E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 182 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #581
242spot

My Ride: VW
Quote:
I just flashed my d99 with the R150 rom. I have a question about the bluetooth. The bluetooth adapter does power up. I have tried with three different bluetooth adapters, including the Sabrent one people say works. They will pair with my Android phone, my ipad, ipad 3, and my macbook pro. However none of them will actually connect. A number of people have gotten bluetooth to work with with odb/torque. I did see it stated that when connected to the obd connector that the d99 states it is paired but not connected, although it really is connected. Until I get an obd connector, I won't be able to test torque functionality. I don't remember seeing anyone say they streamed audio from their phone to their d99. Does this work? I was hoping to be able to play podcasts on my phone and get them to stream to my the android side of the d99. My phone will stream audio with bluetooth though the parrot hardware on the radio side, but as everyone knows, when you go into reverse the audio stream switches to the radio. Also you can't stream bluetooth audio to the phone and switch to the android side to see the gps.
randylep

I had four different BT dongles, none worked until i plugged them into my belkin hub then pretty much all worked. Try plugging into a hub and see how you go.
242spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #582
randylep

My Ride: E46
I have tried it both ways. Connected directly into the GPS/USB cable of the d99, and running it through a hub. I had already thought of the possibility that it wouldn't work as a client before diemair posted that possibility, but I hoped I was wrong. I can get the android bluetooth to pair to my phone, ipad, or macbook pro but not connect. When I go into the d99 settings and click on the connect for my phone the d99 entry on the phone blinks, but does not connect. That makes me think that the d99 and android phone are talking to each other, but the d99 is telling the phone that it can't steam audio so won't connect. I guess tonight I need to try and stream audio from the d99 to some bluetooth headphones. Also I need to get the obdii bluetooth connected as another test.
randylep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #583
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
The Dynavin Android side does not have the drivers to be able to do any streaming etc via bluetooth. I tried building a new kernel and adding all the drivers for bluetooth, 3g modem, wifi etc so it would be easier for everybody to choose whatever adapters they wanted to use and it would just work like its supposed to! Only one problem with that though we would all lose touchscreen function because a certain company has not been willing to share that driver and other codes with us yet. I have tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randylep View Post
I have tried it both ways. Connected directly into the GPS/USB cable of the d99, and running it through a hub. I had already thought of the possibility that it wouldn't work as a client before diemair posted that possibility, but I hoped I was wrong. I can get the android bluetooth to pair to my phone, ipad, or macbook pro but not connect. When I go into the d99 settings and click on the connect for my phone the d99 entry on the phone blinks, but does not connect. That makes me think that the d99 and android phone are talking to each other, but the d99 is telling the phone that it can't steam audio so won't connect. I guess tonight I need to try and stream audio from the d99 to some bluetooth headphones. Also I need to get the obdii bluetooth connected as another test.

All version of my ROM is strictly for personal use and not to be commercially distributed.

Best way to contact me is at: m3evolution@gmail.com
Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:26 AM   #584
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Just out of interest M3E...if we didn't have touch screen control... would we be able to control the Dynavin on a new kernel using the hardware buttons?
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #585
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRob View Post
Just out of interest M3E...if we didn't have touch screen control... would we be able to control the Dynavin on a new kernel using the hardware buttons?
On a somewhat related note. I believe you said that in the newest version we have some input via the wheel controls. What functionality do we have? I use poweramp and haven't seen it there, is it available in a different media player? Or is the an app we should download that can change functionality of those buttons?
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #586
morningisbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
On a somewhat related note. I believe you said that in the newest version we have some input via the wheel controls. What functionality do we have? I use poweramp and haven't seen it there, is it available in a different media player? Or is the an app we should download that can change functionality of those buttons?
Answering my own question a bit...

Found an app that will remap the standard buttons: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...40&postcount=1

New question is, how are the hard buttons on the wheel currently mapped. Aka, when I press the UP button, what button does android see me pressing? It would be great if we could get some of the oddball buttons mapped. Like having the call button on the wheel mapped as a search button. Or having a button mapped directly as a home button (because the home button is often hard to get to).

My end goal would be to set up tasker to be triggered by one of these buttons to likely launch an app.
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #587
DeLuRe

My Ride: E38
Hi guys! I very badly understand English. Tell me please, where can I download the ROM R150 for Dynavin D99 and instructions for its installation. I would be very grateful for your reply.
Regards!
DeLuRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #588
CTRob

Quote:

Found an app that will remap the standard buttons: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...40&postcount=1

New question is, how are the hard buttons on the wheel currently mapped. Aka, when I press the UP button, what button does android see me pressing? It would be great if we could get some of the oddball buttons mapped. Like having the call button on the wheel mapped as a search button. Or having a button mapped directly as a home button (because the home button is often hard to get to).

My end goal would be to set up tasker to be triggered by one of these buttons to likely launch an app.
I think getting the buttons to work in conjunction with the touch screen would be ace ie left and right buttons for skipping tracks, pause for well pause lol and wheel button for track select or scroll etc.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #589
morningisbad

Quote:
I think getting the buttons to work in conjunction with the touch screen would be ace ie left and right buttons for skipping tracks, pause for well pause lol and wheel button for track select or scroll etc.
Damn...I didn't even think about the hard buttons on the Dynavin itself!

But I believe those are still active on the Dynavin side even while Android has focus.

From the desk of Dwight Schrute
Old 07-12-2012, 03:56 AM   #590
m3evolution

Quote:

No none of the hardware buttons on the Dynavin including the steering wheel buttons will work on the android side. None of the hardware buttons can communicate with the Android side it will only work on the radio side.

Im currently building a new system (not Dynavin) for my buddy's M3 that you can control Android just as you described with the steering wheel buttons. He was thinking of getting the D99 Dynavin or the Enco but read about all the problems both of those system has and decided not to buy either one.

Heres a list of features in my new custom system that im building:
  • Can be built for All BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Acura, Lexus and other brands.
  • OEM Factory look
  • Steering wheel buttons control of Android and HD radio. (you can remap the buttons to whatever function you want in Android)
  • Compatable with practically all 3G USB modem available
  • Wifi 802.11N that connects and stays connected (None of that Froyo wifi disconnect problems)
  • No need for extra bluetooth adapter its all built in and working perfectly (it pairs And shows connected)
  • Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich upgradeable to the new Jellybean
  • Instant on (zero boot time)
  • Sunlight viewable
  • 7" multi-touch capacitive touchscreen (Dynavin has single touch resistive)
  • 1.3ghz Dual Core Processor (stock Dynavin has a single core 500mhz)
  • 1GB of RAM memory (Dynavin has 256mb)
  • 8GB internal flash drive (Dynavin has 256mb)
  • optional extra storage of 100GB+
  • GPS fast satellite fix
  • Natual human sounding navigation TTS voice guidance (no more 1970's robot voice)
  • You can use any and all available navigation apps from Android Market
  • Beats Audio
  • Optional built in 3G/4G modem
  • Optional built in phone that you can make calls directly from your system. You will need a cell account to activate this.

If you are interested in a custom build for your car please email me your Make/Model year of your car and if it has any premium factory stereo already installed. Also include what options and features you would like in your custom build.

All version of my ROM is strictly for personal use and not to be commercially distributed.

Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:

Last edited by m3evolution; 07-14-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #591
m3evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuRe View Post
Hi guys! I very badly understand English. Tell me please, where can I download the ROM R150 for Dynavin D99 and instructions for its installation. I would be very grateful for your reply.
Regards!
Hi

I replied back to your email

Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
Old 07-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #592
CTRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
No none of the hardware buttons on the Dynavin including the steering wheel buttons will work on the android side. None of the hardware buttons can communicate with the Android side it will only work on the radio side.

