E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #21
Tiag46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,247
My Ride: e46
So sexy
__________________
Tiag46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #22
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,687
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
If you want more guard clearance you're going to have to run more -ve camber
And possibly remove the clip that joins the side of the rear bar to the 3/4 panel (if not done so already)
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #23
N4NOOK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Victoria AUS
Posts: 1,372
My Ride: 323ci
Nice car bro, love the 95's my fav oem wheel

Just one thing that is giving me a slight twitch, the sub looks massively choked...from memory those subs need a minimum 3cu/ft in a ported setup...i realise the space constraints though...heres my 2.2 cubes setup

N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #24
Goondaddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,109
My Ride: 2002 325ci
Mate, it looks absolutely killer! Glad you got all those rubbing issues sorted out, I got a mate with a Subaru RS who just keeps chewing through his tyres due to his laziness to getting the guards rolled (I guess the tyres are slowly doing that for him).
Goondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #25
steve.k
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,329
My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evap View Post
Style 95s only came in 19" off the e65. Maybe Borbet made them in 18" for another car, though. Can you look on the back and see if they're Borbet brand?

And they do rub.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Bimmer App
Oh damn! I will definitely have a look tonight for any part numbers.. I would love them in 19s but I would have to raise my car! I seriously love them on your car though. Looks a million bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean320ci View Post
So sexy
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post
If you want more guard clearance you're going to have to run more -ve camber
And possibly remove the clip that joins the side of the rear bar to the 3/4 panel (if not done so already)
Yeah bro I am going to order some rear camber arms soon. Hopefully that will give me the clearance I need. I had to shave the rear bumper and remove the clips to fit these on!! It doesn't rub as much now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4NOOK View Post
Nice car bro, love the 95's my fav oem wheel

Just one thing that is giving me a slight twitch, the sub looks massively choked...from memory those subs need a minimum 3cu/ft in a ported setup...i realise the space constraints though...heres my 2.2 cubes setup

Thanks man!
Well I was going to do a ported set up but obviously couldn't make the box big enough, so had to do it sealed... Looked up the specs and built the box.. It goes insanely loud, I'm honestly thinking of downgrading.
Ps the photo you posted won't show up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goondaddy View Post
Mate, it looks absolutely killer! Glad you got all those rubbing issues sorted out, I got a mate with a Subaru RS who just keeps chewing through his tyres due to his laziness to getting the guards rolled (I guess the tyres are slowly doing that for him).
Thanks goon! Appreciate it.
Well I guess i have sorted the problems out temporarily. Funny you say that because my cousin who has a 2010 RS had his guards rolled the same day I did mine. Before he got them rolled it was scrubbing everywhere... Now it is perfect.
Damn you should tell your mate to get the guards rolled ASAP as it can warp and sometimes rip off the guards!
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #26
N4NOOK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Victoria AUS
Posts: 1,372
My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie.k View Post
Thanks man!
Well I was going to do a ported set up but obviously couldn't make the box big enough, so had to do it sealed... Looked up the specs and built the box.. It goes insanely loud, I'm honestly thinking of downgrading.
Ps the photo you posted won't show up!!
yeah car audio is a pain of a hobby...at teh end of the day if it works and makes you happy that is all that matters. same deal with everything in life really..

ps take two on the pic and yes i know it's upside down

N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
steve.k
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,329
My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4NOOK View Post
yeah car audio is a pain of a hobby...at teh end of the day if it works and makes you happy that is all that matters. same deal with everything in life really..

