E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #41
GSherbs

My Ride: 2002 330 xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
you won't regret it. the BMW nuts are VERY very nice. having four in my pocket almost made my shorts fall off very very heavy duty feeling/looking.
I can't believe dmax hasn't picked up on this yet. Talk about a setup!
GSherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #42
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
I did not install the pads, the previous owner did shortly before selling.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #43
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
you won't regret it. the BMW nuts are VERY very nice. having four in my pocket almost made my shorts fall off very very heavy duty feeling/looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Mind linking? I am very interested to read the threads. Does someone have an actual material comparison or test. If not it is all speculation. You can't really say the BMW ones just "feel" better when you hold them. Materials are deceiving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSherbs View Post
I can't believe dmax hasn't picked up on this yet. Talk about a setup!
When I held those nuts, I was very uncomfortable, not just coz there were four of them, but because they were in Mango's pockets...but he insisted.

I've been having weird dreams about nuts and ball joints and sure hope they stop.

BTW, Zell, you said you use the brakes softly...or something like that. I'd read somewhere years ago that hard braking is actually better. Because the pad is on the rotor less time, less heat is built up, there's less likelihood of those deposits getting on rotor, and ironically, both pad and rotor seem to last longer.

Can't say with authority that this is true, but I've been braking like this for years...got 60K miles on my front pads...and front rotors will go a second 60K miles. Also, threshold braking both scares and impresses the passengers...if they happen to be female, she might need you to comfort her after a few last minute brakings before a turn.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set Skip to 1:30
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #44
Lordray

My Ride: 2005 325Ci
After installing new rotors I still had a shake if braking aggressively. I put new control arms on, new control arm bushings, sway bar links (cause they looked old and brittle) and also new tie rods. No more shake and it feels like a new car! -2005 325Ci 112k
Lordray is offline   Reply With Quote