E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #121
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotivatedPY View Post
been following your car for awhile now!! so excited to see what you guys do with it!! drive safe!
Thanks!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #122
garrett2r2taz

My Ride: the bus
I signed up on this forum just so i could offer my help...i just spent they past hours reading EVERY thread and every comment about your car....i live in arizona and know saad and talk with him all the time at the car shows! i can't wait to see this build, i am in the market myself for buying a e46 m3 and bringing it to saad and proefi....or going the route of doing a m6 with proefi.....but anyway can't wait to see the finished product ill have to stop by his shop sometime to check it out....if you need anything feel free to email me garrett.fennell25@gmail.com
garrett2r2taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #123
SlideFox

My Ride: A Bucket w/ 4-Wheels
Details??????
How did everything go? Pick-Up? Drop-Off?

What are the details of the build, and what is next on the agenda?
SlideFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:01 AM   #124
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideFox View Post
Details??????
How did everything go? Pick-Up? Drop-Off?

What are the details of the build, and what is next on the agenda?
Everything went smooth up at HPF. John, Joey, Chris K, Champ and Kirk were all extremely helpful getting the car loaded up and packing the suv to the brim with parts.

Got to Speedworld 5 minutes after Jason/Saad got there. Hung out with them at the track until about 10 or so and then headed to ProEFI. Dropped the car off.. and all its parts.. hung out at Dennys for an hour or so .. had a great time!

The drive sucked though.. I'd say about 75% of the drive was in massive rain.. even hit snow tonight on the way home.. no fun towing a trailer for 40hrs in heavy rain and mountains..

But the nightmare is over and its time to rebuild!

Can't disclose details yet as they could change. We also were so busy that we didn't get to much into the details.. but we may try a different turbo.. I'm going to talk to Saad about a proper manifold and while we won't have time before MFest I would really like Saad to rework the exhaust with a valved setup so the car is less of a target for the cop's when driving it on the street.

Goals for the car are high 9's but thats only if we can get some test and tune time after rebuilding it.

If this thing hits a 9 at MFest and someone send theirs cars anywhere other than to Saad/Sound Performance or ProEFI for work they're crazy. We have about 15 days to rebuild a car from a roller right now.. to a 9 second car.. its not going to be a 9 second car if we can't take it to the track atleast once and dial it in and to do that we'll likely need the car completed in absolutely no more than 3 weeks.

Its going to be nuts.. and Saad already has a bunch of work to do on existing cars.. as does Jason.. this just got dropped on their plate..

Seriously.. if we pull this off..

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 03-19-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #125
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Everything went smooth up at HPF. John, Joey, Chris K, Champ and Kirk were all extremely helpful getting the car loaded up and packing the suv to the brim with parts.

Got to Speedworld 5 minutes after Jason/Saad got there. Hung out with them at the track until about 10 or so and then headed to ProEFI. Dropped the car off.. and all its parts.. hung out at Dennys for an hour or so .. had a great time!

The drive sucked though.. I'd say about 75% of the drive was in massive rain.. even hit snow tonight on the way home.. no fun towing a trailer for 40hrs in heavy rain and mountains..

Can't disclose details yet as they could change. We also were so busy that we didn't get to much into the details.. but we may try a different turbo.. I'm going to talk to Saad about a proper manifold and while we won't have time before MFest I would really like Saad to rework the exhaust with a valved setup so the car is less of a target for the cop's when driving it on the street.

Goals for the car are high 9's but thats only if we can get some test and tune time after rebuilding it.

If this thing hits a 9 at MFest and someone send theirs cars anywhere other than to Saad/Sound Performance or ProEFI for work they're crazy. We have about 15 days to rebuild a car from a roller right now.. to a 9 second car.. its not going to be a 9 second car if we can't take it to the track atleast once and dial it in and to do that we'll likely need the car completed in absolutely no more than 3 weeks.

Its going to be nuts.. and Saad already has a bunch of work to do on existing cars.. as does Jason.. this just got dropped on their plate..

Let the games begin!

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:31 AM   #126
leletyM3

My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:

Marcus,

Wishing you the best on the rebuild!!!!! We need to put this beast on the streets!!!!! Not sure if there will be enought time but a quieter exhaust is a absolutely a great idea for street driving especially here in CA. If I ll ever do anything to my car again I wanna keep it quiet!!!

HPF Stg2 Turbo 640rwhp, Eisenmann Race 83mmx4, Volk TE37 TA, Toyo T1R, Brembo BBK 380mm 6pots & 345, 6k HID, 6K HID Fogs, Depo Smoked Corners, Strassentech Front Lip, V-CSL Bootlid, V-CSL Diffuser

leletyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:38 AM   #127
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Cannot wait to hear you prancing around like a happy little girl when all of this gets done!!!!!

SO STOKED.

Now go use that 7D!!!!!
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #128
juju396

My Ride: 02 e46 m3
I'm so excited for you Marcus!!!

And I'm sorry, I couldn't help but play in my mind the theme song for "The Six Million Dollar Man" while reading your post.

"We can rebuilt it. We have the technology!" lol!

Can't wait to hear what Jason / Saad will come up with for your build... Let's do this!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #129
BMW E465

My Ride: 1dirty5
Far out, I haven't been this excited for a build since Taza's custom turbo setup...
BMW E465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #130
Jason@proefi
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:

Marcus, I'm glad the trip went well....safety is always a concern with that much driving, pulling a trailer, and rain! It was great hanging out for a bit with you guys, your perspective on the car is an incredible one! Not many people can suffer through what you have and keep positive!

We are on it, and we are focused! We'll do whatever we can to make this happen. All of the guys are onboard!
Jason@proefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #131
MaverickM3

My Ride: gets badge
Awesome to hear you made it safe bro. Good luck to you and Jason/Saad getting the car prepped and ready to run 9's. Best of luck Marcus.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #132
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
Cannot wait to hear you prancing around like a happy little girl when all of this gets done!!!!!

SO STOKED.

Now go use that 7D!!!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #133
MarcusLSB

Jason just called me.. he's moving fast.. that's all I can say.. wow.

New Build by Lab22

Old 03-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #134
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #135
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Thumbs up on the new exhaust mani. I have no doubts you will reach your goal. Is one of your goals to get your high nines on DR's? Do you think that is even possible?

My guess is that you will be thinking seriously about bias ply slicks on 16's or 15's with smaller brake calipers fitted. You can still stop plenty well with your BBK left intact in the front.

You may find a really good set up with smaller rear calipers and the right pad compound to be just fine for all your braking needs. We all know most of the power is most important in the fronts.

It would not be out of the question to swap rotors and calipers back to the Brembos if you ever wanted max stopping power for an HPDE. Or, you may find the difference in braking power not be all that significant. I dont know for sure either way.

What are your thoughts? I am pretty sure you have considered all the options. Any decisions yet?

Last edited by Bdave; 03-19-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #136
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Looking forward to the final product!
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #137
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhh buuuuuuuuudyyyy!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #138
yellowssm

My Ride: 2005 M3
Nice Marcus I can't wait!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #139
leletyM3

Quote:
you deserve it!!! You have been the most patient customer ever!!!!! I am very happy to see Jason and Saad moving fast to help you out!

HPF Stg2 Turbo 640rwhp, Eisenmann Race 83mmx4, Volk TE37 TA, Toyo T1R, Brembo BBK 380mm 6pots & 345, 6k HID, 6K HID Fogs, Depo Smoked Corners, Strassentech Front Lip, V-CSL Bootlid, V-CSL Diffuser

leletyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #140
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
I cant wait to see what kind of New turbo magic is in store for your beast Shes in good hands

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote