E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #101
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
I have been with the same girl for 7 years, I love her.

However I want to get back out out there and break it off. Both of her parents were never there for her and my family has become her quasi-family in a way. She has done nothing wrong, a really nice soft spoken conservative person. The way she has treated and handled me and the relationship in the last few years has been nothing short of outstanding, and my family and friends say so as well. Whenever I communicate this feeling of wanting to be single to them they say im an idiot.

I guess I just dont know how to say that I love her and want her to be the girl I marry, just not before I have a couple more relationships and flings here and there. I feel as if my 20's are just ticking away.
If random flings are your reason for hooking up that's pretty dumb. If you have it that good there is no reason to end it.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #102
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
If random flings are your reason for hooking up that's pretty dumb. If you have it that good there is no reason to end it.
I dunno man. I guess ive been with her too long (since 18 y/o) from way too young of an age and didnt really get to did all the wild shiet I wanted to. I hooked up with 1 other chick during our entire relationship and that was while we were on a short break.

She is the perfect girl, she is the right one. I just met her way too soon in my life. If I would have met this girl at 27-28 I would marry her in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #103
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Quote:
I dunno man. I guess ive been with her too long (since 18 y/o) from way too young of an age and didnt really get to did all the wild shiet I wanted to. I hooked up with 1 other chick during our entire relationship and that was while we were on a short break.

She is the perfect girl, she is the right one. I just met her way too soon in my life. If I would have met this girl at 27-28 I would marry her in a heartbeat.
I think youre in denial about something man..I guarantee if you do end it, you will regret it, and I hope she wouldn't get back with you..sounds like a dumb reason honestly to break it off, if what you are saying is true.

Last edited by Breezy; 11-08-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #104
DylloS

Quote:

Does she let you go out with friends and do your own thing sometimes? I can understand how you feel if not but don't think for a second that random hookups will replace what you guys have. Most people will never find what you have let alone twice.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #105
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
^ This.

Quote:

So what if you haven't hooked up with other girls? This isn't a race and it's always quality over quantity. It doesn't sound like you have a very good reason to end it other than wanting to fvck other girls, which is fine if she's not meeting your needs/desires in that area. As was said, you'll regret it in a heartbeat if you do. Not to mention how long it'll take before you're truely over it (if ever).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
I think your in denial about something man..I guarantee if you do end it, you will regret it, and I hope she wouldn't get back with you..sounds like a dumb reason honestly to break it off, if what you are saying is true.
Agree, sounds like we're not being told important parts of the story.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #106
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
I firmly believe there is no such thing as 'the one.' Only a person that has certain attributes that you personally feel necessary for dating, that you find at the right time. Sounds to me like your gut says "this girl is safe," and you want something else. If you don't want to be exclusive to her for the rest of your life, you're just wasting time for both parties. People are afraid to be single, afraid of never finding better, that they hold on to something they were unsure of for far too long.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #107
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Quote:

here's the problem... your girl might not be around when you're 27-28
the type of girl she is (just assuming here) she will have met someone who appreciates her and gets married before you ever get around to meeting her when you are good and ready after having chased more hookups

are you willing to lose this girl forever to get some random ass?

but at the same time, if you are going to have this regret .. the "what if's" in your head.. and still go on and get married to her and all that
you might mess things up after you are married to her
so you need to really think things through
if she's the one, she's the one
it's normal to want some excitement and the prospect of some new ass ... but in the end, none of that amounts to anything

sleeping with 100 random girls, no matter how hot or not, doesn't really leave you with anything when it's over (except maybe some STD/STI)

finding a girl who makes you feel like you could spend the rest of your life with her... that matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #108
calialx1

My Ride: FL 330i, 3000GT
^ similar situation here and I appreciate the wisdom.

