E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #2221
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
The using girls as subjects, because I know they're mad that it didn't work out and always causes a few weeks worth of annoying texts etc.

Good at playing the field and relationships.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #2222
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
The using girls as subjects, because I know they're mad that it didn't work out and always causes a few weeks worth of annoying texts etc.

Good at playing the field and relationships.
ohh yea I agree. My gf always asked me where I learned to be such a good guy. To me it's common sense. Little things go a long way. Last night I went to dinner with my sister and her husband to a place me and steph like a lot. I got an appetizer she really likes and only ate half so I could bring her the rest. Apparently these types of things are against the grain for her. It's just common courtesy on my part. It's funny because sometimes I feel like I do too much and I'm a push over and right when I thought that she said "some of my friends asked me if you're a push over" I said what did you say? She says "nooooo way". I guess I do tell her no sometimes and wont let her get away with murder like she may be used to. I will never be that chump.

Last edited by DylloS; 07-19-2013 at 02:04 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #2223
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Don't be a chump, women love it when you assert your dominance. I snapped on my main prospect last weekend because I was already in a piss mood because of the long night of work, and she pissed me off by asking me to do something so she didn't have to. Two days later she showed up to my spot on Tuesdays to drink and set next to me. I wasn't planning to snap on her, it just happened because at that point anyone was about to get their head blown off.

However, doing nice things isn't weakness if you do it correctly. Like yourself.
__________________

Last edited by CollinsE90; 07-19-2013 at 02:19 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #2224
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,806
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
ohh yea I agree. My gf always asked me where I learned to be such a good guy. To me it's common sense. Little things go a long way. Last night I went to dinner with my sister and her husband to a place me and steph like a lot. I got an appetizer she really likes and only ate half so I could bring her the rest. Apparently these types of things are against the grain for her. It's just common courtesy on my part. It's funny because sometimes I feel like I do too much and I'm a push over and right when I thought that she said "some of my friends asked me if you're a push over" I said what did you say? She says "nooooo way". I guess I do tell her no sometimes and wont let her get away with murder like she may be used to. I will never be that chump.

We have a like-minded way of thinking man. Some things that I consider to be a matter of common courtesy don't seem to be that way for "exclusive girl". Maybe she was raised differently, or maybe she's guarding that side of her because of past experience with guys. Who knows!?? Sometimes I feel like I'm a tad too nice (..ex...she needs her brakes done on her newly acquired pre-owned Scion TC, and she asked me if I knew anybody who could do them for a reasonable price. I told her that I'd price the parts for her, and that I'd perform the labor. Well, I'll likely just buy the stuff for her instead of making her pay for it. I feel like I'm extending myself too much, but I know that she doesn't make much money and I don't want her to struggle to pay for her brakes - which are pretty bad - and I just feel like doing something nice for her), but my female acquaintances assure me that I'm not. Their perspective is that I'm dating this girl exclusively, so doing things for her shouldn't be viewed as over-extending myself or being "a chump".

I suppose that I assert my dominance when need be, but given the relatively short amount of time that we've been dating (...and the lack of any major issues up until this point), I haven't really had to man-up for any particular reason. I also understand that there is a boundary that we haven't crossed yet, so things that I might be vocal about in a titled "bf/gf" relationship I disregard at the moment.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-19-2013 at 02:37 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #2225
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Don't be a chump, women love it when you assert your dominance. I snapped on my main prospect last weekend because I was already in a piss mood because of the long night of work, and she pissed me off by asking me to do something so she didn't have to. Two days later she showed up to my spot on Tuesdays to drink and set next to me. I wasn't planning to snap on her, it just happened because at that point anyone was about to get their head blown off.

However, doing nice things isn't weakness if you do it correctly. Like yourself.
yea definitely. A lot of people are scared to be themselves. One of my best friends has no problem getting gf's, he just can't keep them. I told him he's not his funny carefree self around them. He's too careful.