ps take two on the pic and yes i know it's upside down

Yeah exactly. Well thankfully mine works perfect so I'm happy!
Haha I guess it's upside down for a reason.
Your setup looks really good!! I like how you've hidden the power cables under neath the floor on the right. Although I would have put the L brackets to mount the box at the back so they aren't visible... Unless you can't see them once you put the front facia on? Also, does your battery cover fit on? I upgraded batteries to an optima blue top and the oem cover doesn't fit. I will have to build one and incorporate it into the layout.
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #28
N4NOOK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Victoria AUS
Posts: 1,372
My Ride: 323ci
Yeah upside because i ran out of 8g wire haha always the case when doing DIY something has to go not according to plan or maybe its just me being lazy...
The L brackets were a temp solution, the box is no tied down at the back via the parcel shelf but that is changing again as I am flipping it so the sub is facing the cabin when new amp arrives.
No my oem batt cover don't fit no more either, i am actullay in the process of designing a custom cover made of perspex, got a mate of a mate who runs a plastics business who can mould one up.
I wanna do something dark blue or even a dark green but transparent enough to see the volt meter on new positive terminal going in.
N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #29
steve.k
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,329
My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4NOOK View Post
Yeah upside because i ran out of 8g wire haha always the case when doing DIY something has to go not according to plan or maybe its just me being lazy...
The L brackets were a temp solution, the box is no tied down at the back via the parcel shelf but that is changing again as I am flipping it so the sub is facing the cabin when new amp arrives.
No my oem batt cover don't fit no more either, i am actullay in the process of designing a custom cover made of perspex, got a mate of a mate who runs a plastics business who can mould one up.
I wanna do something dark blue or even a dark green but transparent enough to see the volt meter on new positive terminal going in.
Yeah man i know how it gets. Well as long as its working fine!
I heard the four doors have a metal wall behind the backs seats or something?? Some dude was telling me that its hard to get big bass out of the sedans because of that...
What amp are you getting? I need to get a new 4ch amp for my speakers cause my soundstream (sh1t) one is playing up. Im thinking of one of those small alpine amps..
I'm definitely keen to see how your battery cover turns out. I was thinking about making it out of wood and covering it with carpet to match but maybe i just get one made out of perspex too, going off the oem design.
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #30
aar0n_91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: sydney
Posts: 2,327
My Ride: 05 BMW325CI///MSport
theres a mad spot under the bridge. looks at lunar park as well. its the road that is two way, but one lane wide, so there a traffic lights controlling the direction of traffic if that makes sense.

ps not digging your black grills at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the chrome compliments your light coloured wheels.........
__________________

BMW 325 CI ///M-SPORT INDIVIDUAL
aar0n_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #31
Rafal323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nj
Posts: 7
My Ride: Bmw
Do you want to sell your clss rims?
Rafal323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #32
steevee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 102
My Ride: 2001 325i
So you say your boot setup isnt completed .

Heres a close up shot of mine if its worth anything for ideas.
steevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 AM   #33
Mitch E46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Newcastle, NSW
Posts: 1,931
My Ride: M3 Convertible
Very nice Steve!


Quote:
Originally Posted by aar0n_91 View Post
theres a mad spot under the bridge. looks at lunar park as well. its the road that is two way, but one lane wide, so there a traffic lights controlling the direction of traffic if that makes sense.
Hickson Rd
__________________

Mitch E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #34
N4NOOK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Victoria AUS
Posts: 1,372
My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie.k View Post
Yeah man i know how it gets. Well as long as its working fine!
I heard the four doors have a metal wall behind the backs seats or something?? Some dude was telling me that its hard to get big bass out of the sedans because of that...
What amp are you getting? I need to get a new 4ch amp for my speakers cause my soundstream (sh1t) one is playing up. Im thinking of one of those small alpine amps..
I'm definitely keen to see how your battery cover turns out. I was thinking about making it out of wood and covering it with carpet to match but maybe i just get one made out of perspex too, going off the oem design.
Mines a coupe so no probs getting sub bass in the cabin!
I am purely facing the sub forward for comestics to go along with the amp rack mounted on the back of the fold down seats.
Along with the new cd deck, tweeter amp and crossover to go in.
I am getting the matching hifonics sub amp [brutus blx1700.1] to get it pushing some more air, its massively underpowered at the moment with only 1000wrms

With the batt cover, we thinking of making up 2 types, 1 purely moulded perspex and the other some carpeted mdf with a lil perspex window.
They are getting out of habd though, been rambling on about extching a roundel and fixing a small neon inside haha

too many things left to do though, i'll let you know once we make a start on the covers
N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #35
steve.k
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,329
My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafal323 View Post
Do you want to sell your clss rims?
Where are you from? Does Nj stand for New Jersey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevee View Post
So you say your boot setup isnt completed .

