E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #581
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
You guys are awesome, srsly.

Say I stop talking to her via texts, but still stay 'polite' when I see her on campus. What should I do if she's the one who texts me first? Some would probably say don't even respond, some would say to be very short...

Ideas? For all I know, it won't ever happen, which is also fine
Does it really matter? It just validates that she is reaching out for attention and not actually for you. Don't ignore her, move past her, she's not worth the effort.

I'll even play devils advocate for a second and show you the 15 chess moves of how this plays out.
Let's assume she is interested in you now and wants to make the effort. This is only gonna happen again down the line and you'll be back at square one.
What if she doesn't, then it's a matter of are you both willing to put in the effort?
Considering the facts as they are she isn't and perhaps in a way you aren't as well because you may have a jaded perspective now because of her past actions.
There are so many what if's in a relationship whether it's a week old or 15 years old. The bottom line is how much of a balance both people are investing in to the relationship. That starts from day one with your foundation.
Honestly speaking my ex and I had a horrible foundation it was not as balanced as I thought and it eventually showed itself. I wasn't looking at things clearly and it bit me in the ass. Take a step back and if what all of us, not just me, is saying makes sense, 9/10 times it's the truth. Going by what I know, you and her do not have a solid foundation either and eventually, not only will it waste your time but it will also lead you to headache and heartache as you get more and more invested.

Last edited by mcr_driver; 01-25-2013 at 02:16 PM.
mcr_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #582
mcr_driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
Here's what you do.

You stop thinking about scenarios. This ish will drive you crazy man. If she DOES text you first, ignore it. You are busy doing your own thing. Respond, but wait the next day. This is how you could keep yourself interesting, you have stuff going on, so you will not respond immediately like she'd expect. And just keep it that way for a while. If you notice her sending more messages, you may have gotten her to chase you. But do not expect this, let things happen as they may. Remember, ease up a bit on the situation, it's not that serious. Keep it casual, just like how you'd respond with a distant friend. You never really second guess your actions with them, so do the same with her.
Also good advice
Sorry I always think more long term then short this is great short term advice as opposed to my long winded long term advice.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #583
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Well long term I agree with you, stay the hell away from this girl...I didn't even consider long term perspective lol, mine is definitely for the immediate.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #584
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
Just be short and let her guide the conversations... if nothing there then move on. Easy.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #585
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #586
Breezy

Well weekend check in, fri night was really fun. Texted my old fling "hey what are you up to tonight?" no response..so that one's done. Went rock climbing with the bros after work, we ended up meeting 3 hot girls starting out as beginners. Honestly they were all good looking, but the one that went for me turns out she has a kid (buddies know her previously, told me after the fact arghh.) So now I'm kinda like ehhh I wish I went for her hot blonde friend..but I'm ok with just having a fling with her. On top of this, my buddy who knows her said his good friend is her babby daddy..and he's not cool with me pursuing something..am I in the wrong at all? I just met this chick and she gave me her number..If it was MY friend's ex girl I wouldn't but c'mon this is kinda pushing it isn't it?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #587
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Just going to save you some trouble. She has a kid, walk away. No vagina is that good, trust me, I've been there. Especially with baby daddy issues, she'll be looking for the prince to take her off into the sunset away from baby daddy.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #588
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Just going to save you some trouble. She has a kid, walk away. No vagina is that good, trust me, I've been there. Especially with baby daddy issues, she'll be looking for the prince to take her off into the sunset away from baby daddy.
but she's reallllly hot...mannnnn why did I go for the one with the kid!!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #589
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
I once went after a single mom...

Yeah it isn't worth the trouble
Unless if you are jerry mcguire

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #590
Breezy

But let's keep in mind..I'm just trying to get some. She seemed down? I'm predicting I'm going to go down the path that you guys are predicting....and I'll be posting here to say you guys are right..

Last edited by Breezy; 01-27-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #591
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Smash and dash if you can

Your friend is a clown for trying to put down the c-clamp on a girl thats not/wasn't even his. Sure the baby makes a long-term situation complicated and not worth it, but you're not in it for the long term so game on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #592
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
You guys are awesome, srsly.

Say I stop talking to her via texts, but still stay 'polite' when I see her on campus. What should I do if she's the one who texts me first? Some would probably say don't even respond, some would say to be very short...

Ideas? For all I know, it won't ever happen, which is also fine
go hard neg and say "hey nice to hear from you, kind of seems like we don't really click, so I think it is best if we just try to be friends, cool?" You can still be friendly at school and converse and such; giving the cold shoulder in person will make you look childish. And genuinely, you should be fine with how things went, she made her choices and you were not one of them, life goes on; getting caught up in someone elses life is silly, focus on yours.

Also, saying that shows you are not gonna just follow her around like a dog, it shows that you understand your feelings/emotions and what you want in life, and that you are willing to walk away with absolutely no regrets or hurt feelings. Positive positive positive.

Last edited by CMT247; 01-27-2013 at 06:21 PM.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #593
mcr_driver

Interesting weekend...Definitely seeing some warning signs that I may need to jump ship but I'll know for sure this friday. Hung out of friday had a good time went to a play slept over. Again no sex but not a big deal at the time as I figure she just has a waiting period, fair enough.

Saturday rolls around and my plans got canceled as well as hers. We spent the day rather lazily which was nice considering in the past month I've had non stop weekends trying to put out "fires." End up crashing another night at her place (Both fell asleep after a session with her and woke up at 3 am whoops no point leaving now) leading in to sunday.

Spend the morning with her, even asks me to join her for work (she does special effects make up and needed to go on site for a job to retake some photos) then we spent the afternoon at the forever hollywood cemetary. Came back ate at one of my places near her only to find out she has a crazy disdain for pork. She was traumitized by bacon during Hurricane Katrina as a volunteer. Finally leave around 8ish and she surprises me with papers for a parking permit (a bit forward of her but considerate I suppose.)

Talking to her more throughout the weekend I am coming to realize she is very emotionally and relationship immature. She may actually be a virgin in the never had sex category.

will add more later once I get home from work.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #594
Breezy

have you gotten any oral sex? or given?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #595
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Ran into Girl A today. Awkward encounter.

She smiled said hi, hugged, and then immediately got weird and got quiet and was looking down the whole time. I said I forgot my wallet in my car and I was going back to get it (which was true). She said ok and that she'll be on the third floor in the library. Then she said 'I'll see you in a bit' as we walked off. Lol Wat. No bish. Maybe she got a pissed vibe from me. Good

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #596
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
Mcr... good thing you really kept the boundaries clear by spending the entire weekend with her .... /sarcasm

I want to hear about how she was traumatized by bacon
Lol

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #597
mcr_driver

both, I've never been orally fixated only one girl I knew was even remotely decent at it so I am never expecting magic from oral.

She was just around bacon and grease so much working at food centers that coupled with the stuff she saw just is a sort of PTSD I suppose...

I am thinking this is a get out before it goes south fast scenario I am seeing her again at the end of the week that would be the most apt time o break it off before she gets any more serious. Or at least to get more clarification because as it stands now she could fall very very fast for me and I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings as a result.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #598
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
Interesting weekend...Definitely seeing some warning signs that I may need to jump ship but I'll know for sure this friday. Hung out of friday had a good time went to a play slept over. Again no sex but not a big deal at the time as I figure she just has a waiting period, fair enough.

Saturday rolls around and my plans got canceled as well as hers. We spent the day rather lazily which was nice considering in the past month I've had non stop weekends trying to put out "fires." End up crashing another night at her place (Both fell asleep after a session with her and woke up at 3 am whoops no point leaving now) leading in to sunday.

Spend the morning with her, even asks me to join her for work (she does special effects make up and needed to go on site for a job to retake some photos) then we spent the afternoon at the forever hollywood cemetary. Came back ate at one of my places near her only to find out she has a crazy disdain for pork. She was traumitized by bacon during Hurricane Katrina as a volunteer. Finally leave around 8ish and she surprises me with papers for a parking permit (a bit forward of her but considerate I suppose.)

Talking to her more throughout the weekend I am coming to realize she is very emotionally and relationship immature. She may actually be a virgin in the never had sex category.

will add more later once I get home from work.
Can I ask what is bad about this situation? You guys seem to click very well and she seems cool so why not give it a chance. How old are you guys?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #599
mcr_driver

26(her) and 27(I.) I just wouldn't want her to fall for me and I'm not at the same level of attraction. I just feel that relationship immaturity could go very badly, and she could either become a clinger or something far worse. I'll be getting a second opinion on friday. I am inviting her to a dinner with friends and one of my good female friends will be there to give me her thoughts on her.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #600
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
26(her) and 27(I.) I just wouldn't want her to fall for me and I'm not at the same level of attraction. I just feel that relationship immaturity could go very badly, and she could either become a clinger or something far worse. I'll be getting a second opinion on friday. I am inviting her to a dinner with friends and one of my good female friends will be there to give me her thoughts on her.
you seem to be looking at this at the wrong way I think. Think of dating as trying things out until they go bad. Don't look for the bad to happen before it's here. You may convince yourself that she isn't as good for you as she might be. Good call on involving friends though. That's always a deal breaker for me and luckily they all like my new girl.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote