E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
chris98891

My Ride: '01 325i
Send a message via AIM to chris98891
Soundplicity or other Dice Replacements

Hey guys, I've had it with my original Dice. Sound quality is horrendous even after installing line filters, it constantly freezes, and I'm ready to move on.

I'm looking for something that can play my iPod, which now just stays in the car, and hopefully my phone (3.5mm). Any other features would just be bonuses.

My headunit doesn't have facatory AUX ability, and I'm not sure how much longer I'm keeping the car so I don't want to break the bank.

Has anybody tried the Soundplicity unit from BSW?
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...tegration-Kit/

Seems simple enough, but wouldn't be able to play my phone and I don't think I could use my current spec.dock.

Mediabridge would be nice, but the cheapest I've found is $210, and I sort of hate Dice right now.

So whatdya think, gentleman? Thanks.

chris98891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Silver325

My Ride: 2002 325i
I would really like to read a reply to your question from an experienced user as well. I searched BSW Soundplicity and this thread is the only hit I got. I keep reading a lot of complaints about the DICE units, and FM transmitters are the pits. EAS was offering a DICE FM modulator (Universal RDS/USB) a few years ago, but it seems they no longer offer it. I think it needed special adapters for BMW antenna plug-in and must have had other issues.

I am dumping my XM set-up (it has a built-in FM transmitter) and am thinking about installing this BSW Soundplicity coupled with the DICE G2 DCR-50 cradle.
http://diceelectronics.com/g2-cradle-specifications

The other question I have is, does the BSW Soundplicity plug into the back of the head unit? I couldn't find an install guide on their site.

Meyle control arms, M3 RTAB's, Bridgstone Potenza RE760
Silver325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
speedworksusa

My Ride: 325xi
I would like to hear feedback as well. I need a solution for my e39. It seems the Dice complains have been about sound quality.
speedworksusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
Silver325

Anyone?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
chris98891

I was king of hoping bsw would respond too

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Bimmer App

Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
A response is here! The kit is the most basic you will find. We sent out a few test pieces and will have some real world reviews shortly. However it works exactly as advertised and gives the functions that most users want. It is however as said an iPod/iPhone kit. No phone functions, Bluetooth or extra features are present. Just a simple to use, stable and great sounding iPod kit.

Soundplicity is installed 100% the same as the DICE. We will hook into the 3pin and 6pin iBus harness.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
speedworksusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston@BSW View Post
A response is here! The kit is the most basic you will find. We sent out a few test pieces and will have some real world reviews shortly. However it works exactly as advertised and gives the functions that most users want. It is however as said an iPod/iPhone kit. No phone functions, Bluetooth or extra features are present. Just a simple to use, stable and great sounding iPod kit.

Soundplicity is installed 100% the same as the DICE. We will hook into the 3pin and 6pin iBus harness.
Thanks for a response

* Any sound issues like what we've heard about the dice products?
* Will I have access to the full music library ?
* Any pricing discounts for member?
* Please send pricing info for the unit and DSP adapter to 01801.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedworksusa View Post
Thanks for a response

* Any sound issues like what we've heard about the dice products?
* Will I have access to the full music library ?
* Any pricing discounts for member?
* Please send pricing info for the unit and DSP adapter to 01801.

Thanks

No specials just yet as they really are flying out the door. I could offer free shipping if you were interested? Just shoot me an email rhp@bavsound.com

99.99 and 59.99 to our door.

We removed the text and other issues that would sometimes cause sound issues in customer's cars. It sounds great!

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Old 03-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
speedworksusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston@BSW View Post
No specials just yet as they really are flying out the door. I could offer free shipping if you were interested? Just shoot me an email rhp@bavsound.com

99.99 and 59.99 to our door.

We removed the text and other issues that would sometimes cause sound issues in customer's cars. It sounds great!
You have email under Joel. Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Thanks! Returning a few VMs from lunch and we'll get you all setup!

Old 03-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #11
chris98891

Is the plug in the soundplicity the same as the one from the dice? I have a spec.dock that i would hate to have to replace.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
Is the plug in the soundplicity the same as the one from the dice? I have a spec.dock that i would hate to have to replace.
Which version of the dock? We switched recently to a more universal dock that uses the 30pin Apple Dock Connector. This allows all kits to work no matter what. Some of the older docks will only be setup for one type of kit.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
chris98891

I have the original dice (pre-silverline)...the plug looks kinda like an S-Video cable

Old 03-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

This would need to updated. The Soundplicity uses the same style plug but would not experiment in trying to confirm it is 100% wired the same down the line.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:43 AM   #15
fchen83

My Ride: 2001 325i
I bought a BSW soundplicity and when I plugged it in there was no audio then the unit started smoking. I could change tracks but that's it. Waste of 100 bucks if you ask me.
fchen83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #16
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fchen83 View Post
I bought a BSW soundplicity and when I plugged it in there was no audio then the unit started smoking. I could change tracks but that's it. Waste of 100 bucks if you ask me.
Revival...is this still an issue?

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

My Ride: Bavsound
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
Revival...is this still an issue?
That was an odd case, and one I actually had dealt with personally. We have shipped 1000s of the Soundplicities at this point, and they have proven to be very stable units! If you had any further questions don't hesitate to contact us directly!

Bavsound | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404.381.1800

Jeremy Bavsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #18
ryannel2003

My Ride: '04 Cadillac Deville
I'm reviving an old thread here to see if I can get any answers to a few questions. I'm looking to get iPod controls in my 323 and I'm curious to know if the Soundplicity works with streaming apps like Pandora? I have an 8GB iPhone so putting my entire library on that is out of the question and 99% of the time I'm listening to Pandora anyways. Please let me know if you have any knowledge of this as I'm ready to order as soon as I have an answer. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #19
Silver325

I did end up getting one of these. Very happy with it, works exactly as advertised. Plug and play, no issues. I also use Pandora, it works perfectly. Getting a Dice G2 cradle soon, will report back how that works. Expect it will be just fine.

Last edited by Silver325; 02-19-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #20
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver325 View Post
I did end up getting one of these. Very happy with it, works exactly as advertised. Plug and play, no issues. I also use Pandora, it works perfectly. Getting a Dice G2 cradle soon, will report back how that works. Expect it will be just fine.
Thank you for your review. This is the most common review we get. It's called the Soundplicity for a reason. It's just simple. Works great!