Heres a close up shot of mine if its worth anything for ideas.
Looks nice and clean man. Is that an alpine amp mounted to the back seat? If so, how do you find it? Im thinking of getting an 4ch alpine for my speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4NOOK View Post
Mines a coupe so no probs getting sub bass in the cabin!
I am purely facing the sub forward for comestics to go along with the amp rack mounted on the back of the fold down seats.
Along with the new cd deck, tweeter amp and crossover to go in.
I am getting the matching hifonics sub amp [brutus blx1700.1] to get it pushing some more air, its massively underpowered at the moment with only 1000wrms

With the batt cover, we thinking of making up 2 types, 1 purely moulded perspex and the other some carpeted mdf with a lil perspex window.
They are getting out of habd though, been rambling on about extching a roundel and fixing a small neon inside haha

too many things left to do though, i'll let you know once we make a start on the covers
When you say forward does that mean your sub will be facing the back of the seat? So in other words when you put your back seats down you will be able to see the sub and amp rack? that would be pretty cool i guess!!
Are you running your speakers to an amp or just off the HU?

Yea i am interested to see this custom cover for the battery!! The guy might have to make another one for me! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch E46 View Post
Very nice Steve!
Thanks Mitch! You keen for joining our photoshoot? We still need to organise it..... Got any ideas on time and place?
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #36
YGOAMG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside: Melbourne
Posts: 11,687
My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
I really like this setup!!

i should probs think about doing a nice wheel setup.. but cbf with the mucking around
Buying the rims, getting tyres, guards rolled
__________________

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #37
steevee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 102
My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie.k View Post
Looks nice and clean man. Is that an alpine amp mounted to the back seat? If so, how do you find it? Im thinking of getting an 4ch alpine for my speakers.
Yea, im running a full Alpine Type R setup, powered by that 5chan alpine amp(MRX-V60)

Its out of the way so it cant get damaged. But its a 5chan and I'm under powering my sub by using it. So on my list is to get a monoblock to handle the sub, and that will be mounted behind the sub on the back of the seat as well.

Last edited by steevee; 03-07-2012 at 08:28 PM.
steevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #38
steve.k
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,329
My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post
I really like this setup!!

i should probs think about doing a nice wheel setup.. but cbf with the mucking around
Buying the rims, getting tyres, guards rolled
Yeah man you have to. I was heapss cbf about it too, especially when it came to raising and lowering the car multiple times, changing the wheels around etc. and im still not finished yet.... powdercoating the rims is going to be a b1tch... taking the wheels off, rubber off, putting my 68's back on temporarily again, sandblasting, painting, rubber back on, rims back on... what a headache lol.
But i guess it keeps you occupied on days that you have nothing better to do!
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #39
steve.k
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,329
My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by steevee View Post
Its out of the way so it cant get damaged. But its a 5chan and I'm under powering my sub by using it. So on my list is to get a monoblock to handle the sub, and that will be mounted behind the sub on the back of the seat as well.
Sounds like a good set up, cause then you can use the 5ch to amp your speakers. Post up some pics when its all done! Are you planning to do any custom work like an amp rack on display or something? that would be cool.
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #40
steevee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 102
My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie.k View Post
Sounds like a good set up, cause then you can use the 5ch to amp your speakers. Post up some pics when its all done! Are you planning to do any custom work like an amp rack on display or something? that would be cool.
It already is powering my speakers .... Nah no displays in mind, the sub already takes up half my boot =\
steevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use