What's your take on mushy text messages? I'm going to Boston this weekend with 8 of my guy friends to visit our buddy and she's like "ohh you're going to have so much fun I'm jealous I can't go to boston" so I figured to show her she's on my mind I can text her something while I'm there to let her know I'm having an awesome time but I'd rather be with her or something. To be honest it would be honest. I love being around her. I am such a ghey. If my friends saw this sh1t my life would be over hahahha

Last edited by DylloS; 07-19-2013 at 02:31 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #2226
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
We have a like-minded way of thinking man. Some things that I consider to be a matter of common courtesy don't seem to be that way for "exclusive girl". Maybe she was raised differently, or maybe she's guarding that side of her because of past experience with guys. Who knows!?? Sometimes I feel like I'm a tad too nice (..ex...she needs her brakes done on her newly acquired pre-owned Scion TC, and she asked me if I knew anybody who could do them for a reasonable price. I told her that I'd price the parts for her, and that I'd perform the labor. Well, I'll likely just buy the stuff for her instead of making her pay for it. I feel like I'm extending myself too much, but I know that she doesn't make much money and I don't want her to struggle to pay for her brakes - which are pretty bad - and I just feel like doing something nice for her), but my female acquaintances assure me that I'm not. Their perspective is that I'm dating this girl exclusively, so doing things for her shouldn't be viewed as over-extending myself or being "a chump".
We are exactly the same in this regard. I do way more "little things" for my gf than she does for me but she likes that I take care of her. It could be the way she was raised, or something to do with her ex's. I have no idea but sometimes I want a little more in return and I don't see it. Then it makes me think she doesn't care but I guess she does do enough to show me she is thinking about me and when I do bring things up that bother me she is quick to adjust and accept that I may be right. We were shopping in target the other day and while she's looking through clothes I'm playing around on my phone. She says why are you always on it. I said I'm on it when you're shopping because I have nothing else to do. 5 minutes later she apologizes for getting mad about it and said that is was pretty dumb to even say anything about it. I told her I have never met someone that admitted they were wrong like she does. It's very rare based on my experience.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #2227
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,806
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
yea definitely. A lot of people are scared to be themselves. One of my best friends has no problem getting gf's, he just can't keep them. I told him he's not his funny carefree self around them. He's too careful.

What's your take on mushy text messages? I'm going to Boston this weekend with 8 of my guy friends to visit our buddy and she's like "ohh you're going to have so much fun I'm jealous I can't go to boston" so I figured to show her she's on my mind I can text her something while I'm there to let her know I'm having an awesome time but I'd rather be with her or something. To be honest it would be honest. I love being around her. I am such a ghey. If my friends saw this sh1t my life would be over hahahha

Haha! Opposite scenario for me. My chick is going to Laughlin the first weekend in August with a few of her girl friends (..and one of the hubby's) for that big river tubing event that they hold every summer. I figured that she might extend an invite (..or that she would have, at least, asked me if I minded that she was going or......something!!! I know that I wouldn't just bounce for a weekend without discussing it with her; she kinda just mentioned it in passing........which irritated me) at some point, but it hasn't come yet, so I'll likely get into some 'ish that weekend.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-19-2013 at 02:46 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #2228
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Haha! Opposite scenario for me. My chick is going to Laughlin the first weekend in August with a few of her girl friends (..and one of the hubby's) for that big river tubing event that they hold every summer. I figured that she might extend an invite (..or that she would have, at least, asked me if I minded that she was going or......something!!!) at some point, but it hasn't come yet, so I'll likely get into some 'ish that weekend.
dude when I don't get invited to things or asked I get real analytical. I'm like wtf I ask her to do everything! Why isn't she asking me.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #2229
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,806
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
dude when I don't get invited to things or asked I get real analytical. I'm like wtf I ask her to do everything! Why isn't she asking me.
Yep! This situation is especially irritating to me because I've met these girls and the hubby (..she took me over there during one of their kid's birthday parties to introduce me........and, well....to get pizza and cake too). He even came to my new condo to install ceiling fans for me. Irritating, and it makes me want to just not invest so much and continue seeing other people sometimes. I want to be met halfway! She has her glimpses of brilliance, but I need more than glimpses.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-19-2013 at 02:50 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #2230
blazedxjan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 444
My Ride: 01 325ci
^ that drives me bananas, like they just want to get away from you for a while. If you do go out sir, make it seem like it was a random thing that popped up. DONT MENTION THAT YOU WENT OUT BECUASE SHE DID. Youll regret it (;
__________________


