E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
gainer83

My Ride: BMW 325ci
ATTENTION CUSTOMERS!! BEWARE NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH nlmotoring.com!!!!!!

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS!! BEWARE NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH HIS SHADY SO CALLED "NL FRAUD-SCAM MOTORING" INC. I JUST GOT PLAYED FOR A FOOL WHEN THEY CLAIM I DAMAGE THEIR FENDER ROLL RENTAL AND NOT REFUND MY DEPOSIT.

They hit you with a $50+shipping+$200 deposit. "Telling you to inspect damage before use" and as soon as your return the rental they claim you "broke their thread bolt" and cannot refund your deposit. This shady company are full of BS. Please stay away!!!

They claimed I damage their fender roll rental(thread bolt) and refuse to refund my deposit. This shady company are scamming people and cant really prove it because who could have known they would go that low to earn a living.

does the pic looks thread bolt looks damage like they claimed it was to you guys???!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	467033   Click image for larger version

Name:	r3tgr.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	467034  
gainer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
I see no damage on those threads in the first picture, but in the second picture, are those damaged threads to the left of that cylinder thing? See how it looks flat in one location, or is that just some grease? Are those pictures that they sent you? Demand an exact explanation of what they're talking about, with the damage circled.

If there really is damage, tell them to rethread it with a Die. That's not an irreparable thing. I did some serious, serious thread damage once to my mountain bike on a highly expensive part (imagine dropping the subframe to replace something, that's analogous to what I would have had to do), and my local bike shop was able to rethread it without a problem.

If they're mad about the corrosion or whatnot between the threads, then tell them to take a wire wheel or wire brush to it.

Neither of those things cost $200 to do, and at the worst-case scenario, they should send you back the $200 minus the cost of a Die.

Edit: Looks like this isn't the only time they've done something sketchy...

http://www.rx8club.com/rx-8-discussi...d-vent-150468/

Quote:
ok so about 3 months ago i orderd xxr 006 rims from nlmotoring.com, and the other day they just informed me that they will be shipped soon. So about 6 days later they come in but to my suprise i only find 3, i call the company and tell them what happend and they said the only thing they cant do anything untill they file a claim with fed ex. long story short, the man told me the best option i have is to just purchase a new rim from them.
The person received 3 rims instead of 4, but then was told by nlmotoring that the best option is to purchase a new rim from them. Wow. That's amazing. That is certainly not the best option.

Last edited by Zell; 08-31-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
gainer83

Yeah, those are the pic they sent me.

I didnt see any damage either and even if I demand more pics, these shady company going to intentionally "damage" it if they havent already done so to keep my $200 deposit. And just for thought, a thread bolt is a place where people suppose to expect natural wear and tear. It was working fine after I used it. This fraudsters are earning a living doing this to tool rentals.

Please pass this along if you can. Imma call BBB tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
Tell them you see no damage and you have no clue what they're talking about from the pictures, then tell them you'll file with the BBB. Usually that'll get their attention.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
zanga254

My Ride: 2002 325xi ZPP
Send a message via Skype™ to zanga254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Tell them you see no damage and you have no clue what they're talking about from the pictures, then tell them you'll file with the BBB. Usually that'll get their attention.
+1, the BBB will take care of you well.
zanga254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
threads do look somewhat strange on the left.

well if they are going to charge you for it, then you should get to keep it.
the burden of proof that's it's damaged is on them. I really don't see this as some scam. Sorry, hope it all works out.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
2003silver330i

My Ride: 03 BMW 330i
Well if they want to claim damage then they better send you the fender roll since you bought it.
2003silver330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
gainer83

NEXT LEVEL MOTORING=FRAUDSTERS BEWARE!!! (in CA)

Customers beware not to do business with this company(nlmotoring.com)!!!

Scam customers out of their used fender roller rental deposit claiming they've damaged the rental with no real prove.

Last edited by gainer83; 10-05-2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: wrg forum
Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #9
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Isn't this a repost?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #10
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
yep it's a repost. guy has 4 post in general and does a repost in wrong forum again :facepalm:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...899&highlight=

and now libel with someone's full name.
I imagine this will result in a Ban.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
gainer83

oops mybad...keep getting in the wrong forum. Just trying to keep the community informed.