E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #2041
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish View Post
I replied to you because as an American, and a veteran, I feel you haven't "earned" sh!t because you possibly pay more taxes than someone else! Pull a term fighting for this country that you feel you can complain about because you pay taxes (like the rest of us), and until you do that, shut the fvck up and enjoy the fact you live in a country that you can complain about! Don't like it here, go back to where you're from!

Edit: me on a high horse lol... You're the clown talking about how much taxes you pay over someone else... Pot meet kettle!

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #2042
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I served in the military too. You don't know me so don't tell me I didn't earn sh!t. 400 people have a job because of me, how many have a job because of you? Spare me man. Yea, you're a real class act. I didn't earn sh!t? Who the fvck do you think you are telling me that? I bet I donate more money to vet services than you do, if you want to play the douchey who's d1ck is bigger on the internet.

BTW, based on your reply, you seem to think that American's that haven't served in the military didn't earn sh!t either right? After all, they didn't fight for anything right? I suppose the only way to contribute to a nation is to serve in the military, not to start a business, give vets jobs, etc etc. Military only. Oh oh...they were born here, so that means they automatically earned it right? Great. Maybe you can donate a little less to wounded warriors and a little more to the mexican anchor baby fund.
You have further solidified my pot meet kettle statement! All about money with you.. I pay all this money in taxes, I employ 400 people, I donate blah blah blah!!! I don't think any true American has earned the right to talk crap about this great country, and I find it hard to believe that you've ever served one day in the American military... You're one of those dudes that's done it all, right? Thread about business, you're a CEO. Thread about Law, you have a license to practice, thread about taxes, you've paid the most. Get over yourself, and go the fvck back to your country since you want to complain about this one. fvcking blowhard.

Ps: you want to know who I am, I'm the guy that's telling you to stop complaining and go back to your country, and take your elitist attitude with you... That's who I am! I apologize to the OP and the posters in this thread for going off topic, just boils my blood when people come here, prosper, then talk about how sh!tty this country is.

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"

Last edited by Swish; 07-22-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #2043
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
You have further solidified my pot meet kettle statement! All about money with you.. I pay all this money in taxes, I employ 400 people, I donate blah blah blah!!! I don't think any true American has earned the right to talk crap about this great country, and I find it hard to believe that you've ever served one day in the American military... You're one of those dudes that's done it all, right? Thread about business, you're a CEO. Thread about Law, you have a license to practice, thread about taxes, you've paid the most. Get over yourself, and go the fvck back to your country since you want to complain about this one. fvcking blowhard.

Ps: you want to know who I am, I'm the guy that's telling you to stop complaining and go back to your country, and take your elitist attitude with you... That's who I am! I apologize to the OP and the posters in this thread for going off topic, just boils my blood when people come here, prosper, then talk about how sh!tty this country is.
Show me a single post where I said this country was sh!tty.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #2044
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
I served in the military too. You don't know me so don't tell me I didn't earn sh!t. 400 people have a job because of me, how many have a job because of you? Spare me man. Yea, you're a real class act. I didn't earn sh!t? Who the fvck do you think you are telling me that? I bet I donate more money to vet services than you do, if you want to play the douchey who's d1ck is bigger on the internet.

BTW, based on your reply, you seem to think that American's that haven't served in the military didn't earn sh!t either right? After all, they didn't fight for anything right? I suppose the only way to contribute to a nation is to serve in the military, not to start a business, give vets jobs, etc etc. Military only. Oh oh...they were born here, so that means they automatically earned it right? Great. Maybe you can donate a little less to wounded warriors and a little more to the mexican anchor baby fund.
You set yourself up for that kind of criticism with your own post.

You said:

Quote:
Because I pay more taxes than you do, thus, bought my right to complain. Furthermore, lol at the immigrant comment. I bet there isn't one person that you know that doesn't have someone that came from somewhere else in their family...either that, or you're just a dumb redneck hick.
How much does it cost to buy the right to complain? What's the price in $s? Is $1 enough, or do you have to crack a certain tax-paying threshold before you're allowed to complain?

If there are other ways to "buy" the right to complain, you should have mentioned them in your original claim, instead of focusing solely on money paid in taxes.

You MUST understand how someone that's served in the military, or been a firefighter, or done a lot of volunteer work, or just lived life as a productive and contributing member of society, would take your comment about needing to pay the greatest $s in taxes in order to "buy the right to complain" as also saying their contributions are worthless.

You see that, right?

Once you see that, can you understand how Swish, who volunteered for military service, and then was deployed to a few sandy places, but maybe hasn't paid as much $s in taxes as you claim to have, would be insulted by your insinuation that he hasn't "bought the right to complain"?

- Bestop briefcase

----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #2045
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post

You said:

How much does it cost to buy the right to complain? What's the price in $s? Is $1 enough, or do you have to crack a certain tax-paying threshold before you're allowed to complain?

