E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #181
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 24
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Looking for a new driver. It's been a long time since I've bought any clubs. What's popular?

I'm coming from an older Titleist so I don't like the idea of a 460cc club. It's just too big. It seems like 440cc is the only other option, which limits me. I also don't want to mess around with weights, but I do like the idea of adjustable loft and being able to open or close the face. I've been looking at the Cobra Amp Cell Pro and Callaway X Hot Pro. Thoughts?
Did you end up buying a new driver? If not, I would suggest trying out the 460cc (w/ weights) at your local golf shop before saying you don't want it. I have the R11s, and everyone that has tried it has loved it. One of my friends shoots high 70's/low 80's and he said that he's never hit a better driver than mine.
__________________
- Alex
Shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #182
Wes
Registered User
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
Did you end up buying a new driver? If not, I would suggest trying out the 460cc (w/ weights) at your local golf shop before saying you don't want it. I have the R11s, and everyone that has tried it has loved it. One of my friends shoots high 70's/low 80's and he said that he's never hit a better driver than mine.
Yes, I bought the X Hot Pro driver and 3 wood. Great clubs. It's easy to hit them a long way.

I got them for a good price since the X2 Hot is coming out.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #183
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 24
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
I've been out once this season so far, winter weather has sucked! I went out and played 9 holes a couple weeks ago and got my first birdie of the season on a par 3! Ended up shooting a 53 for the 9 holes (bad yes, but it's my first outing in 3 months). I'm not going to be able to get out for another few weeks because of a minor surgery I'm having next week, but I can't wait to get out there again.
__________________
- Alex
Shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #184
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,175
My Ride: BMW
played 9 holes last week and yesterday... decided i needed to close up the grip on my right thumb, it severely fixed my increasingly damaging slice. had a few bombs down the fairway yesterday, felt really good

chipping is spot on
long putts were spot on
need to work on my 130+ yard green approach

also in the market for a driver, we'll see what i can find, def looking for a good deal

in addition, picked up foot joy m projects... super comfortable!
__________________
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #185
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Sadly, my golf outlook this year is pretty sparse. Having another kiddo in July and working like a madman to re-finish our basement before she comes. Ah well, maybe get some consistent rounds in the fall.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:38 AM   #186
jdny516
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 1,084
My Ride: E39 ///M5
First outing of the season, shot 92 :/ Hope to break 88 this season.
__________________
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #187
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 24
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
played 9 holes last week and yesterday... decided i needed to close up the grip on my right thumb, it severely fixed my increasingly damaging slice. had a few bombs down the fairway yesterday, felt really good

chipping is spot on
long putts were spot on
need to work on my 130+ yard green approach

also in the market for a driver, we'll see what i can find, def looking for a good deal

in addition, picked up foot joy m projects... super comfortable!
This season I want to work on my chipping the most. I really stepped up my putting last season and went from mostly 3 putts to 1 or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Sadly, my golf outlook this year is pretty sparse. Having another kiddo in July and working like a madman to re-finish our basement before she comes. Ah well, maybe get some consistent rounds in the fall.
Goodluck with the kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
First outing of the season, shot 92 :/ Hope to break 88 this season.
Not bad if it's your first outing and your goal is 88. My goal is mid-90's this season.
__________________
- Alex
Shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #188
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,175
My Ride: BMW
Picked up a driver for $40 lol

Taylor Made 3.0 Burner with a stiff shaft, I'll post up pics. I have the 3 wood and it's great, so for that price I couldn't pass that up.
__________________
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #189
JTLaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beaches are a plenty
Posts: 315
My Ride: Can now offroad
This is my second time playing all year and I live in Florida Audit season destroys all fun the first half of the year.

I'm trying to get back in and fix some old problems I've had with my swing. I shot a 105 this morning and am going to keep working on moving down to the low 90s. Once I hit that I want to reward myself with some new clubs. Does anyone have any experience with the below link? They are dirt cheap and seem to be highly recommended.

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/adams-...ons-steel.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	golf.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	559734  
JTLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #190
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 24
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
**Official GOLF Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTLaz View Post
This is my second time playing all year and I live in Florida Audit season destroys all fun the first half of the year.



I'm trying to get back in and fix some old problems I've had with my swing. I shot a 105 this morning and am going to keep working on moving down to the low 90s. Once I hit that I want to reward myself with some new clubs. Does anyone have any experience with the below link? They are dirt cheap and seem to be highly recommended.



http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/adams-...ons-steel.html

I've only heard good things about Adams


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
- Alex

Last edited by Shaban; 05-26-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #191
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 24
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Went out for a round on Friday, 18 holes. I did decent on the front 9 (46), but awful on the back 9 (56). I usually do better on the back 9 than I do on the front.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
- Alex
Shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use