I'm 25 and been with my gf for one year. I love her andsee myself growing old with her. We do have our problems but nothing that can't be worked out. Before her I didn't have many other serious relationships or hooked up with any other girls. Now I wonder what it would be like to sleep with other women or let loose. She satisfy s me sexually so I don;t think that's the problem/ I just don;t want to end it with her over this hoping she will come back to me bc I know it wouldn't be fair to her and I would probably lose something that has been building for years since we've been friends sin jr high. I think it may have to do with my insecurity of her actually being with other guys in the past and me knowing of it. Like I need to catch up to the amount of people she's slept with. I regret not having my fun with other girls before dating her because now I don;t want to lose her.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #109
Breezy

If that is the only problem then you should be thankful..while you may not have as many flings as her, you have to think about the present. You know how man bozos I've wasted time with but don't have anything substantial to offer? I'm actually jealous of you my friend. If you have an amazing chick just sit down and realiZe that. There are so many women out there but a lot of ten are just a waste of time after you get what you need from them. Being with someone truly special is greater than some random skeezer to suck you off
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #110
Breezy

So many typos I hate typing on the iPhone
Old 11-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #111
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Thx breezy, collins, solly and romeo. I have some serious thinking to do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #112
Breezy

^...pics?

Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #113
DylloS

Quote:
Thx breezy, collins, solly and romeo. I have some serious thinking to do..
Do you still like helping her with her problems? I noticed after a certain point with my ex I was out of it. At first I was all about it then something in my head said "god dammit this isn't my problem".
Old 11-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #114
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by calialx1 View Post
^ similar situation here and I appreciate the wisdom.

I'm 25 and been with my gf for one year. I love her andsee myself growing old with her. We do have our problems but nothing that can't be worked out. Before her I didn't have many other serious relationships or hooked up with any other girls. Now I wonder what it would be like to sleep with other women or let loose. She satisfy s me sexually so I don;t think that's the problem/ I just don;t want to end it with her over this hoping she will come back to me bc I know it wouldn't be fair to her and I would probably lose something that has been building for years since we've been friends sin jr high. I think it may have to do with my insecurity of her actually being with other guys in the past and me knowing of it. Like I need to catch up to the amount of people she's slept with. I regret not having my fun with other girls before dating her because now I don;t want to lose her.

those are some seriously stupid thoughts, man
grow up and get over it

Quote:

Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #115
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
dude, totally normal
don't rush it otherwise you'll just screw it up with the next girl
if you just want to get out there and bang, that's fine
but yeah 3 months is not even that long considering you spent 3 years with your ex-gf
That's true. I guess the issue is more that I feel bad for keeping girls on the bench but not taking them up to bat, and I can feel that they're starting to get frustrated too. Ideally, I'd like to keep them in runner-up/bench until I'm ready to start dating again, but that isn't necessarily fair towards them if I just keep sending mixed signals. There is one girl I have in mind that I would be pretty upset about if I missed the opportunity to start a relationship with her, but I don't feel ready yet to start another relationship.

Last edited by dreamdrivedrift; 11-10-2012 at 10:03 AM.
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #116
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
That's true. I guess the issue is more that I feel bad for keeping girls on the bench but not taking them up to bat, and I can feel that they're starting to get frustrated too. Ideally, I'd like to keep them in runner-up/bench until I'm ready to start dating again, but that isn't necessarily fair towards them if I just keep sending mixed signals. There is one girl I have in mind that I would be pretty upset about if I missed the opportunity to start a relationship with her, but I don't feel ready yet to start another relationship.

that's not how it works
unless the girls are stupid and naive and can be easily strung along ... in which case, you shouldn't want a relationship with them

Quote:

Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #117
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I firmly believe there is no such thing as 'the one.' Only a person that has certain attributes that you personally feel necessary for dating, that you find at the right time. Sounds to me like your gut says "this girl is safe," and you want something else. If you don't want to be exclusive to her for the rest of your life, you're just wasting time for both parties. People are afraid to be single, afraid of never finding better, that they hold on to something they were unsure of for far too long.
this

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #118
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
that's not how it works
unless the girls are stupid and naive and can be easily strung along ... in which case, you shouldn't want a relationship with them
Yeah. Looks like I'll have to take some sort of action this week
Old 11-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #119
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

girls can get too uppity when they know you wanna get in their pants
gotta put them in their place (hopefully on their knees)

Quote:

Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #120
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Best advice I ever heard

Never Stick your Noodle in a Wackadoodle
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote