E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
jiayair

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325Ci
Dynavin E46 Install - Los Angeles

Dynavin E46 Install - Los Angeles

Looking for help on this or willing to pay someone to do it for me.

I know this is easy enough and I've seen a lot of DIY online but I'd feel more comfortable with someone that has experience. I got a quote from a shop and they are asking for $400 to install it for me and thats a bit high.

Thanks!

Last edited by jiayair; 03-21-2012 at 10:39 AM.
jiayair is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
D12ew99

My Ride: 2005 bmw m3
what happend to the install?
D12ew99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
cholea oum can do ir
Old 07-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
winter_baby

My Ride: e46
That's crazy. If you still need that done and don't mind driving down to SD, I'll do that for a 6-pack and a large pepperoni pizza.

2003 330i Titanium Silver / Black - [Sold]
2000 Z3 M Titanium Silver / Imola Red+Black Nappa
2001 330cic Metallic Steel Gray / Gray - [Sold]
2000 Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]
1997 Z3 1.8 Atlanta Blue Metallic / Beige - [Sold]

winter_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:07 AM   #5
HACK213

My Ride: 323ci
anyone in LA installs dynavin d99 android my car has an after marker stereo already ..so might be tricky for me
HACK213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
tonydinh3

My Ride: e46 m3
i can install
Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
omhl

My Ride: E46 M3 6MT
Send a message via AIM to omhl
i can install im located in OC
Old 03-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
wassupdud21

My Ride: 02 M3
I need help with installing my d99 can someone help me i'm in san diego. winter_baby if your in sd can you help me out?
wassupdud21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
wassupdud21

My Ride: 02 M3
where are you located tony
wassupdud21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
mischik

My Ride: 05 M3 Cab
Dynavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omhl View Post
i can install im located in OC
I'm in irvine too - if you would be willing to see what it is I did wrong on my e46 dynavin install will gladly pay! Need Help! Lol this is what I posted to the dynavin forum below. It's mostly done but some issues
Dani

Okay, here's the situation and questions, hoping you can help. I've been all over forums and can't find the solution. Model is Dynavin e46, installed into an e46 m3 convertible.

1. I dont see a bluetooth button anywhere on any main screens or settings screen to pair for phone or music. Where can I find this?

2. Tons of hissing noise. Is there a solution?

3. I have aftermarket amps installed and subwoofer along with a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty. With the stock stereo, there are no RCA inputs for the amps. When I installed the aftermarket amps, I tapped into the speaker wires going into the amp and had them plugged into the high-level inputs on the 3Sixty. There are two aftermarket amps. They both powered on no problem before the install. One amp is a subwoofer amp (also aftermarket sub system), which will no longer power on. (no blown fuses, power is fine on a voltmeter etc). The other amp powers on fine but the output doesnt sound loud at all (on the working amp).

Do I need to swap the high level inputs on the 3Sixty and plug them directly into the Dynavin using RCA instead? Is there anything else given the 2 aftermarket amps and sub and 3Sixty that I needed to wire up differently than the stock install your instructions are for?

Basically the issues with the amps/sound are:
1. hissing (a lot)
2. sub amp wont power on, no cabling has changed, and it's getting power (only difference is Dynavin install)
3. very low level sound (with what little does come out)
4. bluetooth (no icon to connect)

Help!

Thanks,
Dani
mischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #11
Mary Lynn Reid

My Ride: 2004 E46
Dynavin?.

Hello, I am a first time person here. Is the Dynavin a nav-Bluetooth in the dash unit? Is it something worthwhile? I bought a Qualair system and it does not have a phone book so it expects me to dial every number! As though I know all the phone numbers in my cell phone!
Can anyone make a product suggestion?
Thank you all.
Mary
Mary Lynn Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
mischik

My Ride: 05 M3 Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Reid View Post
Hello, I am a first time person here. Is the Dynavin a nav-Bluetooth in the dash unit? Is it something worthwhile? I bought a Qualair system and it does not have a phone book so it expects me to dial every number! As though I know all the phone numbers in my cell phone!
Can anyone make a product suggestion?
Thank you all.
Mary
I just finished my Dynavin install last night in an e46. Honestly it's slower than $hit. It moves so slowly between screens and doesnt recognize where I touch on the touch screen well. It has the worst radio tuner I've heard in ages, and is not intuitive *at all*. Yes it integrates bluetooth so I guess it's okay for that. I have the CE version 5. I don't think it's worth what I paid for it. It feels cheap.
mischik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynavin, install, los angeles