89' 240sx Coupe - Sold ): 98' 328is - RIP 91' Turbo MR2 - Sold 01' 325ci - Current
I like my Christmas hat; wanna fight about it?
blazedxjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #2231
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Yep! This situation is especially irritating to me because I've met these girls and the hubby (..she took me over there during one of their kid's birthday parties to introduce me........and, well....to get pizza and cake too). He even came to my new condo to install ceiling fans for me. Irritating, and it makes me want to just not invest so much and continue seeing other people sometimes. I want to be met halfway! She has her glimpses of brilliance, but I need more than glimpses.
totally get that man. Meeting good friends is a good sign though. At our ages we don't want to waste time. I want to settle down, get married, and have kids within the next 5-6 years. Probably earlier. My gf seems to have the same plan as me. Hopefully yours comes around. I chalk it up to it just being their personalities. My ex was very giving. I'd wake up to breakfast being cooked. This one is not like that. We lay in bed together until we need to get out lol. The ex was also an immature nagging b1tch so I know I'm better off lol.

Last edited by DylloS; 07-19-2013 at 02:57 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #2232
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,806
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
totally get that man. Meeting good friends is a good sign though. At our ages we don't want to waste time. I want to settle down, get married, and have kids within the next 5-6 years. Probably earlier. My gf seems to have the same plan as me. Hopefully yours comes around. I chalk it up to it just being their personalities. My ex was very giving. I'd wake up to breakfast being cooked. This one is not like that. We lay in bed together until we need to get out lol. The ex was also an immature nagging b1tch so I know I'm better off lol.
I'll probably give this one until the end of the summer to decide what she wants and how she wants to handle this relationship. If I don't get the feeling that she's coming around, I'm out......at least emotionally. I haven't completely severed contact with people yet (..and I would/will when I feel like I'm being met halfway), so it'll be relatively easy to bounce back into the game if I feel like she is stringing me along. I don't want a project. I want a partner.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-19-2013 at 03:06 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #2233
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,245
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I am such a ghey. If my friends saw this sh1t my life would be over hahahha
Screenshot and post on fb


[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #2234
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'll probably give this one until the end of the summer to decide what she wants and how she wants to handle this relationship. If I don't get the feeling that she's coming around, I'm out......at least emotionally. I haven't completely severed contact with people yet (..and I would/will when I feel like I'm being met halfway), so it'll be relatively easy to bounce back into the game if I feel like she is stringing me along. I don't want a project. I want a partner.
It's good that you're honest with yourself
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #2235
Breezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 151
My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Random Love Line postings

I'm glad I'm not the only guy who likes to see a girl I really like 3 times a week..for my relationships that failed I always wondered if maybe it was too much..


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #2236
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,245
My Ride: is totaled
If you like each other and it feels natural, who cares if it's once or five times a week
Just make it work
(Okay, 5 is probably a little too much unless if you are like students at the same school)



[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #2237
Breezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 151
My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Don't be a chump, women love it when you assert your dominance. I snapped on my main prospect last weekend because I was already in a piss mood because of the long night of work, and she pissed me off by asking me to do something so she didn't have to. Two days later she showed up to my spot on Tuesdays to drink and set next to me. I wasn't planning to snap on her, it just happened because at that point anyone was about to get their head blown off.

However, doing nice things isn't weakness if you do it correctly. Like yourself.
This.
I have a lot going on in my life and am a bit stressed out so I think the following scenario is related to that.


