E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #81
ryannel2003

My Ride: '04 Cadillac Deville
Great looking car! Your diff bushing didn't look so bad... mine was cracked almost all the way around. Unfortunately my clunking came back so I'm going to have to live with it
Old 06-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #82
briangl92

My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
My Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
Great looking car! Your diff bushing didn't look so bad... mine was cracked almost all the way around. Unfortunately my clunking came back so I'm going to have to live with it
Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. I think it's my RSMs. They ended up not getting replaced when I did my suspension so they're overdue. I have new ones waiting to go in.

Nothing much has happened to the car lately. I soldered in my backup sensors since none of the wire taps were holding. They work perfectly now. I have a pile of stuff ready for Inspection II in 3900 miles. Nothing too exciting haha.

Sent from my iPhone
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #83
ryannel2003

Yeah it's annoying for sure to let off the gas or step on it and have the diff clunking. It's not as bad as it was before I fixed it but I might pay somebody to fix it eventually. Maybe a fluid change will help considering I don't know if it's ever been changed lol.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #84
briangl92

My Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
Yeah it's annoying for sure to let off the gas or step on it and have the diff clunking. It's not as bad as it was before I fixed it but I might pay somebody to fix it eventually. Maybe a fluid change will help considering I don't know if it's ever been changed lol.
My diff fluid was changed 30-40k miles ago but it's gonna be replaced again shortly. My clunking is most noticeable over speed bumps, which is why I think it's my RSMs.

I used to get a clunking in manual mode when I would downshift. It's quieted down quite a bit with the new bushings.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #85
ryannel2003

Oh yeah I did the suspension on my car back in December. My car had the exact same noise when going over speed bumps. Do you have any more plans for the car soon?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #86
iRide113

My Ride: 2004 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangl92 View Post

My car got a few Christmas gifts...e90 style wheel caps, an aftermarket PDC system with the OEM rear bumper strip, 5000K Philips 85122CX bulbs, and a black BMW plate frame
Which PDC system did you get? I'm interested in getting one also. Thanks!
iRide113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #87
briangl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRide113 View Post
Which PDC system did you get? I'm interested in getting one also. Thanks!
This one:

http://www.amazon.com/XD-066-Display...backup+sensors

It's cheap and works incredibly well. The only issue I had was the wire tap I used wouldn't stay, so I soldered the positive wire to the reverse light wire. No issues with the system itself, though.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #88
iRide113

My Ride: 2004 325i
Re: My Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangl92 View Post
This one:

http://www.amazon.com/XD-066-Display...backup+sensors

It's cheap and works incredibly well. The only issue I had was the wire tap I used wouldn't stay, so I soldered the positive wire to the reverse light wire. No issues with the system itself, though.
Sweet. That awesome. How exactly did you get the display to fit under the rear headrest? Do you have a DIY you followed or just went for it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using BimmerApp mobile app
iRide113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #89
briangl92

I just went with it. I ran the 4 sensor wires through the vent that sits behind the bumper (just behind the passenger rear wheel), and it comes out just above the battery. From there, it's simple connections into the module, then the feed for the display got routed behind the trunk liner up to the cable pass-through. There's a cable pass-through in the upper passenger side corner of the back seat where the vehicle wiring harness goes through the rear seat frame. I passed the wire through there (from the trunk), and ran the wire behind the seat back, then had the display come out under the headrest. The headrest pushes down enough that the display stays without any adhesive.

Also of note, I tapped into the reverse light wire in the trunk, not in the trunk lid. I took the trunk lid liner down to identify which wire it was (I don't remember off the top of my head which it was), then went in the trunk and looked at the wires going into the "elephant trunk" and found the wire.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #90
trancenation

My Ride: 330i
Cool looking car. Maybe I'll swing by the meets one day and see it. What kind of grills do you have on there?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #91
briangl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
Cool looking car. Maybe I'll swing by the meets one day and see it. What kind of grills do you have on there?

They were from JLevi back when they were local. My OEM ones had tabs breaking off.

Recently my car has had it's Vanos seals and VCG replaced...the engine is so much smoother now and seems to be more powerful I'm dealing with a jerkiness when driving uphill though, and a hard downshift into 4th. No codes or anything
Old 08-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #92
Beamin-Bajaj

My Ride: 2002 325xi
for the pdc, did you drill the oem bumper trim so the sensors would fit?
Beamin-Bajaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #93
briangl92

My Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamin-Bajaj View Post
for the pdc, did you drill the oem bumper trim so the sensors would fit?
Nope. OEM PDC strip. Much cleaner appearance than if I had drilled it. I need to redo the reverse light tap again. I think my soldered joint broke.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #94
briangl92

Well, we (cyberkaa and myself) dropped my transmission (ZF 5HP19 with a 09 code), and found the internals had shredded themselves to bits. There were metal shavings everywhere. The magnets were completely covered in metal shavings and the filter was clogged.

My friend mtnbound was planning on a 6-speed swap (albeit, not at the moment) and was gracious enough to let cyberkaa and me drop his transmisison. His transmission, despite being out of a pre-facelift vert had a newer production code than mine (ZF 5HP19 with a 10 code). The new-to-me transmission will go in tonight!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #95
briangl92

Now that the car is finally working in tip top shape, I figured I'd treat it to a few upgrades...wheels and BBK on the way
Old 09-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #96
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #97
323ci newbie

My Ride: mkodama
still needs a drop
Old 11-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #98
briangl92

My Build Thread

I should be getting my BBK around New Years

Car is going to the dealership for some warranty work and to have the 119s touched up then those will be sold. New wheels need tires and my rear fenders need rolling.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #99
briangl92

Michelin needs to put the PSS on rebate....yesterday. I want my 189s on

Tags
boring, briangletalkslikeacowboy, build thread, not much flavor, soldwhenwarrantyisup, sulev