E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 183 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 03:29 AM   #481
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 242spot View Post
IM SO FRUSTRATED !!

Today my USB hub turned up. The one as suggested on this forum.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i01_details

It still does not work!! AHHH so f...ing annoying thats 3 USB hubs and 3 Bluetooth dongles. (one of each known as working)
I have M3evo's latest rom which does improve things but I'm still ready to throw a brick at this f...ing pice of crap.

To top that off the parking sensors or aircon status still don't even work!
(installed in my VW passat 08)

I wrote a shitty letter to dynavin today and I'm looking to return this unit due to false advertising.

Can anybody suggest any help getting BT and a USB hub working I have run out of will and really would appreciate any help.
Are you plugging the hub directly into the Dynavin or are you using a USB extension lead?

The reason I ask is because I couldn't get any hub (nor anything pluged into the hub) to work until I discovered the USB extension lead between the hub and the Dynavin was knackered - hub was receiving power but there was a break in the connection somewhere - I dicovered this purely by process of elimination because I knew the hub worked on my PC!
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #482
242spot

My Ride: VW
Yeah I tried pluging it directly into the unit. Still no luck! Really unsure about where to go from here?
242spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:58 AM   #483
CTRob

Quote:
Yeah I tried pluging it directly into the unit. Still no luck! Really unsure about where to go from here?
Crap that's all I can think of then sorry pal
Old 06-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #484
ficu

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
IM SO FRUSTRATED !!

Today my USB hub turned up. The one as suggested on this forum.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i01_details

It still does not work!! AHHH so f...ing annoying thats 3 USB hubs and 3 Bluetooth dongles. (one of each known as working)
I have M3evo's latest rom which does improve things but I'm still ready to throw a brick at this f...ing pice of crap.

To top that off the parking sensors or aircon status still don't even work!
(installed in my VW passat 08)

I wrote a shitty letter to dynavin today and I'm looking to return this unit due to false advertising.

Can anybody suggest any help getting BT and a USB hub working I have run out of will and really would appreciate any help.
Hi
The parking sensors and aircon display you can't see because of your car's year model. Only from 2009 vw changed the canbus gateway and some other modules that send this information through the canbus system to the multimedia unit.
Related to the bluetooth until you have the right usb hub i don't think any bluetooth dongle will work. I tried with 3 bluetooth dongles and none of them worked until i connected them through the right hub. I use Belkin hub and with this hub all the bluetooth dongles work.

Hope this helps
ficu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #485
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
For those of you who can play media off of a flash drive on the android side, what media player are you using to access the /udisk folder?

I can't seem to find one that does?
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #486
MrAngry

My Ride: W211
Hey m3evolution
I've updated my Dyna MBE with your awesome ROM! Just wanted to say great thanks, everything's working just as it should. Don't even wanna trash the balance with any apps, will test for awhile how it works clean (stock rom started lagging on the second day). Looking very much forward to getting hands on the Gingerbread beta.
Love your brain, man! Nicely done!
MrAngry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #487
242spot

FICU,

Thanks for the reply.
Dynavin UK have sent me a free reversing camera in good will for not informing me of the parking sensors / air con NON compatibility. So I can't complain!

Interestingly there are some good articles about retrofitting OPS systems (optical parking system) into PDC cars. I may go down this route when i have time.

With regards to the bluetooth I'll try the BT adaptors in the HUB tonight.
However my WIFI dongle stops working when i plug it in the hub. Is this normal?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #488
242spot

Well I'll be!

Plugged the Belkin bluetooth dongle into the Belkin USB hub and bingo it started working! Bluetooth now up and running. Strange thing is i plugged in the WIFI dongle and it works as well. Yesterday the wifi dongle would not work in the HUB now they both work. Strange!
But I'm happy its working. Thanks so much for your response.
A good day indeed BT WIFI and a free Camera!

It seems the WIFI is even more unstable on the HUB, does anyone else experience this??

I have started out with torque just now however after setting up a profile when i go to adaptor info it tells me BT OBD2 connected ok but BT OBD2 device unable to connect to car ECU. Is this cause i have the wrong OBD2 device or is there some more setting up to do somewhere.
(Car Passat 08)

This is my ELM362
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1108168308...ht_1638wt_1185

Scott
Old 06-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #489
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
Gingerbread BETA release next Sunday with working touchscreen
How stable are we expecting this to be? Suitable as a daily driver? (pun intended! Haha)

From the desk of Dwight Schrute
Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #490
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
How did you get the touchscreen working, or are you still using the original kernel?