I called a girl out on her mind games she was attempting to play on me. I was just over the bs of her treating me like I have to work for her. She also is very insecure and would question me if I was hanging out with some good girl friends that I have. I don't like that, not this early. So she came over last night and said something along the lines of (in a rude, not joking maner) "You are dramatic"

That did it for me. I told her I'm not like other dudes who will bend over backwards and take **** from her. Furthermore, if I ask her to dinner (cook at my place, movie) I expect a response in a timely manner. Either a "Yes" or "No" not this wait 4 days to respond, and still don't give a definite answer because you are so busy at work (as if no one else is busy, so busy that they cannot respond) Her response was that she doesn't like to plan things ahead of time, in a very sarcastic tone...I told her I'm the kind of guy who likes to make set plans and go do something. Then she said "well I'm 'name' and I'm not like other girls"..at this point she got up and walked towards the door. I gladly opened it for her. Peace. There were other instances with her, but only 3 dates and this kind of behavior is a definite turn off.
__________________

Last edited by Breezy; 07-20-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #2238
blazedxjan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 444
My Ride: 01 325ci
Re: Random Love Line postings

So what do you do when your lady goes about her day without giving you details?
__________________


89' 240sx Coupe - Sold ): 98' 328is - RIP 91' Turbo MR2 - Sold 01' 325ci - Current
I like my Christmas hat; wanna fight about it?
blazedxjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #2239
mcr_driver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 27,469
My Ride: my favorite two feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
dude when I don't get invited to things or asked I get real analytical. I'm like wtf I ask her to do everything! Why isn't she asking me.
Huge +1 but I have gotten better at taking a step back and getting perspective because sometimes I do that as well for family functions and stuff at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
We are exactly the same in this regard. I do way more "little things" for my gf than she does for me but she likes that I take care of her. It could be the way she was raised, or something to do with her ex's. I have no idea but sometimes I want a little more in return and I don't see it. Then it makes me think she doesn't care but I guess she does do enough to show me she is thinking about me and when I do bring things up that bother me she is quick to adjust and accept that I may be right. We were shopping in target the other day and while she's looking through clothes I'm playing around on my phone. She says why are you always on it. I said I'm on it when you're shopping because I have nothing else to do. 5 minutes later she apologizes for getting mad about it and said that is was pretty dumb to even say anything about it. I told her I have never met someone that admitted they were wrong like she does. It's very rare based on my experience.
+1 Whenever I am over I do the dishes for her because I know she hates doing dishes. Although she did surprise me a bit by buying me a blinking light for my bike I just recently got (very thoughtful of her and something I'm not used to at all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
totally get that man. Meeting good friends is a good sign though. At our ages we don't want to waste time. I want to settle down, get married, and have kids within the next 5-6 years. Probably earlier. My gf seems to have the same plan as me. Hopefully yours comes around. I chalk it up to it just being their personalities. My ex was very giving. I'd wake up to breakfast being cooked. This one is not like that. We lay in bed together until we need to get out lol. The ex was also an immature nagging b1tch so I know I'm better off lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Screenshot and post on fb

[bimmerapp]
In for pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
If you like each other and it feels natural, who cares if it's once or five times a week
Just make it work
(Okay, 5 is probably a little too much unless if you are like students at the same school)

[bimmerapp]
Not really It depends on the circumstances for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
This.
I have a lot going on in my life and am a bit stressed out so I think the following scenario is related to that.


I called a girl out on her mind games she was attempting to play on me. I was just over the bs of her treating me like I have to work for her. She also is very insecure and would question me if I was hanging out with some good girl friends that I have. I don't like that, not this early. So she came over last night and said something along the lines of (in a rude, not joking maner) "You are dramatic"

That did it for me. I told her I'm not like other dudes who will bend over backwards and take **** from her. Furthermore, if I ask her to dinner (cook at my place, movie) I expect a response in a timely manner. Either a "Yes" or "No" not this wait 4 days to respond, and still don't give a definite answer because you are so busy at work (as if no one else is busy, so busy that they cannot respond) Her response was that she doesn't like to plan things ahead of time, in a very sarcastic tone...I told her I'm the kind of guy who likes to make set plans and go do something. Then she said "well I'm 'name' and I'm not like other girls"..at this point she got up and walked towards the door. I gladly opened it for her. Peace. There were other instances with her, but only 3 dates and this kind of behavior is a definite turn off.
Definitely sounds like a good situation to walk away from and you definitely went about it the right way compared to how that could've went. Kudos to you for a lesson learned well.
__________________
http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ken10hm2.jpg
mcr_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #2240
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,245
My Ride: is totaled
chasing new ass is a mix of thrill and annoyance
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use