If there are other ways to "buy" the right to complain, you should have mentioned them in your original claim, instead of focusing solely on money paid in taxes.

You MUST understand how someone that's served in the military, or been a firefighter, or done a lot of volunteer work, or just lived life as a productive and contributing member of society, would take your comment about needing to pay the greatest $s in taxes in order to "buy the right to complain" as also saying their contributions are worthless.

You see that, right?

Once you see that, can you understand how Swish, who volunteered for military service, and then was deployed to a few sandy places, but maybe hasn't paid as much $s in taxes as you claim to have, would be insulted by your insinuation that he hasn't "bought the right to complain"?
I fear we have derailed this thread a bit, but I think a reply is warranted. First of all, I never came on, and volunteered information. I didn't randomly post "oh hai, I pay mega taxes. I'm awesome." You can clearly see I was replying to an insulting post that I am a "worthless" and "complaining" immigrant, and have no right to complain about anything. As a contributing citizen of this country that has lived here most of my life, I took offense to that comment and responded. Simple as that. The point of my post was that this worthless immigrant greatly contributes to society by employing a lot of people, paying his taxes, and donates a fair amount of money to charities of various flavors. Again, none of this information was posted just because, but in response. Swish should know that there are plenty of immigrants in the US military, and while I am sure they earned his respect, those that did not serve in the US military but still contribute to society are not "worthless immigrants." If all you took from my post is "this guy pays a lot in taxes" then I am sorry for your poor inference. To me, it was quite clear what the point of my post was. It was a clear response that "worthless immigrants" pay a lot of taxes, which BTW help fund the military. Furthermore, my comment was 100% (clearly so BTW) directed at the poster with the insulting comment) not people in general. As for Swish doing all that, great. He should be proud. You know what? I do just as much. I hold blood-drives, I volunteer at the local hospitals, nursing homes, hold drives for my local PD/Fire departments, etc. None of that matters. What good Swish does and what good I do are personal pride matters.

Swish took my comment clearly aimed at someone else, and tugged it towards himself. I never once said that I hate this country, I never once said this country sucks, nor did I once say that I would rather be anywhere else. Never once did I say he didn't earn the right to complain...hell, my comment was made before his. Oh, and yes, I believe being a taxpaying citizen on this country earns one the right to complain, regardless of how much one earns, which the insulting poster seemed to have forgotten. Immigrant or not, our system gives citizens the right to complain.

I wish Swish read my comment more carefully, and saw that it was nothing more than a very specific rebuttal. The second post was a rebuttal to his comment, and again, not volunteered information.

For a smart guy, I was surprised he jumped down my throat like that.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 07-22-2012 at 11:34 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #2046
Swish

Quote:
The average American did not have their lives destroyed by sh!tty media, a sh!tty president, a sh!tty public, and sh!tty politicians from defending himself against a sh!tty thug drugdealer.
Quote:
I fear we have derailed this thread a bit, but I think a reply is warranted. First of all, I never came on, and volunteered information. I didn't randomly post "oh hai, I pay mega taxes. I'm awesome." You can clearly see I was replying to an insulting post that I am a "worthless" and "complaining" immigrant, and have no right to complain about anything. As a contributing citizen of this country that has lived here most of my life, I took offense to that comment and responded. Simple as that. The point of my post was that this worthless immigrant greatly contributes to society by employing a lot of people, paying his taxes, and donates a fair amount of money to charities of various flavors. Again, none of this information was posted just because, but in response. Swish should know that there are plenty of immigrants in the US military, and while I am sure they earned his respect, those that did not serve in the US military but still contribute to society are not "worthless immigrants." If all you took from my post is "this guy pays a lot in taxes" then I am sorry for your poor inference. To me, it was quite clear what the point of my post was. It was a clear response that "worthless immigrants" pay a lot of taxes, which BTW help fund the military. Furthermore, my comment was 100% (clearly so BTW) directed at the poster with the insulting comment) not people in general. As for Swish doing all that, great. He should be proud. You know what? I do just as much. I hold blood-drives, I volunteer at the local hospitals, nursing homes, hold drives for my local PD/Fire departments, etc. None of that matters. What good Swish does and what good I do are personal pride matters.

Swish took my comment clearly aimed at someone else, and tugged it towards himself. I never once said that I hate this country, I never once said this country sucks, nor did I once say that I would rather be anywhere else. Never once did I say he didn't earn the right to complain...hell, my comment was made before his. Oh, and yes, I believe being a taxpaying citizen on this country earns one the right to complain, regardless of how much one earns, which the insulting poster seemed to have forgotten. Immigrant or not, our system gives citizens the right to complain.

I wish Swish read my comment more carefully, and saw that it was nothing more than a very specific rebuttal. The second post was a rebuttal to his comment, and again, not volunteered information.

