I'm gonna build a box this weekend in the hopes it fixes the problem, but the smoke and fluctuating revs are kind of leaving me scratching my head. My service engine soon light isn't on I've recently had the car looked at at BMW and they ran the car for codes came back that cylinder number 4 had a bad coil but that was it. Please help if you can I love this car and want to fix it right.

Let me know if you need any other info and ill do what I can to get it for you.
rbrthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
eric_waltrip

My Ride: 2000 blk 323ci 5spd
Fuel pump and fuel filter?? Mine did that barely made it home
I road in my buddies with 350hp and he switched highways at wot scared tge piss out of me felt as fast other bodies 500hp supra awesome car they are rare hopefully they will bring them back rx8s r ok but I don't like tge rear doors and odd shape and lackbof turbos
eric_waltrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
rbrthh

My Ride: 2002 330ci
got the shop to run it for codes they said the fuel pump is fine and the filter doesn't appear to be clogged. oh and it was another down poor today and the same issues came up. i think i'm sucking in some water and causing the MAF to have a heart attack.
rbrthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
joshzhp

My Ride: ZHP--Stock
Check your air filter....I think you find some oil there...compression check will be the next step.
joshzhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:43 AM   #5
drumbum624

My Ride: 325xi
Send a message via AIM to drumbum624
Did this ever get resolved?
Sorry to bring back an old thread