E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #281
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
That sounds plausible to me, but I am also one to give the benefit of the doubt like if a persons life is too hectic or that's just not how their personality is.
personality... might be on to something there; bottom line though, if a girl is into you, she will make the time.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #282
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
in for pics
I can barely remember it, lol. I didn't take any pics or videos but I'll check with my buddies to see if they have any.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #283
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT247 View Post
personality... might be on to something there; bottom line though, if a girl is into you, she will make the time.
Seems that way. Doesn't mean I'm keeping my options closed, but it definitely looks like we're not gonna get serious any time soon.

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #284
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
no love so no reason for me to post in love line thread

Last edited by kushy; 01-02-2013 at 02:03 AM.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #285
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT247 View Post
My ex was like that, very independent but I do agree people make time for those they care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
no love so no reason for me to post in love line thread
I have no love yet I post here. what's going on kushy?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #286
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
That sounds plausible to me, but I am also one to give the benefit of the doubt like if a persons life is too hectic or that's just not how their personality is.
I don't care how busy a person is, they will make time for the most important person in their current social life. If you aren't the most important, it won't change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Oh I know she's stupid busy. She's never lied or bailed on me to just not go out. Every time we do go out though, everything is fine and great. I just think she's one of those girls that really doesn't need a guy around to be dependent on. We'll see how things go later this week when we go out again. It's been almost two weeks since our last date, but she's been out of town.
I think she's using you to fill the void while she looks for what she really wants. I also don't know the whole story, but busy is a lame excuse that can't be debated.

Focus on you, and only you. People will see themselves out on their own.

$100 says you ask her, "so what exactly are we," and she disappears into the wind

Last edited by CollinsE90; 01-02-2013 at 01:42 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #287
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I don't care how busy a person is, they will make time for the most important person in their current social life. If you aren't the most important, it won't change.

I think she's using you to fill the void while she looks for what she really wants. I also don't know the whole story, but busy is a lame excuse that can't be debated.

Focus on you, and only you. People will see themselves out on their own.

$100 says you ask her, "so what exactly are we," and she disappears into the wind
agreed. I know personally that any time I was into a person I would fit them in some how. I will never in my life buy that "I'm just busy" line. It's an easy way to keep your distance without being upfront about it. This just happened to my good friend and he's like well she does have a lot going on. Well fuuck that. If someone is choosing other sh1t over me then they can go to hell.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #288
CollinsE90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
agreed. I know personally that any time I was into a person I would fit them in some how. I will never in my life buy that "I'm just busy" line. It's an easy way to keep your distance without being upfront about it. This just happened to my good friend and he's like well she does have a lot going on. Well fuuck that. If someone is choosing other sh1t over me then they can go to hell.
Until someone challenges what they're doing, if that makes sense. As long as the other person believes 'they're just super busy, I'll give them space,' the person will continue to do it and lead you on while they continue looking. The second you've figured out their plan, they just bail to avoid confronting you about it, hence the 'busy' lines instead of just telling you.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #289
DylloS

Quote:
Until someone challenges what they're doing, if that makes sense. As long as the other person believes 'they're just super busy, I'll give them space,' the person will continue to do it and lead you on while they continue looking. The second you've figured out their plan, they just bail to avoid confronting you about it, hence the 'busy' lines instead of just telling you.
yea exactly. Some people just say ohh ok let me know when you're around. You either deal with it, ask them what they have to do, or make plans and hope they don't break them.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #290
mcr_driver

makes sense but it sounds like there is no latitude, i mean sometimes i legitimately am busy and while i want to make time i can't. If it were a role reversal that person would cut me of needlessly no?
Old 01-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #291
CollinsE90

I learned a long time ago to not put too much expectations in every girl I met. In the past year I bet I met 50-100 girls, including numbers, but nothing comes of most because of many reasons (timing, alcohol, etc...). Most guys will meet one, and do everything they think they should, which includes pretty much begging, and waste too much time. Meet--contact--invitation, if they don't oblige I act like I never met them and move to the next one. Sure, I could try harder and some may accept if I try hard enough, but I don't worry about it.

TLR Don't linger, take the hint and move on.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #292
CollinsE90

Quote:
makes sense but it sounds like there is no latitude, i mean sometimes i legitimately am busy and while i want to make time i can't. If it were a role reversal that person would cut me of needlessly no?
You can make time, or at the very least, show that you're thinking about the person and continually try to make plans with them. But only so many times can you legitimately not have an hour of free time, and be telling the truth. If you want the person bad enough, things start to become less important.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #293
DylloS

Quote:
You can make time, or at the very least, show that you're thinking about the person and continually try to make plans with them. But only so many times can you legitimately not have an hour of free time, and be telling the truth. If you want the person bad enough, things start to become less important.
exactly. I've skipped workouts, food preparation and dude hang outs in the past month. Before her, my time looked like this. Wake up, work, workout, cook food, chill with roommates and bs. All my time was accounted for but I made some changes a few times a week. Like you said, if you want to hangout, you will.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #294
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
exactly. I've skipped workouts, food preparation and dude hang outs in the past month. Before her, my time looked like this. Wake up, work, workout, cook food, chill with roommates and bs. All my time was accounted for but I made some changes a few times a week. Like you said, if you want to hangout, you will.
sorry to hear bro
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #295
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
Quote:

But you had way too much time available to begin with
Sure you had it all accounted for... but except for work, it was all your own choosing for fun time

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #296
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
But you had way too much time available to begin with
Sure you had it all accounted for... but except for work, it was all your own choosing for fun time

[bimmerapp]
Yea you're right. Not like I had school and after work commitments.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #297
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
but yes bottom line is ... if you want to, you will carve out as much time as possible to see the person
and you will do whatever it takes
back in college, i scrounged together money to fly out from new hampshire back to california to see a girl (who became my gf) for less than 36 hours while spending close to 18 hours in travel time because of non-direct flights + bus ride to and from boston airport
ah the crazy and foolish things we do

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 01-02-2013 at 07:09 PM.
XKxRome0ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #298
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
I agree with the mindset that if they want to see you, they will make time. There are reasonable excuses, but as has been mentioned if it seems vague, they're being just that for a reason. They're not that into it.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #299
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
how long does it take you type a text? Sometimes life is busy and you may not be able to see a girl for a week plus, but that doesn't mean effort can't be made in other areas.. phone calls, text during the day etc... these are easy things and don't take a lot of time.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:47 AM   #300
mcr_driver

I agree and learned my lesson on that the hard way...a text message isn't hard at all, just to say hey i'm doing this etc.