For a smart guy, I was surprised he jumped down my throat like that.
I apologize if I read your post wrong, but I honestly think I read it right. I wasn't the only one to comment on your sh!tty comments about our sh!tty public, sh!tty president, and sh!tty media (I agree with you on the media). If you don't like Americans as a people, go back to where you're from, we don't need your money.

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #2047
Swish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post

You said:

You see that, right?

no one can buy the right to complain about this great nation... Especially someone who came from somewhere else and prospered here. to you for understanding my intent.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #2048
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
no one can buy the right to complain about this great nation... Especially someone who came from somewhere else and prospered here.
Especially when they want to b*tch about f*cking entitlement mentality.

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #2049
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I apologize if I read your post wrong, but I honestly think I read it right. I wasn't the only one to comment on your sh!tty comments about our sh!tty public, sh!tty president, and sh!tty media (I agree with you on the media). If you don't like Americans as a people, go back to where you're from, we don't need your money.
C'mon man, you know EXACTLY what I mean. If you didn't, then no big deal, but the attack was a bit much, so apologies all around. Look at the title of this thread.

My comments of sh!tty people, sh!tty media, and a sh!tty president all have to do with this case. Im not sure if you have been reading this thread, but I am pretty pro zimmerman. Now, Obama made a comment about Treyvon. The media painted zimmerman out to be Jason, and the people convicted him to the point that he was running for his life. What the above 3 groups did to Zimmerman is NOT the American way. We let the justice system do it's job, not have Spike Lee tweet out the accused address, or have Will Smith comment that "only in the US can someone kill a black man and still be free." The sh!tty people I was talking about were inciting racial divides and thanks to groups like the black panthers and certain members of congress, that goal was well achieved. So, nowhere did I comment on America, or the "people." They were specifically aimed at the people who attacked Zimmerman.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #2050
Swish

Quote:
C'mon man, you know EXACTLY what I mean. If you didn't, then no big deal, but the attack was a bit much, so apologies all around. Look at the title of this thread.

My comments of sh!tty people, sh!tty media, and a sh!tty president all have to do with this case. Im not sure if you have been reading this thread, but I am pretty pro zimmerman. Now, Obama made a comment about Treyvon. The media painted zimmerman out to be Jason, and the people convicted him to the point that he was running for his life. What the above 3 groups did to Zimmerman is NOT the American way. We let the justice system do it's job, not have Spike Lee tweet out the accused address, or have Will Smith comment that "only in the US can someone kill a black man and still be free." The sh!tty people I was talking about were inciting racial divides and thanks to groups like the black panthers and certain members of congress, that goal was well achieved. So, nowhere did I comment on America, or the "people." They were specifically aimed at the people who attacked Zimmerman.
Well in hindsight, Martin and Zimmerman put themselves into this situation (no one else). So if you want to blame the American public, the American leadership and the American media for a situation these two individuals put themselves in, then youre not as smart as I thought you were. Again, it's not our (Americans) fault Zimmerman is in the situation he's in, ITS HIS!

Edit: Personnal accountability is huge for me. Several things could have been done to avoid this whole situation.

Last edited by Swish; 07-23-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #2051
BB BMW

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
They didn't get there on their own.
Somewhere along the way, somone helped them.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #2052
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Well in hindsight, Martin and Zimmerman put themselves into this situation (no one else). So if you want to blame the American public, the American leadership and the American media for a situation these two individuals put themselves in, then youre not as smart as I thought you were. Again, it's not our (Americans) fault Zimmerman is in the situation he's in, ITS HIS!

Edit: Personnal accountability is huge for me. Several things could have been done to avoid this whole situation.
Im sorry brother, but I don't think that Zimmerman put himself in this situation. It was public pressure and an overzealous DA that put him in this situation, all with their own motives, neither one has anything to do with justice, and THAT is not the America you and I love.

As for your final comment, to me, personal responsibility is paramount. However, hindsight is always 20/20. We weren't there, and we don't know how we would have dealt with the situation. I find it wrong and unamerican to chastise zimmerman for defending himself from a potentially lethal attack.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 07-23-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #2053
Swish

Quote:
Im sorry brother, but I don't think that Zimmerman put himself in this situation. It was public pressure and an overzealous DA that put him in this situation, all with their own motives, neither one has anything to do with justice, and THAT is not the America you and I love.

As for your final comment, to me, personal responsibility is paramount. However, hindsight is always 20/20. We weren't there, and we don't know how we would have dealt with the situation. I find it wrong and unamerican to chastise zimmerman for defending himself from a potentially lethal attack.
A. He wasn't obligated to follow this dude around his neighborhood.
B. He didn't have to use deadly force (pepper spray, taser gun, hand to hand self defense). If you take it upon yourself to protect your neighborhood, learn to personally protect yourself without deadly force.
C. The whole situation could have been mitigated by both Z and Martin, without someone perishing!
If you truly believe in personal accountability, you'd be able to reasonably deduce that Z put himself in that situation!

