E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
peleke4

My Ride: 2003 bmw 330ci
Am I unreasonable for not offering to drive my girlfriend to the airport?

My girlfriend will be out of the country for a couple of months. The airport is about an hour and a half drive away from her place. She talked about getting a shuttle service to get to the airport; she then talked about leaving her car at her friend's place for the duration of her trip. I just listened and didn't say anything else. She didn't straight up ask me for a ride to the airport, but I'm under the impression she wanted me to. She has been giving me the cold shoulder since this talk. Am I unreasonable for not offering to drive and pick her up at the airport? Or maybe she's unreasonable that she expects me to drive? What do you think?
peleke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl, no roof
How long have you been together and is it serious?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #3
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: Not a Porsche GT3!
Yes, I think you're being unreasonable if you consider her a serious girlfriend/significant other. It just comes across inconsiderate in a mature relationship.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 08-06-2015 at 08:40 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:20 PM   #4
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Yes, you should have offered to drive her, assuming you're not in surgery that day and that you have a driver's license.

If she leaves the country mad at you, you can pretty much expect her to bang everything that moves while overseas.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:13 PM   #5
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
You didn't want to say goodbye at the airport? I think that's more what she wanted...
Old 08-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #6
peleke4

My Ride: 2003 bmw 330ci
Yes, thanks for the replies. We've been together for almost two years now by the way. I looked into this and realized it's best to drive her; she does deserve it. That was the selfishness part of me.
peleke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by peleke4 View Post
Yes, thanks for the replies. We've been together for almost two years now by the way. I looked into this and realized it's best to drive her; she does deserve it. That was the selfishness part of me.
Then you sir, were being an as$hole.

Glad you recognize that.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #8
dabears

where is she going for "a couple of months" out of the country? I'd be more concerned about that
Old 08-07-2015, 03:27 PM   #9
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
where is she going for "a couple of months" out of the country? I'd be more concerned about that

Why does that make you concerned?

If be like "fvck yeah! Bachelor time!"
Old 08-07-2015, 03:30 PM   #10
dabears

because theres like 99.9% chance shes gonna bang at least one dude. distance & time + foreign guys = inevitable.

bachelor time indeed... either he breaks up with her, or he turns a blind eye and continues the relationship when he gets back.

doesn't sound like this is the healthiest relationship either if the dude can't figure out he should drop his gf off at the airport to say goodbye before she leaves him for a few months...
Old 08-07-2015, 04:03 PM   #11
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
because theres like 99.9% chance shes gonna bang at least one dude. distance & time + foreign guys = inevitable.

bachelor time indeed... either he breaks up with her, or he turns a blind eye and continues the relationship when he gets back.

doesn't sound like this is the healthiest relationship either if the dude can't figure out he should drop his gf off at the airport to say goodbye before she leaves him for a few months...

You're so jaded. Your opinions don't reflect the reality of a healthy relationship, though.

I would agree though, that OP is potentially rather dumb.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #12
dabears

believe what you want dude. I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions since I'm missing a ton of info, but even the original question is enough for me to assume.

its called seduction for a reason.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #13
SamDoe1

Quote:

Disagree with first two, agree with last one.

Just because she's gone for a few months does not mean she's going to head out there and bang a few dudes just for fun. If the relationship is meaningful to her, she'll likely keep her legs closed.

Last part is absolutely true...
Old 08-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #14
SamDoe1

Quote:
believe what you want dude. I probably shouldn't jump to conclusions since I'm missing a ton of info, but even the original question is enough for me to assume.

its called seduction for a reason.
There's this thing called willpower also.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #15
DNTHATE

Guys letting his girlfriend go to a foreign land and he isn't planning to drive her to the airport and send her off and then pick her up when she returns to welcome her home?

Real smooth man, real smooth.
DNTHATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:41 PM   #16
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: Not a Porsche GT3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
You're so jaded. Your opinions don't reflect the reality of a healthy relationship, though.

I would agree though, that OP is potentially rather dumb.

I can understand his position though, and while there are people in some relationships capable of withstanding such a situation, there are many who aren't. There is a certain allure to the international travel thing. I wouldn't call myself jaded, but I would label myself realistic (...depending on where she is going and what she'll be doing). With that said, I'm glad you came around OP. She'll appreciate the gesture. Sending her off with negative feelings would've likely not worked out in your favor.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #17
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
Tell her being in a healthy relationship is all about communication. She can't be mad at you if she doesn't ask for your help. Tell her you are not Mr. Cleo, you don't read minds. She needs to stop playing mind games and grow the fcuk up. If she still gets mad at you then leave her a55.
MorganFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #18
allikanbe

My Ride: 2006 330Ci Convertib
airport could have been in Wash DC. then forget it. get a cab.
allikanbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #19
Foxtrot_Uniform

My Ride: 325Xi
OP is a douche... His "girlfriend" will bang several swarthy men while on her trip. Apparently everyone realizes that except him! Especially after the cold send off...

You didn't like her much anyway I suspect. I think you are ready to move on to a Dollar Store Asst. Manager or something else about that speed. Good luck!

Last edited by Foxtrot_Uniform; 08-09-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Foxtrot_Uniform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:42 AM   #20
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Go meet a woman who works at a liquor store. Don't officially start dating, but show some interest. She'll soon call you at 3:00 a.m. crying her eyes out because she can't find her TV remote.

Last edited by SPDSKTR; 08-10-2015 at 07:43 AM.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote