E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #21
jonesoh

My Ride: 2004 325i
Send a message via MSN to jonesoh
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome5982 View Post
So this is a plug-n-play for my 99 E46 323 sedan with prewired cd changer in the trunk? Just plug into the cd changer wiring in the trunk and route the cable from the trunk to the center console for connection to the IPOD/IPhone?
Yes.
jonesoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #22
stevojohnson14

My Ride: 2001 325Ci
I just got it in today and it works great. The ashtray mount looks professional and the sound quality is excellent. The instalation was easy, except for getting the ashtray wire out of the dashboard, but other than that it went fine. I have a business radio with single CD and prewired CD changer in the trunk and it worked flawlessly. Overall, it is a less expensive form of the Dice series that lets us do what we want; play music from our iPhones (Works perfectly with my iPhone 4s) in our car and charge it at the same time.

Five Star Rating.
stevojohnson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #23
rome5982

My Ride: 99 323i
I just installed this also. Super simple, sound is awesome. Great product for the money. All I wanted was a good price for a direct connect IPOD that I can work with the steering wheel controls. Best price out there.

18"ASA AR1/H&R CupKit/ECIS CAI/Stromung Exhaust/Zimmerman Rotors/Aluminum Interior Trim & Face Gauges/G2 Calipers/Clear Corners/Autometer Gauges/Mtech Front Bumper/Chrome Grill/UUC Shift Knob/OEM Rear Spoiler/Painted Moldings/Silver Gauge Rings/JL Audio 12W3V2 & 6.5 Coax/BA 6.5 ProSeries/Kicker KX600.4
rome5982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #24
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Hmmmm.... I just might....

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #25
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Any option for getting a radio cable instead of the CD changer? I had noise with my DICE using the CD changer plugs. Worried it'll be like that again.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #26
2Bad

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
I'm really interested with that product for my e46 330 Cabrio.
But how long/hard is the installation? I'm not really a "do-it yourself" guy...
Is there a video or pictures of a step by step installation? So I can have an idea.

Thank you

2Bad
2Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #27
rome5982

My Ride: 99 323i
Need to connect the supplied wiring adapter to your CD changer cable located in the left rear of your trunk. Then you route the cable that will attach to your Ipod from the trunk through a grommet/hole behind the rear seat and then route the cable along the left side footwell trim (it is easy) and then under your driver side seat to the location you want to plug in your Ipod. I have it just between the right side of the driver's seat and the emergency brake.

18"ASA AR1/H&R CupKit/ECIS CAI/Stromung Exhaust/Zimmerman Rotors/Aluminum Interior Trim & Face Gauges/G2 Calipers/Clear Corners/Autometer Gauges/Mtech Front Bumper/Chrome Grill/UUC Shift Knob/OEM Rear Spoiler/Painted Moldings/Silver Gauge Rings/JL Audio 12W3V2 & 6.5 Coax/BA 6.5 ProSeries/Kicker KX600.4
rome5982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #28
In.The.Red

My Ride: 325xi RX-7
Very Interesting!

Now, I do have a couple questions related to the statement: "...track up/down from your radio and steering controls..."
Is that the only way of selecting music on my iPod - track by track? With this unit can I, for example, select a genre of music and then play all music in that genre on shuffle? Could I search for a specific album, or listen to all music by a selected artist?

Thanks!
In.The.Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #29
2Bad

I ordered it... I hope it will be delivered quickly... and that I'll be able to put it on my BMW

2Bad
Old 05-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #30
budysr

My Ride: 330ci
will this work with a business cd radio that does not have a cd changer? Mine is a 2003 330ci and I am pretty sure its a HK system(just bought the car). I don't think this car has a cd changer. Or at least there isn't one in the trunk anyway.
budysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #31
aggieE46
Keep it clean

You don't have to have a changer, but all cars are pre-wired for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budysr View Post
will this work with a business cd radio that does not have a cd changer? Mine is a 2003 330ci and I am pretty sure its a HK system(just bought the car). I don't think this car has a cd changer. Or at least there isn't one in the trunk anyway.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #32
2Bad

I've put my order on monday and still no news

2Bad
Old 06-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #33
Beem-me
Banned User

My Ride: 2006 M3 3 pedal
Fellas,

I bought this kit along with the BSW tool kit and installed it myself. The BSW videos on youtube or 'pretty' helpful but some decision and surprises come with the install.

All you do it plug the small unit in the trunk to the cd harness...i then velcro the bottom of the small plastic unit onto the side of the cd bracket and from there ran the cd changer through the small grommet and under the driver seat to around the parking brake.

the unit has iPod/iphone control and charging capability. it also has a strong/firm iPhone cord that 'clips in' the bottom of the iPhone. it seems like it could withstand helicoptering the iPhone around your head and the phone would stay connected.

the sound quality also seems very legit and i think you could say CD quality sound.

the first song i listen to with the unit to test it was....Wide Awake by Katy Perry

and the sound was pretty goooddd
Beem-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #34
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Thank you for the quick review! Enjoy!

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #35
aggieE46
Keep it clean

Ordered mine tonight. Hope it's good!
Old 06-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #36
Brian N

My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
Ordered mine tonight. Hope it's good!
Let us know what you think! I'm interested in one of these as well.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #37
|2eckLesS

My Ride: 2004 330ci
I ordered Mine on a Tuesday morning and had it by Thursday. My only complaint is that the kit did not come with instructions (I think they normally do.) It is a very straight forward install and I knew it wasn’t going to be hard, I just wanted to make sure it plugged into the cd changer and not the back of the navi like the BMW integration kit. I called BSW and they were “very busy” and the operator didn’t know anything about installs. He said someone would call me back. No one did, so I called the next day and the gentlemen on the phone verified that it is installed in the trunk. Fast shipping and superior product made me forget about the minor hiccup.

Install took less than an hour and was very easy. ORDER THE TOOL KIT because if you have done anything with a car you know how many clips you tear through. The sound quality is awesome and it controls everything from itunes, podcasts and Pandora. The controls when the phone is locked is kind of confusing, but the unlocked controls from the iphone is perfect.

My only complaint is that when the iphone is not plugged in is makes a ticking sound through the system. I also heard this ticking when I had the iphone plugged in last night. When I used it this morning the ticking was gone. I will do some process of elimination and see if I can figure out what is going on. Otherwise, this is a must have for any e46.
|2eckLesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #38
2Bad

Question

I didn't get any instructions with my package. Is there a PDF or something I can download from the web?
And the video, is it this one?:

I want to be sure as I'll do the installation tomorrow evening.

Thank you!

2Bad
Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #39
325guy
Banned User

My Ride: 2003 325i stick
Yea thats the one if you have a coupe...
325guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #40
2Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325guy View Post
Yea thats the one if you have a coupe...
I have Cabrio... but I guess, it's the same thing, isn't it?

2Bad