Just went through a breakup - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2017, 11:13 AM   #1
E46_Fanatik

My Ride: 01 3-Series
Just went through a breakup

So, I've come here to try and distract myself and maybe have someone shed some light on my situation.

Last night, my girlfriend broke up with me. We had been dating for nearly four years (April 29th would be the start of the fourth year). She recently fell down the stairs in August, thus tearing 3 of the 4 tendons in her ankle, and my family offered to let her stay at my home while she recovered. She was expected to be completely healed by the end of six months (Surgery was on Jan. 5). About two weeks ago, she was told that she could start walking in her boot and at the end of two weeks, she would have an ankle brace and would be able to walk and drive. I had sold my car and she was letting me use her car as temporary transportation while she was recovering. So since she was supposed to be good to be walking and driving while wearing the ankle brace (last Tuesday I believe), she had one more physical therapy appt. to go to on Thursday and she had made the decision that she was going to pack all of her stuff up and leave on Thursday night and she wanted to take a day for herself on Friday. (She hadn't had a day to herself since before the surgery and it was driving her nuts). I though of this as her just wanting her own space and getting to rest and enjoy the quiet. It turned out that she had taken the day to think about her future with me (or so I assume) and I went to pick her up for a date night last night (Saturday), she was not ready when I came to the door and once we were in the car, she said let's just go to Chick Fil A. I should have realized at that point that something was wrong, but I continued to Chick Fil A before finally asking "Do you want to go to a movie? I thought we were doing date night" and she said it was too late, it was after 8:00 at night. So we just went ahead and ate our dinner and I proceeded to head to my home so that I could be at my house and she would have her car back, and as I waited for her to come around the back of the car, I was going to tell her goodnight and give her a hug and she interrupted me with "I'm just going to be honest, I want to break up. I am not happy." She told me that we could still talk if I wanted to, and I just told her that I'd leave her alone because she doesn't want anything to do with me.

I have just been sitting here all this morning (Sunday) refreshing FaceBook and she has not changed our relationship status yet, but she keeps appearing as online, and I'm really just sitting here waiting to see what happens. I feel like she is being stupid to toss all of what we had down the drain, not saying that everything was butterflies and rainbows but it could have been a lot worse. Am I just overthinking all of this? What can I do to block out my mind? I am 24 years old and got very comfortable with my life during my time with her. Meaning that I have gained weight, hadn't really taken extremely good care of myself, and now I'm just here alone with nobody to talk to.

Any ideas of what I should do, or how I can block out all of these terrible thoughts?
E46_Fanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
Go take care of yourself.

You are number 1 priority,

Go outside do anything.. Idk I'm in same boat. Now that you realize you haven't been taking care of yourself, focus on yourself again. Stop refreshing Facebook. You're still young and this day is barely over

WTB:: Natural Brown Sedan Full Interior
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:05 PM   #3
E46_Fanatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tks View Post
Go take care of yourself.

You are number 1 priority,

Go outside do anything.. Idk I'm in same boat. Now that you realize you haven't been taking care of yourself, focus on yourself again. Stop refreshing Facebook. You're still young and this day is barely over
Thank you for that.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #4
delgadilloalex

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
24 years old?
Dude go find a new girl. Hotter and better then ever take what you learned from this relationship
With you. So don't worry
This will pass.
I'm married with children. Don't rush into it.
I see dudes ugly, fat, lame, etc (not saying thats you) with hot chick's.
There are lots of girls. You will hurt for a bit espesialy when you're alone. So call your pals and become a shark once again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using E46Fanatics mobile app
delgadilloalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:59 PM   #5
E46_Fanatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadilloalex View Post
24 years old?
Dude go find a new girl. Hotter and better then ever take what you learned from this relationship
With you. So don't worry
This will pass.
I'm married with children. Don't rush into it.
I see dudes ugly, fat, lame, etc (not saying thats you) with hot chick's.
There are lots of girls. You will hurt for a bit espesialy when you're alone. So call your pals and become a shark once again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using E46Fanatics mobile app
I'm not extremely overweight, but in the time I was dating her, I believe I went from 135lbs. to probably close to 220lbs. I could stand to lose my gut and I definitely would like to find a cute playful girl. The question will just be where do I find one...

Thanks Alex_nr_
Old 03-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #6
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Tinder/POF/Clover/OKCupid is your friend right now..Well maybe not POF
Get started now!!! You are stronger than you think you are!!
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:03 PM   #7
zapsix

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP
Go purchase an e46! She will take your money, but she will treat you well! Haha!
You're too young to be cuffed up and be depressed over a girl, man! Cheer up and love yourself! Best wishes!

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
zapsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #8
E46_Fanatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by makecopies View Post
Tinder/POF/Clover/OKCupid is your friend right now..Well maybe not POF
Get started now!!! You are stronger than you think you are!!
Been browsing Tinder, didn't know of the other ones though, thanks!
Old 03-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #9
E46_Fanatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapsix View Post
Go purchase an e46! She will take your money, but she will treat you well! Haha!
You're too young to be cuffed up and be depressed over a girl, man! Cheer up and love yourself! Best wishes!

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Trying to get myself an E46 M
Old 03-22-2017, 12:15 AM   #10
motorhead55

My Ride: 01 325it 5spd sport
I went through what you are but it was 40 years ago. I had been with my girlfriend about 5 years and I told her I needed some time to myself. I was 24 also. I was okay with the decision I had made for about 3 weeks then I realized what I had lost. The more I tried to get back together, the more she rebelled. I finally was getting over her because I stopped bugging her. About 6 months had past and I was getting ready to go to my new job at UPS and my phone rang. I picked up and her first words were, "Don't hang up, I want to talk to you". I told her that I was not going to be hurt again. I had moved about 225 miles away and she asked me if I could come to LA and see her and talk. I did go that weekend and we talked a bunch about what we wanted in life and from each other. That October 22, 1977, we were married. This October 22, 2017, we celebrate 40 years married. It hasn't always been "peaches and cream" but we work things out, give a little take a little and look at the big picture of things. There have been times when I could have walked and there were times when she could have walked BUT sometimes one of you has to give that extra "inch", swallow your pride and say, "I'm Sorry for what happened".
You need to give it some time and if it is right, it will be right. Lose some weight... Make yourself and keep yourself attractive to her and keep things interesting by humor, flowers when there is no special occasion and don't take things for granted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	141.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	652085  

Last edited by motorhead55; 03-22-2017 at 12:24 AM.
motorhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:35 AM   #11
jhstealth

My Ride: 323is,740i(S),gt86
Get bumble. Girls are hotter.