E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 191 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #661
R75

My Ride: Rover 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jneumann View Post
2.3 or 4.0 will likely require a new kernel, and w/o touch screen drivers that's a no can do at leads for the moment.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Bimmer App
I know Dynavin is a chinese company, but arent they supposed to supply anything they add to the basic kernel to the Open Source Program??
Old 08-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #662
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
Originally Posted by R75 View Post
I know Dynavin is a chinese company, but arent they supposed to supply anything they add to the basic kernel to the Open Source Program??
You said it. Chinese companies don't give a sh1t. M3evo and I have worked to get the source released for many months and they don't even respond to emails.

Get us the source code and we'll do all we can to get you ice cream sandwich, but until then no dice likely. Just like m3evo, I'm looking into a custom solution for myself. I'll never buy another Dynavin until they get their sh1t together and support their product. I won't even buy at $500, much less the insane $1k they are up to now.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #663
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Quote:
2.3 or 4.0 will likely require a new kernel, and w/o touch screen drivers that's a no can do at leads for the moment.

Really is so sad considering M3E reckons the hardware can support ICS and then to think it has almost been a year since any offical firmware release, Dynavin could easily port 4.0 over
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #664
UniQue84

My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:

hm okay. and it is not possible to extract the kernel to get the touchscreen drivers?

do you know the guys on xda-developers? they are aces in android and kernels etc. maybe we can get help from there?

br Chris

Edit:

And i sometimes experience some problems. Dont know what to do. Rom is the R150. Because the problems, i have installed it 2x new. after some many starts, android says me on boot, this this this and this process have been closed. (FC errors?) This Apps, like Titanium, Car Widget etc dont start then. Manually started they wont work too. And i have to reinstall them or install the rom fresh because laggs etc. Ist this an general Problem on the Dynavin or is it one problem of the rom? Or is the Problem on the drivers seat? Please help if you can.

Last edited by UniQue84; 08-16-2012 at 09:32 AM.
UniQue84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #665
SmokeyDP

My Ride: 2001 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniQue84 View Post
hm okay. and it is not possible to extract the kernel to get the touchscreen drivers?

do you know the guys on xda-developers? they are aces in android and kernels etc. maybe we can get help from there?

br Chris

Edit:

And i sometimes experience some problems. Dont know what to do. Rom is the R150. Because the problems, i have installed it 2x new. after some many starts, android says me on boot, this this this and this process have been closed. (FC errors?) This Apps, like Titanium, Car Widget etc dont start then. Manually started they wont work too. And i have to reinstall them or install the rom fresh because laggs etc. Ist this an general Problem on the Dynavin or is it one problem of the rom? Or is the Problem on the drivers seat? Please help if you can.
They won't be able to do anything without a working Kernel.

This Android car radio has the opportunity to really take off, but right now it needs more polishing. I am surprised that a company like this can't come up with an ICS kernel and supply some source since the Chinese are usually ahead of the game. You can buy tons of $150 4.0 ICS tablets from China.

M3 has done some excellent work, but I'm really waiting to see what the next generation of this unit will bring before I make any jumps from my existing setup.
Schrick cams - AFE intake - Custom Tune - Supersprint full exhaust - Evosport pulleys - UUC Evo 3 short shift kit - Brembo 14" BBK brake kit - Euro rear floating rotors - TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers - Vorshlag caster/camber plates - Adjustable rear camber arms - Black 2005 competition package interior - Vorsteiner CSL front bumper - 19" CSL wheels

Last edited by SmokeyDP; 08-16-2012 at 10:09 AM.
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #666
TevHill11
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2001 330Ci Convertib
Just bought this software not to long ago and I cant even get it to boot on my dynavin at all..I copied all the files to the sd and still no boot or anything..Its a new 16gig sandisk sd card..
TevHill11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #667
R75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TevHill11 View Post
Just bought this software not to long ago and I cant even get it to boot on my dynavin at all..I copied all the files to the sd and still no boot or anything..Its a new 16gig sandisk sd card..
You will need to format the card and make it bootable. There are several threads about this somewhere on the forum. Just do a search for SD card and they will pop up.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:04 AM   #668
al-djazair

My Ride: E46 E34 E30
Quote:
Originally Posted by R75 View Post
You will need to format the card and make it bootable. There are several threads about this somewhere on the forum. Just do a search for SD card and they will pop up.
Hi

the better way is to keep the original Dynavin SD for flashing firmware and use another one for GPS maps, multimedia, ...
2 x '86 E30 323i sold for parts
al-djazair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #669
UniQue84

My Ride: E46 330i
I want a higher Android Version on my Unit! The WiFi Problems in 2.3.3 are so annoying... Isnt there any possibility to extract all, what we need, from the current kernel? :/
UniQue84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #670
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniQue84 View Post
I want a higher Android Version on my Unit! The WiFi Problems in 2.3.3 are so annoying... Isnt there any possibility to extract all, what we need, from the current kernel? :/
Go bitch at Dynavin. We need those touch screen drivers to do anything. I'd strongly consider buying another dynavin for my e39 if they would actually support the damn thing, but that's just not the way dynavin does business. If it's possible to extract drivers, it's very, very difficult and I don't know how.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:27 AM   #671
cp1962