Im currently building a new system (not Dynavin) for my buddy's M3 that you can control Android just as you described with the steering wheel buttons. He was thinking of getting the D99 Dynavin or the Enco but read about all the problems both of those system has and decided not to buy either one.

• OEM Factory look
  • Steering wheel buttons control of Android and HD radio. (you can remap the buttons to whatever function you want in Android)
  • Wifi 802.11N that connects and stays connected (None of that Froyo wifi disconnect problems)
  • No need for extra bluetooth adapter its all built in and working perfectly (it pairs And shows connected)
  • Sunlight viewable
  • GPS fast satellite fix
  • Natual human sounding navigation TTS voice guidance (no more 1970's robot voice)
  • Beats Audio
What are you using as your base hardware mate?

A Dynavin perhaps?

How much is this to build?

Could it be built for an e39?

Will you release the kit list of what is needed and how to put it together if someone else wanted to build a similar unit using your software kernel?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:34 AM   #593
DeLuRe

My Ride: E38
Quote:
Hi

I replied back to your email
Please check again your e-mail
Thx
DeLuRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #594
al-djazair

My Ride: E46 E34 E30
Quote:

• OEM Factory look
  • Sunlight viewable
  • GPS fast satellite fix
  • Beats Audio
Hi M3Evo,

that look very nice. Could you give us more infos.

If you need help or beta tester, you can ask me. I'm an electronic engineer.
2 x '86 E30 323i sold for parts
al-djazair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #595
m3evolution

Quote:
What are you using as your base hardware mate?

A Dynavin perhaps?

How much is this to build?

Could it be built for an e39?

Will you release the kit list of what is needed and how to put it together if someone else wanted to build a similar unit using your software kernel?
As this is a prototype I cant release the hardware specs yet but yes It can be made for any model BMW.

Its not based on the Dynavin and is completely different hardware and software.

This might be a one off project or I might package a few of these as an all in one system that is plug n play and easy to install similar to how you would install the Dynavin.

I estimate pricing will be around $800-$1k usd depeding on options and features requested.

Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #596
CTRob

Quote:
As this is a prototype I cant release the hardware specs yet but yes It can be made for any model BMW.

Its not based on the Dynavin and is completely different hardware and software.

This might be a one off project or I might package a few of these as an all in one system that is plug n play and easy to install similar to how you would install the Dynavin.

I estimate pricing will be around $800-$1k usd depeding on options and features requested.
If you were able to make a stable Android 4 based unit with the spec above that would plug straight into my e39 I would happily sell my D99 and purchase this off you.

Not disrespecting your work on the ROM's at all here but this sounds a lot better than flaffing about with the limited Dynavin hardware we currently use.

Can you please build mine for an e39 straight after the prototype is done??
Old 07-12-2012, 05:31 AM   #597
m3evolution

Quote:
If you were able to make a stable Android 4 based unit with the spec above that would plug straight into my e39 I would happily sell my D99 and purchase this off you.

Not disrespecting your work on the ROM's at all here but this sounds a lot better than flaffing about with the limited Dynavin hardware we currently use.

Can you please build mine for an e39 straight after the prototype is done??
If this project is not a one off you will be the first on the list! =p

Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
Old 07-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #598
CTRob

Quote:
If this project is not a one off you will be the first on the list! =p
M3Enavin
Old 07-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #599
diemair

My Ride: BMW E46 330xd
Quote:
...[*]1.3ghz Dual Core Processor (stock Dynavin has a single core 500mhz)[*]1GB of RAM memory (Dynavin has 256mb)[*]8GB internal flash drive (Dynavin has 256mb)[*]optional extra storage of 100GB+[*]GPS fast satellite fix[*]Natual human sounding navigation TTS voice guidance (no more 1970's robot voice)[*]You can use any and all available navigation apps from Android Market[*]Beats Audio[/LIST]
Thats worth some beer!!
Can't wait for it
diemair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #600
mgdmb

My Ride: E39 M5
I'd take one for an E39, too if you go that route.
mgdmb is offline   Reply With Quote