E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
BMW Throttle Spacers
Past Site Sponsor

M54b30 Manifold to M52tu Throttle Adaptors (Introductory Pricing)

Some of you may know me as "jared_wiesner" on the forums. This is my new forum sponsor account.

I would like to present my new throttle body adaptors for sale which I believe offer excellent value and performance compared to competitors options. I'm not here to make a massive profit. I want to give back to the community that has helped me so much.

It is becoming a well known that swapping an M54b30 intake manifold (from the 330's) onto a M52tu engine is an effective and affordable way to make more power with these engines. The only thing preventing it from being a bolt on job is the need for an adaptor to mount the M52tu's cable operated throttle body onto the new manifold. I would like to offer an affordable solution.

My m54b30 intake manifold to m52tu throttle body adaptors are made from a special nylon-based plastic that can withstand prolonged temperatures up to 400F. Since theres no way a throttle body on our engines will even see 200F, its defintely overkill. Being plastic, they offer a few advantages. One, is that this plastic is very similar to the plastic used to make the manifold. It expands and contracts at the same rate. This means less chance of vacuum leaks at the throttle body. Also, it works as a better insulator for the throttle body. This has been a well known "old hot-rodder's trick" for decades with special plastic spacers and even wooden spacers being used. The disadvantage of wood is that it doesn't hold up to gas or oils well. BMW manifolds already do a great job of insulating though, so this is more a case of "it can't hurt to have the potential for more heat dissipation." Finally, it means that I can offer it to you at almost half the cost of competitors products due to the ease of working with plastics vs metal and the low overhead I have.

This is the same spacer that with only an m54b30 manifold, ebay headers, and a long tube cold air intake (and with stock euro software) made 189 whp on my 328i. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...1&postcount=37

My special introductory price for these will be $39.99 USD including all required mounting hardware plus the cost of shipping. I will work with you to find whatever shipping option works best for you.

You can PM me, Email me, or phone me at:
jared_wiesner@rogers.com or 1-519-755-8060

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

All my best,
Jared Wiesner (BMW Throttle Spacers)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMWSPACER1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	443293   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMWSPACER2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	443294  
BMW Throttle Spacers is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
phubar

My Ride: 335is, HD
I was thinking about doing this in my 323 before buying the AA stage 2 sc kit here, its such a cheap mod that its kinda of tempting, do you think I would see a benefit from doing this swap in boosted 323? which im not sure it can even be done, I will have to do some more research.
phubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
BMW Throttle Spacers
Past Site Sponsor

I honestly can't see why the results wouldn't be exponential with forced induction. You are basically removing a bottle neck/restriction all the way through to the cylinder head from the throttle body. When you start trying to cram even more air in there, under pressure, the gains from removing the bottle neck would only be more exaggerated. It's never been done that I've seen. But it certainly would be beneficial, how beneficial has yet to be documented.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
phubar

My Ride: 335is, HD
well like I said its such a cheap mod that i might just try it, have you heard of swapping the m52tub25 intake manifold in the 323 with the m54b30 one? all the threads I found here are for the 328->330 swap.
phubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #5
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Welcome back. Great price. I will be In touch to order one, one of these days.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
BMW Throttle Spacers
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
Welcome back. Great price. I will be In touch to order one, one of these days.
Sounds good, just let me know!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
N4NOOK

My Ride: 323ci
Chance of shipping to Australia?
N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
BMW Throttle Spacers
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4NOOK View Post
Chance of shipping to Australia?
Absolutely, I will ship world wide. The only question is how economical we can make it for you. If you want me to, I can get you some prices. I will ship however you'd like it.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #9
N4NOOK

My Ride: 323ci
Yes please if you could provide prices that would be a great indicator, something like DHL express?
N4NOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #10
BMW Throttle Spacers
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4NOOK View Post
Yes please if you could provide prices that would be a great indicator, something like DHL express?
This was using Melbourne as an example to Australia, I now see that your in Victoria. Given that, the prices shouldn't change much. I used the lowest cost providers I could find.

Canada Post International Parcel - Surface Mail (likely quite a wait) $40.00 USD

Canada Post International Parcel - Xpresspost - (8 business days) $68.00 USD

DHL - Next Day (all that was available) - 83.00 USD

Let me know.

Last edited by BMW Throttle Spacers; 04-02-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #11
Jagermister323i

My Ride: 00 323iT/89 325is
pm'd you. Send paypal info so I can purchase one.

Jagermister323i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
Jagermister323i

My Ride: 00 323iT/89 325is
Cant send you a pm. Says you are not allowed to receive pms

Jagermister323i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
ewiccami

My Ride: 1999 BMW 328i
Hi Jared,

Tried e-mailing you, but not sure if it went through. Are you still making these adapters?
ewiccami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
adapters still available.

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is online now   Reply With Quote