My Ride: BMW X5 Peugeot 308CC
Good morning at all,
I have a universal DVN 6201 dynavin D99 Android, i have install the rom without problem of M3Evolution ver 1.5, and i have this problem, the bluetooth will not turn on, it tries but then returns to saying TURN ON.
I have install torque pro on my system, with the OBDII sensor, but in Dynavin is not possible start the Bluetooth, i use a samsung NOTE and the torque pro and ODBII system working perfectly!!.
PLS everyone have a suggest for me and solve a problem?
Thanks a lot for precious help, and sorry for my poor english.
bye at all
--------------------
I have solve the problem, i Buy a new hub 2.0 NOT 2.1 and Bluetooth adapter i have Connect in the GPS port of dynavin and the system working fine!, i have Connect the phone, and the odb2 sensor with torque program...perfect!.
Bye at all

Last edited by cp1962; 09-09-2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Problem solved
cp1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #672
NECTOP

My Ride: Audi A3 Sportback
Hello Everyone.
M3, is there any new build since 1.502?
NECTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #673
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates lately I am currently out of the country.

R1502 and R150 are exactly the same ROM. The only difference is I corrected a minor spelling error in one of the flash files but the actual ROM itself was untouched.

I tried to add Beats Audio to the rom but noticed it caused stability problem and random crashes so that is going to left out for now.

I was playing around with different ICS theme add on that I could possibly include in the next ROM but noticed a negative hit in performance by using those theme addons.

So for now it seems R1502 = R150 is still the fastest and most stable ROM as is.

If any of you would like to try out the ICS theme what I used was Go Launcher EX and then just add one of the ICS theme add on from Android Market.

Recently Dynavin released a new rom for their new build im guessing from Aug 2012 up. If you have one of these new models from Aug 2012 up and want to flash my Rom let me know and Ill send you a patch so it will work on those models.

All version of my ROM is strictly for personal use and not to be commercially distributed.

Best way to contact me is at: m3evolution@gmail.com
Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:

Last edited by m3evolution; 09-18-2012 at 08:46 PM.
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #674
NECTOP

m3evolution
Thanks for news update.
Do you now what's new in there new firmware for new unit? Is it possible to flash they new firmware for old units? I read, that it will make touchscreen unusable.

Bu the way, with 1502 I have some issues:
1. There is few apps, like Pandora that useless in some counties.
2. Terminal emulator can't be updated to latest version, update on even clean system gives error message, not enough space.
3. Once every few month google framework give an error and all apps are broken, none of them works, when tapping then, Android says something like "no installed on this smartphone".
4. Clean install of ROM in Bluetooth shows a lot of paired MAC addresses, but Bluetooth doesn't detect my Bluetooth ELM327 V1.5 device. Stock rom does.

I'll appreciate if you can make ROM without additional apps like car widget, taker and pandora.
Thank you.

Last edited by NECTOP; 09-18-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #675
R75

No the new ROM will not work on old models as you also state. Apparently the screen driver is different. This brings me to the possible solution to your problem M3:
if the screen driver is different, maybe you can spot where the difference is in the code and identify where the screendriver is placed in the software?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #676
michjul

My Ride: E46
m3evolution
Thanks for news update.
it would also be nice to be able to save the rom with all applications
Y is there a way to do ?
Thank you.
michjul
Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #677
michjul

My Ride: E46
m3evolution
I changed the wallpaper but I can not find the original wallpaper !
can you help me
Thank you.
michjul
Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #678
Volente

My Ride: BMW 320DAT M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by NECTOP View Post
m3evolution
Thanks for news update.
Do you now what's new in there new firmware for new unit? Is it possible to flash they new firmware for old units? I read, that it will make touchscreen unusable.

Bu the way, with 1502 I have some issues:
1. There is few apps, like Pandora that useless in some counties.
2. Terminal emulator can't be updated to latest version, update on even clean system gives error message, not enough space.
3. Once every few month google framework give an error and all apps are broken, none of them works, when tapping then, Android says something like "no installed on this smartphone".
4. Clean install of ROM in Bluetooth shows a lot of paired MAC addresses, but Bluetooth doesn't detect my Bluetooth ELM327 V1.5 device. Stock rom does.

I'll appreciate if you can make ROM without additional apps like car widget, taker and pandora.
Thank you.
I have the exact same issues on R150
Can't update terminal emulator, not enough space.
The apps on the sdcard just dissapear, and the apps on the rom crashes.
Sometimes the settings i have done is forgotten and everything is default.
And pandora is useless to me also.

Last edited by Volente; 09-19-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added R150
Volente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #679
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volente View Post
I have the exact same issues on R150
Can't update terminal emulator, not enough space.
The apps on the sdcard just dissapear, and the apps on the rom crashes.
Sometimes the settings i have done is forgotten and everything is default.
And pandora is useless to me also.
Same here

From the desk of Dwight Schrute
Old 09-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #680
NECTOP

Maybe M3 will be able to fix it for us, if he had some free time to spend.