E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #561
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
I was. She's doing the same **** again. I'm getting sick of it, so I'm gonna start moving on. She goes days at a time without speaking. When we see each other on campus, everything is fine, she acts fine, says she'll be free over the weekend, then always says she's too busy.

So I'm moving on. If she's too immature to tell me "Hey, I'm really busy and I'm sorry we can't do something, but we will soon", then I'm over it. Sucks too because she's probably the hottest chick I've ever dated. Shouldn't be THIS much effort just to go out.

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #562
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
I was. She's doing the same **** again. I'm getting sick of it, so I'm gonna start moving on. She goes days at a time without speaking. When we see each other on campus, everything is fine, she acts fine, says she'll be free over the weekend, then always says she's too busy.

So I'm moving on. If she's too immature to tell me "Hey, I'm really busy and I'm sorry we can't do something, but we will soon", then I'm over it. Sucks too because she's probably the hottest chick I've ever dated. Shouldn't be THIS much effort just to go out.
That sucks, but you're on the right track. Sorry to hear that!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #563
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
She's a child to put it simple. Stupid little attitude for nothing. Anyways, I asked her if I could take her to work today to tell her it's over. Before when I asked her and she had an overnight shift we would go get some dinner, etc. She texted me that she's working tonight and she's not free. Wtf???? Whatever, I could care less. I'm just gonna call, ask her one last time and if she says no I'll ask why. Then depending on her excuse I'll bring up just what I wrote and tell her off and that's over. If she can't accept my time free that I can take her to work when I know I can and she rejects it then f it. I tried to do the gentlemen way and do it face to face but I won't fight it if she wants to be a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

Be a man
End it
Walk away
GG

[bimmerapp]
I agree, it really does sound like my ex a lot towards the end. I should have seriously just stopped caring and searching for closure that I knew I was never going to get. Just accept she won't make the time for you to get the closure you want/deserve. To make matters worse by continuing to ask to meet up you continue to validate her feelings to ignore you to get attention. Just delete her number, unfriend her from facebook/twitter/tumblr/instagram/whatever and move on to someone worth your time.

Learn from my/our mistakes move on now before you drive yourself crazy.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #564
HyeWarrior

Truth.

Learning to do that now. I really need to.

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #565
mcr_driver

Hell I'm still learning how to do that...Not sure how to tell girl A she's boring and hardly worth my interest....I guess not texting back at all and deleting her from facebook in a few weeks would do the trick
Old 01-25-2013, 02:22 AM   #566
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
^Don't do that, be a man and just say hey it's not working out, im not very interested. Simple.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:34 AM   #567
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
In mcr's situation
It really depends on where they are
If you hung out a few times and that is it, it is totally normal and acceptable to just let it fizzle out
That's what happens all the time
You don't need to explain yourself to every possible girl because they might never have considered getting into anything deeper with you in the first place

Of course if you actually had dates and made some progress toward getting to know each other on a more personal level..
and/or
you know you will continue to run into this person because of school/work/common friends/etc. then you might owe a talk to just clear the air

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 01-25-2013 at 02:35 AM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #568
HyeWarrior

^i've tried the latter attempt many times with the chick in my situation, but she's not much of a talker. Not to mention I'm lucky if I can get a hold of her. If I told you guys the stunt she pulled on me over the weekend, I'm sure some of you would be livid and moved on. I tried giving her another chance. Ran into her Tuesday, she said Friday she should be free. Talked to her today, she said she's 'super busy'. I asked her how her day was going before that, never got an answer. After she said she was busy, I told her I've tried my best to hang out, but you're never available so I get the feeling you don't want to anymore. Never got a reply. I'm officially done. Even though I'll run into her constantly at school, I'm contemplating cutting all communication with her (delete number, unfriendly Facebook, unfollow Instagram). Childish? Maybe, but I'm ready to move on. I'm actually stoked for this weekend to hang out with my buddies and have some fun with no stress.

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
Old 01-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #569
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
She is stringing you along bud. You're just an option to her. You make her feel good knowing she has options. Plus some girls are not good at saying no, fear of being alone, or liking the ego boost. Move on. Don't go all crazy defriending and cutting all online links. That just wreaks of anger / petit frustration and she will read right through that.

Just move on in your head. Don't try to meet up anymore. Just give her a simple hi / bye when you cross paths.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #570
mcr_driver

Quote:
In mcr's situation
It really depends on where they are
If you hung out a few times and that is it, it is totally normal and acceptable to just let it fizzle out
That's what happens all the time
You don't need to explain yourself to every possible girl because they might never have considered getting into anything deeper with you in the first place

Of course if you actually had dates and made some progress toward getting to know each other on a more personal level..
and/or
you know you will continue to run into this person because of school/work/common friends/etc. then you might owe a talk to just clear the air

[bimmerapp]
She was an online person I met, chatted with her over the past few weeks. She is the one that magically got sick the day we were going to hang out. I was chatting with her yesterday and she got really moody, excited she was talking to her brother via skype then after real the world is blah nothing matters exestentialist type nonsense I think I'll just ignore her...But I agree there is a fine line between telling them hey it's not working and letting a person go quietly in to the night.