Old 07-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #2054
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
B. He didn't have to use deadly force (pepper spray, taser gun, hand to hand self defense). If you take it upon yourself to protect your neighborhood, learn to personally protect yourself without deadly force.
C. The whole situation could have been mitigated by both Z and Martin, without someone perishing!
If you truly believe in personal accountability, you'd be able to reasonably deduce that Z put himself in that situation!
Well said!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #2055
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
A) Absolutely zero evidence of this happening.

B) 100% legal and one has a the right to defend bodily harm with deadly force. Your opinion may vary, but in the state of Florida, that is the law and I personally support it.

C) You are couch coaching. Could have should have. We werent there and we don't know the circumstances so we can't say what COULD have been done to avoid someone getting killed.

Btw, did you watch his Hannity interview? Curious to what you thought about it.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 07-23-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #2056
Swish

Quote:

B) 100% legal and one has a the right to defend bodily harm with deadly force. Your opinion may vary, but in the state of Florida, that is the law and I personally support it.

C) You are couch coaching. Could have should have. We werent there and we don't know the circumstances so we can't say what COULD have been done to avoid someone getting killed.

I heard the 911 tape with Z out of breath following Martin, did you hear something otherwise? I understand it was legal, doesn't mean he couldn't explore other options to protect himself (hence if he did, he wouldn't be in this situation). I'm not couch coaching anything. People have choices, and depending on the ones they chose they put themselves in situations. Not exactly sure why you don't understand that both Martin and Zimmerman put themselves in their respective situations (notice I keep mentioning both... Means I'm not emotionally tied to either person) but they put themselves there and must suffer the impact. Why don't you get this?
No I didn't catch his interview... I'll YouTube it and check it out...

Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #2057
Swish

Quote:

Saw the interview last night, pretty good interview. I think he's full of sh!t when he said it was the wind, not him out of breath. And what was up with why he said Martin looked suspious (he was walking slow) . I'll let the courts figure it out, but I still maintain he made a bad CHOICE! He could have went home, or continued his weekly shopping run.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #2058
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Saw the interview last night, pretty good interview. I think he's full of sh!t when he said it was the wind, not him out of breath. And what was up with why he said Martin looked suspious (he was walking slow) . I'll let the courts figure it out, but I still maintain he made a bad CHOICE! He could have went home, or continued his weekly shopping run.
I am personally inclined to agree with you (I thought it was him breathing heavy as well) but if it was, it actually hurts your theory because the heavy breathing immediately stops when he is told to stop following. So, if we do think it's breathing, then the sudden stop signifies full compliance with the dispatchers instructions. Second, more than 1/2 way into the phone call, he blatantly says that he has no idea where Martin is (which is why he didn't want to give his address out over the phone,) and during the interview, he told Hannity that he wasn't following HIM, he was following his direction to tell the police the house address, since he was in the back of the houses and the address numbers are on the front.

However, the weather reports from that night do corroborate his wind story, it was a pretty stormy night with high winds. IMHO, it's doesn't REALLY matter.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 07-24-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #2059
Swish

Quote:
I am personally inclined to agree with you (I thought it was him breathing heavy as well) but if it was, it actually hurts your theory because the heavy breathing immediately stops when he is told to stop following. So, if we do think it's breathing, then the sudden stop signifies full compliance with the dispatchers instructions. Second, more than 1/2 way into the phone call, he blatantly says that he has no idea where Martin is (which is why he didn't want to give his address out over the phone,) and during the interview, he told Hannity that he wasn't following HIM, he was following his direction to tell the police the house address, since he was in the back of the houses and the address numbers are on the front.

However, the weather reports from that night do corroborate his wind story, it was a pretty stormy night with high winds. IMHO, it's doesn't REALLY matter.
Actually doesn't hurt my theory at all... He shouldn't have followed him in the first place, so you've actually helped my theory. Again, Zimmerman (and Martin) are in the situation they're in because the both made bad choices, no?

Edit: how do you follow someone's direction without following them? Doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by Swish; 07-25-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #2060
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Actually doesn't hurt my theory at all... He shouldn't have followed him in the first place, so you've actually helped my theory. Again, Zimmerman (and Martin) are in the situation they're in because the both made bad choices, no?
I personally don't think Zimmerman made any choices other than calling the police. The rest was nothing more than an appropriate reaction. Back to the following part...the dispatcher asked him where Martin was going so he went to go give them an address. He made the call seatbelted in his car, which shows he did NOT follow on his own. Finally, if he shot Martin when Martin confronted him, your theory holds water, he made a choice to shoot him. However, shooting him AFTER taking a beating as a last resort, IMHO is not a choice.