E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #21
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
I'm reviving an old thread here to see if I can get any answers to a few questions. I'm looking to get iPod controls in my 323 and I'm curious to know if the Soundplicity works with streaming apps like Pandora? I have an 8GB iPhone so putting my entire library on that is out of the question and 99% of the time I'm listening to Pandora anyways. Please let me know if you have any knowledge of this as I'm ready to order as soon as I have an answer. Thanks.
I use Soundplicity every time I drive my M now. Works as advertised and quality of sound is slightly better through it.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #22
Silver325

My Ride: 2002 325i
Installed the G2 cradle. Zero issues. Soundplicity indeed! Plug and play, all the way!

Meyle control arms, M3 RTAB's, Bridgstone Potenza RE760
Silver325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #23
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Appreciate the comments guys. The whole idea behind the basic iPod kit was to remove the features that sometimes cause issues. Focus on the core features most owners want. Sound quality, steering wheel controls and charging.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #24
ZHPinthe103

My Ride: 325i Black on beige
Im have the sound plicity and the quality Is great
Old 02-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #25
emeraldisle

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Halston, can the soundplicity connect with the standard dice 7 wire trunk interface cable? Would be nice to not have to rip that out! Very interested. Thanks
emeraldisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #26
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

My Ride: Bavsound
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldisle View Post
Halston, can the soundplicity connect with the standard dice 7 wire trunk interface cable? Would be nice to not have to rip that out! Very interested. Thanks
It uses a different connector unfortunately so you would need to swap that out! All in all not too bad of a job though!

Bavsound | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404.381.1800

Jeremy Bavsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #27
babydocjd

My Ride: Bauer Vapor X 3.0
This whole thread sounds fishy too me...a bunch of nobodies giving this obscure product a good review with bad grammar, then someone says the thing caught smoke and stopped working, and someone else says they love the product...Tell me why Soundplicity has the same physical structure as the silverline duo by audiovox? I have a silverline and i've tried to get it to work on both my e46's and my x5 and this thing refuses to play music, only charge the ipod or whatever its connected to. The lack of reviews keeps me from investing anymore money into this thing. I wish USA-Spec would make a unit that works with bmw's with navigation, if they did I wouldn't need to make this post.

---J!E!T!S! JETS JETS Winnipeg Jets!---
babydocjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:53 PM   #28
bmax

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydocjd View Post
This whole thread sounds fishy too me...a bunch of nobodies giving this obscure product a good review with bad grammar, then someone says the thing caught smoke and stopped working, and someone else says they love the product...Tell me why Soundplicity has the same physical structure as the silverline duo by audiovox? I have a silverline and i've tried to get it to work on both my e46's and my x5 and this thing refuses to play music, only charge the ipod or whatever its connected to. The lack of reviews keeps me from investing anymore money into this thing. I wish USA-Spec would make a unit that works with bmw's with navigation, if they did I wouldn't need to make this post.
You are probably right on! This "Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum' is sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerk! You can read all my post regarding their dice/soundplicity. I may be kicked out from this site because of my negative comments. Till then, I try to inform consumers like you and me!
bmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #29
babydocjd

My Ride: Bauer Vapor X 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmax View Post
You are probably right on! This "Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum' is sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerk! You can read all my post regarding their dice/soundplicity. I may be kicked out from this site because of my negative comments. Till then, I try to inform consumers like you and me!
An informed consumer is an advantaged consumer, so thanks for your service man. Well I have to give This company a little credit, my wife was able to get it(silverline duo by audiovox) to finally work last night by pressing 5 or 6 on the oem headunit and pressing up and down on the steering wheel controls. Now I just have to run the wires to the arm rest and see how long and efficient it works for.

---J!E!T!S! JETS JETS Winnipeg Jets!---
babydocjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #30
chris98891

My Ride: '01 325i
Send a message via AIM to chris98891
I've moved on from my E46, but I always went to BSW with any sound questions. Even if it wasn't their problem, they went out of their way to provide support. I don't believe that BSW would ever fund something like that, as they never even so much as requested that I write a review for them on the forums or other websites. DICE, maybe, as I've never really dealt with that company. But with BSW being such a long time supporter of the forum I think something would have surfaced in the 2 years since this thread was made if there was a conspiracy.

chris98891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #31
Silver325

My Ride: 2002 325i
FYI, I did not install the more suffisticated "Dice" type unit, just the basic one. All I wanted was volume and skip forward control from my steering wheel controls. That is what I got, plug and play. Not sure, but it seems like many of the issues are coming from folks with nav style head units????

Meyle control arms, M3 RTAB's, Bridgstone Potenza RE760
Silver325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #32
TRMTuning

My Ride: Boosted E36
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydocjd View Post

Having installed here at the shop a few of these the basic kit doesn't have the same packaging, connections or operation. There is other versions of it. So not sure exactly what you mean.
TRMTuning is offline   Reply With Quote