In better news I was asked out sort of again by Girl B or as I refer to her as the italian (I'm like the united nations I categorize by nationality ) Since I'm not doing much else and she wants to go to this art exhibit in downtown I figure why not. So my friday just got better.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #571
mcr_driver

Quote:
^i've tried the latter attempt many times with the chick in my situation, but she's not much of a talker. Not to mention I'm lucky if I can get a hold of her. If I told you guys the stunt she pulled on me over the weekend, I'm sure some of you would be livid and moved on. I tried giving her another chance. Ran into her Tuesday, she said Friday she should be free. Talked to her today, she said she's 'super busy'. I asked her how her day was going before that, never got an answer. After she said she was busy, I told her I've tried my best to hang out, but you're never available so I get the feeling you don't want to anymore. Never got a reply. I'm officially done. Even though I'll run into her constantly at school, I'm contemplating cutting all communication with her (delete number, unfriendly Facebook, unfollow Instagram). Childish? Maybe, but I'm ready to move on. I'm actually stoked for this weekend to hang out with my buddies and have some fun with no stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
She is stringing you along bud. You're just an option to her. You make her feel good knowing she has options. Plus some girls are not good at saying no, fear of being alone, or liking the ego boost. Move on. Don't go all crazy defriending and cutting all online links. That just wreaks of anger / petit frustration and she will read right through that.

Just move on in your head. Don't try to meet up anymore. Just give her a simple hi / bye when you cross paths.

Honestly now when I feel like I get to this point I don't even have consideration for the other persons feelings as they clearly don't have any consideration with mine. So I say do whatever you want for yourself. If you wanna unfriend, delete, etc go for it, if you want to just let it fade out to black then whatever makes you smile and lets you enjoy your day and not let her have the satisfaction of ruining it. Live it up, enjoy your friday and get in to some of that good trouble
Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #572
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
Honestly now when I feel like I get to this point I don't even have consideration for the other persons feelings as they clearly don't have any consideration with mine. So I say do whatever you want for yourself. If you wanna unfriend, delete, etc go for it, if you want to just let it fade out to black then whatever makes you smile and lets you enjoy your day and not let her have the satisfaction of ruining it. Live it up, enjoy your friday and get in to some of that good trouble
I agree with do what makes you happy, the harder route to take, (the one I recommend but have trouble myself following) is to not unfriend on fbook, etc..that's just blatant she annoyed you and got to you. Just say fuuk it and meet someone else. Hard to do, but she totally feels like she has you wanting her..only way to disconnect her from that mindset is to go cold.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #573
Breezy

Do you guys ever think that like.....we over think a lot of this sh!t?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #574
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
Do you guys ever think that like.....we over think a lot of this sh!t?
no we underthink things.

Most people go about this sh1t in a way that gets them in trouble. They say she likes me I like her and just go about their business with no strategy and most times it bites them in the ass.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #575
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
no we underthink things.

Most people go about this sh1t in a way that gets them in trouble. They say she likes me I like her and just go about their business with no strategy and most times it bites them in the ass.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #576
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
no we underthink things.

But there is a difference between being smarter about things ... and being a pansy by overthinking things and creating drama

Usually this is easy enough to see as a 3rd party observer
Which is why some people really benefit from posting here and getting advice

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #577
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
But there is a difference between being smarter about things ... and being a pansy by overthinking things and creating drama

[bimmerapp]
you're 100% right.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #578
mcr_driver

Quote:

[bimmerapp]
agreed. No matter how much we try it is very difficult to take yourself out of the equation and think of things rationally and without emotional bias.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #579
HyeWarrior

You guys are awesome, srsly.

Say I stop talking to her via texts, but still stay 'polite' when I see her on campus. What should I do if she's the one who texts me first? Some would probably say don't even respond, some would say to be very short...

Ideas? For all I know, it won't ever happen, which is also fine

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #580
Breezy

Quote:
You guys are awesome, srsly.

Say I stop talking to her via texts, but still stay 'polite' when I see her on campus. What should I do if she's the one who texts me first? Some would probably say don't even respond, some would say to be very short...

Ideas? For all I know, it won't ever happen, which is also fine
Here's what you do.

You stop thinking about scenarios. This ish will drive you crazy man. If she DOES text you first, ignore it. You are busy doing your own thing. Respond, but wait the next day. This is how you could keep yourself interesting, you have stuff going on, so you will not respond immediately like she'd expect. And just keep it that way for a while. If you notice her sending more messages, you may have gotten her to chase you. But do not expect this, let things happen as they may. Remember, ease up a bit on the situation, it's not that serious. Keep it casual, just like how you'd respond with a distant friend. You never really second guess your actions with them, so do the same with her.

Last edited by Breezy; 01-25-2013 at 01:34 PM.