E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 194 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #81
Ninety-9 SE-L

My Ride: 2001 M3, 3.5L Sentra
Getting a lot of problems, now. The OS has suddenly become extremely laggy, lots of unexpected stops, As soon as I would hit play in Poweramp, it would close and reopen, I uninstalled poweramp, attempted to restore it in Titanium backup, Titanium backup doesn't show my backed up version. Tried reinstalling the APK and it just hung there on the install screen. I have a feeling I'm going to have to re-install the OS.
Ninety-9 SE-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #82
podge3

My Ride: Rover 75 CDTi
The Mediafire link for R1.1 in the first post doesn't appear to be working
podge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #83
Cretster

My Ride: E90 320D
Anyone got a suggestion as to why some apps I install are not showing in the installed apps list in Android?

As mentioned a couple of examples include Astro file manager and Poweramp. No apparent issues when installing but I then cannot find them anywhere. Don't think I've encountered this in the past with android.

On another note (and I'm sure this will be covered somewhere probably), can we use an install to SD function on Dynavin at all?
Haven't tried specifically to do this other than noting that it doesn't offer the option where you can install when adding apps from the SD card. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here.

In terms of the whole standby thing, I'd have to disagree about the amount of juice the device might potentially use in standby mode from my experiences with custom built car pcs.
Even using S3 standby on a very low power board in the past I've had problems with flat batteries in short time periods (battery in good condition btw), hence the use of the likes of the M1 PSU which protects against this. The 48 hour thing suggested (or a variation of - user settable?) would no doubt suffice, but my point being that it can be very surprising how quick something like this can use in a standby more, especially if you've already got the likes of an alarm drawing a small residual current.

Also with android, when in standby it's known to vary a lot in respect of how much juice it still needs, depending on all sorts of factors like the rom build, the task manager etc.

But easily managed either way I'm sure.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #84
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyDP View Post
The google pack can be included as a separate .zip file to be installed. That's what most other Rom builders do since Google doesn't allow it to be built into some custom Roms for some reason.
I thought about that option but the dynavin doesnt have a recovery mode that we can boot into to update .zip files unless there is another way to run those update.zip without recovery mode.
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #85
m3evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by podge3 View Post
The Mediafire link for R1.1 in the first post doesn't appear to be working
I was doing some house cleaning in that mediafire account and deleted it by accident ill reupload it later
Old 03-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #86
podge3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
I was doing some house cleaning in that mediafire account and deleted it by accident ill reupload it later
Thanks.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #87
podge3

Can someone who has downloaded the R1.1 Dynavin Rom put it up on a file sharing site please?

I'm hoping to flash it today.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #88
turbodreamer86

My Ride: 03 M3 & 09 370Z
patiently waiting as well nice work

09 Nissan 370Z [Pearl White][Black] 7AT Touring/Sport/Nav
-----------------------
03 BMW ///M3 [Oxford Green Metallic II] [Cinnamon] SMG Dinan SC'd S3 (sold) Video
04 BMW ///M3 [Titanium Silver] [Imola Red] 6MT V-CSL|Delage Sports Stage III (sold) Mod List & Pics
03 Nissan 350Z [Black] [Black] 6MT Track (sold)
turbodreamer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #89
DeadWinter

My Ride: E46 320D 2000
Thumbs Up

Quote:
The problem with including Market is it requires Google Services Framework. GSF will cause all kind of force close trouble if say Gmail or Maps or Contacts was not installled on the system along with market. So if you want Market then the entire Google posse of apps has to come along as part of that pacakge. So thats where my rom is at right now its pretty much the least amount of apps possible to be stable with market included.

I personally dont use market or google maps etc. I only use PowerAmp and Sygic for Navigation. Ideally the perfect rom for me is instant on with no boot time wait and rock solid stability that works and does its thing everytime you need it. I dont need it to do a million things just a few core functions reliably.
Hi M3evolution,

Just flashed the R1.1 to my new Dynavin.
Looks really good!

I agree with you on having a stripped ROM that is fast and super stable.
I will not use the market (now called Playstore, for which I do not intend to accept the Terms of Service) or any online navigation.

Offline Navigation and Music should rock. The rest is add-on for me.

I can't wait for the R1SS release!

DeadWinter
DeadWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #90
m3evolution

R1.2 will be uploaded tonight
Old 03-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #91
m3evolution

Can any of guys get a copy of the Windows CE firmware thats used in Dynavin's Windows CE version?

The Omap3530 CPU in our Dynavin unit can run both Windows CE and Android so id like to test that out and maybe setup a dual boot system.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #92
crristic

My Ride: e46 320i
Quote:
R1.2 will be uploaded tonight
Good for the hard-core OS minimalists

I've managed to install R1.1 today and it rocks. 35 seconds to boot, 45 seconds till the clock is adjusted from the gps.

Gps and wifi work absolutely fine now, without modifying anything (remember I live in Europe-Romania and kept having issues with tethering from my iphone4).
crristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:15 AM   #93
DeadWinter

My Ride: E46 320D 2000
Just Flashed the R1.2

R1.1: Startup: 35s, 46s till Clock adjustment.
R1.2: Startup: 32,5s, 36 till Clock adjustment.

SetCPU Froze on me on R1.1, but works fine on the R1.2 now

Everything else runs really smooth on R1.2!
DeadWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #94
m3evolution

Excellent!
It looks like we are pretty close to the best possible boot time with R1.2 About 30 seconds of the initial boot time is the kernel loading. I tried uninstalling almost all apps leaving just the bare bone and that didnt make the boot time any faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWinter View Post
Just Flashed the R1.2

R1.1: Startup: 35s, 46s till Clock adjustment.
R1.2: Startup: 32,5s, 36 till Clock adjustment.

SetCPU Froze on me on R1.1, but works fine on the R1.2 now

Everything else runs really smooth on R1.2!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #95
Cretster

My Ride: E90 320D
Didn't notice there was a new version now - cool!

I don't suppose you've any idea about this issue I seem to be having with some apps installed not being shown anywhere after they have been installed (on 1.1)? Notably, Astro file manager and Power Amp. After installing they are nowhere to be seen on the applications screen for some reason, yet when viewing a list of apps on the sd card they show correctly as already being installed. This didn't happen with the official Roms, but it might just be something about using the Rom I'm not familiar with?
Old 03-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #96
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
1.2 is super fast loading. I didnt even notice the boot time. seems like less than 30 seconds.

Amazing work, OS seems more responsive and faster too. (again might by just abstract amazement at boot time.

Certainly vast improvement over 1.0 and 1.1

Installed tasker 1.2 today also from market just have to get time to play around with it.
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #97
disb3thonee

My Ride: 320d
m3evo, awesome job!

One thing I have noticed though, that it doesn't save the settings on clocksync. I changed the timezone to europe/zurich, but when i re-boot it goes back to america/los angeles

I even changed the settings in the /system/build.prop file.

persist.sys.timezone=Europe/Zurich

and thought if i uncheck the offline database it would pick the above settings by default.

it finds and locks the gps antennas though, just doesnt show the time correctly i think...wondering if it would lock even faster if the time zone was right..

have you guys had any issue in changing the time zone!?
disb3thonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #98
m3evolution

Im happy to hear that R1.2 is working out well for most of you guys. I was trying to include a recovery mode option into the rom too but that caused other stability problems and will take a lot of time to figure out. This project started out at me just wanting basic root access so I could restore apps and settings with Titanium Backup and I would only spend a day or two on it max. But there was always something else that could be improved upon a couple months later here we are with R1.2. The list of things that we could improve or add to make the user experience better has actually grown larger not smaller haha such as getting Bluetooth fully working for everyone. I still have yet to get bluetooth working after trying maybe more than 10 different BT adapters to date. It turns on fine but I can never get a full connection only the "paired but not connected" message.

R1.2 might be my last update for awhile. Ill check in on the forum periodically and try to trouble shoot or answer any question about the rom. With all the smart and talented members we have here im sure any problems that might come up will be solved in no time.

Last edited by m3evolution; 03-26-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #99
m3evolution

hmm maybe you can try commenting out that line by putting # at the begining of the line like this:
#persist.sys.timezone=america/los angeles

or you can delete that line completely from build.pop

With the way I have Clocksync setup persist.sys.timezone might not be needed anymore in build.prop. Try those two options first but if that doesnt work you will have to clear Clocksync data by going to settings - manage applications - Clocksync - clear data

Quote:
Originally Posted by disb3thonee View Post
m3evo, awesome job!

One thing I have noticed though, that it doesn't save the settings on clocksync. I changed the timezone to europe/zurich, but when i re-boot it goes back to america/los angeles

I even changed the settings in the /system/build.prop file.

persist.sys.timezone=Europe/Zurich

and thought if i uncheck the offline database it would pick the above settings by default.

it finds and locks the gps antennas though, just doesnt show the time correctly i think...wondering if it would lock even faster if the time zone was right..

have you guys had any issue in changing the time zone!?

Last edited by m3evolution; 03-26-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #100
m3evolution

How are you installing those apps? Are you restoring the app from a backup like you would do using TitaniumBackup or smiliar app manager programs?

I included a script in /system/xbin called fix_permissions that usually fix many app problems

you can excute and run that script using these commands

adb shell
fix_permissions

you shouldnt have to type in the full file path address but if that doesnt work try this

./system/xbin/fix_permissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretster View Post
Didn't notice there was a new version now - cool!

I don't suppose you've any idea about this issue I seem to be having with some apps installed not being shown anywhere after they have been installed (on 1.1)? Notably, Astro file manager and Power Amp. After installing they are nowhere to be seen on the applications screen for some reason, yet when viewing a list of apps on the sd card they show correctly as already being installed. This didn't happen with the official Roms, but it might just be something about using the Rom I'm not familiar with?