E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #1881
awesomechinz

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
Random Love Line postings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
Question: what are the boundaries for a good friends ex?

She bar tends at a bar i go to kinda often. Started kissing on me in pictures last time i was there and always hooks me up with free drinks and food. Now she added me on fb, has been messaging me a lot and wants to get together and it feels like she wants more then just friends.

They dated for like 1-2 years and lived together for a bit and about a year + ago they broke up (not on good terms).

It feels wrong to me, but i want some input.
I always thought that good friends ex's are off limits unless the friend sets you up with said ex.

Casual general friends would have probably a waiting period.

And don't ask your friend for advice on said girl. Just my thoughts. But then again I don't know much (only 1 relationship)

brown magic
awesomechinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #1882
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI

If its truly a good friend, one that you hang out with often, I'd be inclined to stay off limits. Other than that, go for it

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #1883
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
She's trying to punish her ex by using you.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #1884
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: Random Love Line postings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
She's trying to punish her ex by using you.
It's not that. I know that for sure. Like i said it's been over a well year since they separated. If this came up like 6-9 months ago I'd agree with that.

I knew she was into me when they were together. I'm thinking maybe seeing me st the bar reminded her and she thinks it's an alright time to strike now?
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #1885
awesomechinz

Quote:
It's not that. I know that for sure. Like i said it's been over a well year since they separated. If this came up like 6-9 months ago I'd agree with that.

I knew she was into me when they were together. I'm thinking maybe seeing me st the bar reminded her and she thinks it's an alright time to strike now?
I think bro's before hoes applies here.. Not sure though

brown magic
Old 05-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #1886
Ballistic325

My Ride: slow and steady
How good is the bro-lationship? If you see yourself being close friends with this guy for the long term, she's off limits.

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #1887
Trashcan

I feel like it's a situation if I'm drunk and smash that, it's ok, but if it turned into a relationship (which i wouldn't let happen), that wouldn't be cool. I kick it with him and his fiancee all the time so she would have to come around with me.

Like my ex, he knows from then, and i were together for 4 years. Been broken up about the same time. If he smashed it, I'd be whatever about it, but if they dated and we were supposed to hand out together it wouldn't be cool.

Idk. I came to a cookout with her. Kinda drunk now. Feel off limits even thigh i think he wouldn't care
Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #1888
awesomechinz

Just follow your loins!

brown magic
Old 05-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #1889
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomechinz View Post
Just follow your loins!
Lol, that's terrible advice.My loins say smash, my Brian says maybe your shouldn't
Old 05-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #1890
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Trashcan ... you want to live up to your name?
You started off by saying a good friend's ex ... wtf
Don't do it
Either go talk to the friend about it first or just forget it (and in this case it doesn't seem like something you would feel comfortable talking to your friend about)

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #1891
awesomechinz

Quote:
Lol, that's terrible advice.My loins say smash, my Brian says maybe your shouldn't
Well I have no clue what a Brian is, although I know a guy named Brian, but I hear that the conscience is normally found in the brain

brown magic
Old 05-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #1892
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Who's Brian?
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #1893
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:

so because it's been 3 more months it means something different? While I agree, it seems like she may have had a thing for you, it's not impossible that she wants to make him jealous. Either way don't do it. You know it's wrong. Something tells me she's white trash anyway.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #1894
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
Yeah the thing is we had real good rapport, before I got her number again we had good message exchanges on fbook, flirty, friendly, but it could be just that and nothing more. I can't tell if her last attempt was legitimate, or if it was just to validate that I'd be interested. I never over did it with the contacting her, let time come between, kept distance..but the reason I feel the last time we texted might not be legitimate is because what happened prior to our last interaction before I moved here..

basically she told me to shoot her a text when I'm in town, she mentioned she would be out day drinking one day and coincidentally I was going to be in town as well so I said we should meet up..she then responded she didn't end up going out..seemed like a cop out so I didn't respond..which led to 2 weeks later her texting me thinking she saw me out, me telling her to meet me..well you guys know the rest..so it's been a few months, I moved to the area and im like idk...I'm not desperate, I know my worth, and I already put myself out there, still interested but don't want to be a chump..save the games for some other guy. But at the same time, I'm down to meet up, if it's a legit meet up and her not playing games to feel wanted or something.
If it doesn't matter to you keep on doing you and let her try and play catch up as it were. You seem to be doing fine keeping her interested enough, but at some point she'll either meet up with you and you can gauge it from there if she is interested in you or it's just not worth the effort at which point just become more and more distant and move on.

Quote:
Question: what are the boundaries for a good friends ex?

She bar tends at a bar i go to kinda often. Started kissing on me in pictures last time i was there and always hooks me up with free drinks and food. Now she added me on fb, has been messaging me a lot and wants to get together and it feels like she wants more then just friends.

They dated for like 1-2 years and lived together for a bit and about a year + ago they broke up (not on good terms).

It feels wrong to me, but i want some input.
Two things, A: talk to your friend just lay it out like an adult and B: if it feels bad odds are it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Don't do it
Either go talk to the friend about it first or just forget it (and in this case it doesn't seem like something you would feel comfortable talking to your friend about)
[bimmerapp]
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
so because it's been 3 more months it means something different? While I agree, it seems like she may have had a thing for you, it's not impossible that she wants to make him jealous. Either way don't do it. You know it's wrong. Something tells me she's white trash anyway.
+1
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #1895
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
[QUOTE=mcr_driver;15437567]If it doesn't matter to you keep on doing you and let her try and play catch up as it were. You seem to be doing fine keeping her interested enough, but at some point she'll either meet up with you and you can gauge it from there if she is interested in you or it's just not worth the effort at which point just become more and more distant and move on.

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head..everyone has told me not to contact her, I like her but it's like fuuck man..she ended it with me, I reached out to her..if anything I run into her then so be it and move on..hard to move on though I really liked her but what choice do I have. Keep doing me and things may work out or not, either way it's out of my hands at this point I figure.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #1896
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Don't do it

[bimmerapp]
I'll tell him i went to a cookout with her and just stop talking to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Idk where you got 3 months from. I said if it was 6-9 months ago i would be worried she was trying to get back at him, but it should be past that point. She always tried to setup a 4 some with her n him and me n my gf at the time (we were going to but somebody tried to step in at a party and that didn't go over so well and the idea died then).

She's not white trash. She's a really cute Mexican (never been with a Mexican, wanna get that off the check list) and she's actually somewhat reserved and stays pretty classy (other than the 4 some idea) she's been telling me how she wants to come over and cook me a real Mexican dinner.

Nonetheless, all that said, you guys are right and I'll completely stop pursuit and let her know i feel uncomfortable with the situation and tell my buddy i went to a cookout with her, didn't feel right and I'm sorry, i shouldn't have.

Thanks for the good guidance guys!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #1897
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
i need some advice on dumping a chick. i've never dumped someone in a situation where she had no idea that anything was wrong. she just plain bores the crap out of me; i can't take it anymore.

ive been seeing her for a month (although she was gone for 2 weeks visiting her parents, so we actually dated for 2 weeks and texted for 2 weeks) and we havent slept together. can i do this over the phone? should i dump her face-to-face?
Old 05-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #1898
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
Face to face. Just be like it's not working out. It's not you, it's me!
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #1899
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
i need some advice on dumping a chick. i've never dumped someone in a situation where she had no idea that anything was wrong. she just plain bores the crap out of me; i can't take it anymore.

ive been seeing her for a month (although she was gone for 2 weeks visiting her parents, so we actually dated for 2 weeks and texted for 2 weeks) and we havent slept together. can i do this over the phone? should i dump her face-to-face?
usually I'd say face to face but you are in a month. Just do what's easiest. Tell her you gotta go power clean and didn't have time to meet up.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #1900
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
face to face, be honest her we both want different things and you don't want to inhibit or hinder her interests that she is passionate about while you aren't.

oh plus the fact she won't give it up either