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #491
ficu

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Well I'll be!

Plugged the Belkin bluetooth dongle into the Belkin USB hub and bingo it started working! Bluetooth now up and running. Strange thing is i plugged in the WIFI dongle and it works as well. Yesterday the wifi dongle would not work in the HUB now they both work. Strange!
But I'm happy its working. Thanks so much for your response.
A good day indeed BT WIFI and a free Camera!

It seems the WIFI is even more unstable on the HUB, does anyone else experience this??

I have started out with torque just now however after setting up a profile when i go to adaptor info it tells me BT OBD2 connected ok but BT OBD2 device unable to connect to car ECU. Is this cause i have the wrong OBD2 device or is there some more setting up to do somewhere.
(Car Passat 08)

This is my ELM362
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1108168308...ht_1638wt_1185

Scott
Could be that the obd adapter that is malfunctioning. To test the flow of power connect the wifi adapter through the hub and if it works good that means it;s not the hub or the unit. There is also the option for people who want to connect a lot of thing to the usb port to choose a usb hub with external power supply from the cigarette lighter. This last option works very well.
ficu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #492
UniQue84

My Ride: E46 330i
Hello Guys.

I have problems with flashing my dynavin

Dont had a SD Card from Dynavin in my package. And, they wont sent me one, because i dont bought it by an licensed dealer. nice dynavin. so you win customers.....

I tried 6!! different MicroSD cards. Different capacities and all formatted with EaseUs Partition Manager:

Transcend MicroSD 2GB Fat16 64kb allocation active primary
SanDisk 4GB Fat16 64kb active primary
Noname 1GB Fat16 64kb active primary
Kingston MicroSDHC 8GB 64kb active primary
Noname 4GB Fat16 64kb active primary
Transcend MicroSDHC 16GB 64kb active primary

No one starts the flashing on my dynavin. can anybody help me please?

dont flashes the original update and the rom from m3 too....

frustrating

Many thanks and sorry for my bad english i am from germany.

regards

Chris
UniQue84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #493
UniQue84

Done. I found it myself. Dynavin unwittingly helped
Old 06-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #494
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniQue84 View Post
Done. I found it myself. Dynavin unwittingly helped
I just sent you an email on how to reformat your sdcard so it can flash again right before I read this.

Im glad you got it all worked out. If you get into trouble with the sdcard again follow the steps in the email I sent.

All version of my ROM is strictly for personal use and not to be commercially distributed.

Best way to contact me is at: m3evolution@gmail.com
Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #495
CTRob

Can't wait till Sunday :-)
Old 06-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #496
UniQue84

Yes M3. Thank you very much for your help. Pinned this in my inbox to find it again ;D

I am sooooo excited of your rom. The stock rom was still....... ugly It was sooo unusable. wifi problems, slow and process kills etc. but now with yours its amazing. so much fun with it, that i sit 2 hours in my car

Do you (or anyone) know which bluetooth usb adapter and bluetooth obd adapter i can use with this device and rom for the app torque? would be very cool to have

Thanks again

regards from germany

Chris
Old 06-22-2012, 05:22 AM   #497
UniQue84

Ehm. And have to buy an 3G Usb Modem i think. Tethering via iphone isnt that perfect i thought at first. in stand okay, but on moving nah. have read, that some works, some not. but not know exact models which work with this rom and device? i read the thread again. any suggestions ?

Chris
Old 06-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #498
b69m96

My Ride: Mercedes
Hello, I do not speak English, helped me with Google and is very hard for me to translate
1 - I have a Dynavin D-95 and I wonder if this ROM "M3Evolution" can be used.
2 - How to get it?

thanks
b69m96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #499
R75

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniQue84 View Post
Ehm. And have to buy an 3G Usb Modem i think. Tethering via iphone isnt that perfect i thought at first. in stand okay, but on moving nah. have read, that some works, some not. but not know exact models which work with this rom and device? i read the thread again. any suggestions ?

Chris
I have an iPhone 4S (5.1.1) attached using ie. Google maps. No problems.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #500
UniQue84

Quote:
Originally Posted by R75 View Post
I have an iPhone 4S (5.1.1) attached using ie. Google maps. No problems.
Hm. Have 4S too... are you using ios tethering oder Cydia App MyWii ? Dynavin has problems to connect to 4s wifi. after 5 - 10 retrys it works. Fix my Wifi is installed on the Dynavin.

Edit: aaah. With MyWii all is Fine

Last edited by UniQue84; 06-23-2012 at 09:03 AM.