E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
FISH330XI

My Ride: 03' 330xi
Dynavin Stock is in

Just a heads up I went to the Dynavin Solutions site Via the sponsor page, and the E46 D99 WinCE is avail. for sale. Mine arrives on Tuesday.
FISH330XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
mind if i ask why you pick the d99 winCE instead of android platform?
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
moiz21

My Ride: 1999 323i 5-SPD
I am leaning towards getting the winCE as well. From what I have read, if you are planning on using GPS you would need to tether the android to your cell to get a signal, if my research is correct.

MODS
P46 Projectors + FX-R Retrofit + 6k D2S / 60 LED AE's / Smoked LED Tails / Smoked Turn and Side Markers / BSW 10" Sub /ZHP Knob / Matte Black Grills / DICE / Parrot + Connects2 / OEM Alternative Alarm Mod / Clutch Switch Delay Mod / M3 Rep Front Bumper / 3M Black CF Di-Noc Wrap / K&N Intake / 35% Tint All Around / Black Short Eurotray / 545i Shifter
moiz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Wickedly

My Ride: BMW 2003 325i
so the WinCE has GPS for free and everything else is about the same? I would love to see a video to video comparison. I see the Android platform for the D99 but havent seen the WinCE
Wickedly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
FISH330XI

I heard the same with the gps. and I'm just not an Android guy. Plus if you go on the site only the WinCE is avail. I spoke to Jeff and he said he has allot but they are flying off the shelves. I will post after I do my Install.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
brontosaurus

My Ride: 2002 330i 5mt
These are flying off the shelves with one that costs half as much available? Weird.
brontosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
FISH330XI

Where is the half off one. link the thread
Old 03-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
kvinal

My Ride: 323i
Search enco-b146 or enco-b046
kvinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
FISH330XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvinal View Post
Search enco-b146 or enco-b046
???
Link the thread
Old 03-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #10
kvinal

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=896677
Old 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #11
FISH330XI

Quote:
Thanks for posting, I just read 36 pages and it sounds like a great unit. But I'd rather pay more and know what I am getting and have the peace of mind knowing I can get in touch with Dynavin solutions at the click of a mouse or a quick phone call. With Dynavin being at the version it is and with the support you get. it just goes to show. the old saying holds true.
"You get what you pay for"
Old 03-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
FISH330XI

WOW, out of Stock already. Flying off the shelves,
Old 03-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
Dirty330i

My Ride: 04 330i, 07 Z4M
Quote:
Thanks for that! I've been wanting a Dynavin for a while but although it looks like an amazing product the price has held me back... Read the entire Enco thread and ordered two! One for me and one for my buddy... I'm sure the Dynavin is more polished and over all better but for the price and the stuff I need it for hopefully the Enco should suffice.
Dirty330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #14
kvinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty330i View Post
Thanks for that! I've been wanting a Dynavin for a while but although it looks like an amazing product the price has held me back... Read the entire Enco thread and ordered two! One for me and one for my buddy... I'm sure the Dynavin is more polished and over all better but for the price and the stuff I need it for hopefully the Enco should suffice.
No problem I'm enjoying mine.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #15
FISH330XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty330i View Post
Def. a big difference in the price but I'm sure there is a big difference in the customer support end also. since I received my Dynavin, I have been in contact with Jeff a few times once to order extension cables for the USB's and Headphone jacks, and a couple of others just picking his brain for mounting locations and other things. I have always received super fast answeres and support. Also Jeff has been involved in the development of the Dynavins since Version 1 came out. They are up to Version six and they just keep getting better. if the Enco was a direct copy or supposedly better, why isn't the WIFI working, and why are the sales people saying and I'm quoting. "It is software issue,we have 50pcs orders every days... we won't replace new software recently...that is future plan,but not now,maybe after seversal months...." "please don't hesitate to make order now..." sounds like they are looking for a fix. but will not fix the ones already bought. sounds weird. Anyway good luck, I hope it all works out. If you don't use the wifi. stay away from the Android version.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #16
FISH330XI

OK, I will be installing the Dynavin Tomorrow. I installed the backup camera today just to get it out of the way it is a Audiovox CMOS2 fits like a glove in the trunk Keyhole, just remove the cylinder and use the same rubber gromet/weather stripping and you are in. More pics to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Audiovox CMOS2 #1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	442547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Audiovox CMOS2 #2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	442548  
Old 03-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #17
kvinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH330XI View Post
Def. a big difference in the price but I'm sure there is a big difference in the customer support end also. since I received my Dynavin, I have been in contact with Jeff a few times once to order extension cables for the USB's and Headphone jacks, and a couple of others just picking his brain for mounting locations and other things. I have always received super fast answeres and support. Also Jeff has been involved in the development of the Dynavins since Version 1 came out. They are up to Version six and they just keep getting better. if the Enco was a direct copy or supposedly better, why isn't the WIFI working, and why are the sales people saying and I'm quoting. "It is software issue,we have 50pcs orders every days... we won't replace new software recently...that is future plan,but not now,maybe after seversal months...." "please don't hesitate to make order now..." sounds like they are looking for a fix. but will not fix the ones already bought. sounds weird. Anyway good luck, I hope it all works out. If you don't use the wifi. stay away from the Android version.
I totally agree with u. Dynavin is a superior product. But for me I just needed the look upgrade, gps usage, and Bluetooth. Don't need to surf the web while in my car. I don't need support I'm pretty handy. I have heard amazing things about Jeff and his service and if price was closer I would have dealt with him. Filet mignon is better than a juicy cheeseburger but both good depends on what your craving.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
FISH330XI

Quote:
I totally agree with u. Dynavin is a superior product. But for me I just needed the look upgrade, gps usage, and Bluetooth. Don't need to surf the web while in my car. I don't need support I'm pretty handy. I have heard amazing things about Jeff and his service and if price was closer I would have dealt with him. Filet mignon is better than a juicy cheeseburger but both good depends on what your craving.
Agreed, I also did not need the internet in my car. So i went with the WinCe version, but I feel for all the people that went the Android route with the Enco and now are waiting on a fix that they may not get. according to the person I quoted before. It just sucks. Glad yours is working well for you. Did you add the Backup camera. That Audiovox that I used is great.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #19
kvinal

I may buy that camera. I can't see in reverse with my tint on windows + smoked tails even with the Cree led reverse bulbs.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #20
FISH330XI

Quote:
I may buy that camera. I can't see in reverse with my tint on windows + smoked tails even with the Cree led reverse bulbs.
Yeah I would say get it. before you run over your neighbors cat, or worse.