E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #2121
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Can you figure out a way to stop every shooting of every person before it happens so we don't ever have to argue about whether it was justified after the fact?

Cuz unless you can do that, this is how its gonna go down.

If you've got a way, count me in.
That's not an answer. It's a cop out.
Arming stupid people doesn't stop shooting of every person. In fact that's exactly why we are in this thread. Mother of all ironies.
Do you have a way to screen out stupid people from owning a gun?

Last edited by Master Po; 08-03-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #2122
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
Once again, you don't have to be near death.

In fear of SERIOUS BODILY INJURY is Florida law.

If you don't feel that getting your head smack against concrete repeatedly after getting your nose broken is serious bodily injury, then you are much tougher than I am.
A Zimmerman bullet killed a boy who was walking through a neighborhood.

I'd call that "serious bodily injury".

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #2123
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Arming stupid people doesn't stop shooting of every person. In fact that's exactly why we are in this thread. Mother of all ironies.

Do you? (please don't tell me something stupid like laws and paperwork.)
Old 08-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #2124
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
A Zimmerman bullet killed a boy who was walking through a neighborhood.

I'd call that "serious bodily injury".
Like I said Glockman, hardparking troll. Don't waste your time.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #2125
Lair

Of course.

Valid point = troll.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #2126
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
No, your reply was a cop out to begin with. People have been killing people for all of history. First it was probably with bare hands and teeth. Then came rocks. Then came sharp rocks. Then sharp bronze stuff. Along came increasingly fast projectiles. Poison, electricity, drowning, cars, explosions, exposure, starvation, facesitting fat chicks and myriad others were added to the quiver over the centuries.

People are killing people today. There are no indications that people will stop killing people any time in the future.

We will always be dealing with a person that killed another person. So there will always be survivors "battling the definition out in court".

Saying that we should stop people from killing people because the definition of justified vs unjustified killings is a difficult battle to have is not going to solve anything.

If you disagree with the FL law, post the law and state how you'd change it.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #2127
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Of course.

Valid point = troll.
Valid point. Right. He wasn't shot because he was walking. He got shot because he was assaulting the person. Like I said, troll gonna troll.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #2128
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
None of this would've happend if Zimm stayed in the car and let the police handle it.

If you approach me with gun and no badge I'm fighting for my life too.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #2129
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
None of this would've happend if Zimm stayed in the car and let the police handle it.

1) No evidence he was approached at all.
2) Gun did not make an appearance until WELL into the incident.
3) There would be no police if Zimmerman didn't call them
4) You fail at our justice system. Zimmerman has a right as a resident to be suspicious. If there is someone walking around my building that I don't know (6 apartments) you better believe I'm going to see what they are doing when my wife and daughter are sleeping upstairs. The fact that he "handled" it has absolutely nothing to do with this case. The case is simple, did he have the right to shoot Martin? Under Florida law, and the evidence of his beating, yes, he did. Period. Everything else Lair is bullsh!tting about simply doesn't matter. Martin walking doesn't matter. His hoodie doesn't matter. Skittles don't matter. Rain doesn't matter. What matters is did Martin beat up Zimmerman, was Zimmerman in reasonable fear, and that is it.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #2130
Master Po

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post

Do you? (please don't tell me something stupid like laws and paperwork.)
You really don't understand half of what you read... or do you not read?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #2131
Master Po

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
No, your reply was a cop out to begin with. People have been killing people for all of history. First it was probably with bare hands and teeth. Then came rocks. Then came sharp rocks. Then sharp bronze stuff. Along came increasingly fast projectiles. Poison, electricity, drowning, cars, explosions, exposure, starvation, facesitting fat chicks and myriad others were added to the quiver over the centuries.

People are killing people today. There are no indications that people will stop killing people any time in the future.

We will always be dealing with a person that killed another person. So there will always be survivors "battling the definition out in court".

Saying that we should stop people from killing people because the definition of justified vs unjustified killings is a difficult battle to have is not going to solve anything.

If you disagree with the FL law, post the law and state how you'd change it.
You started well, but made a huge leap there. Let's backtrack.
"... Along came increasingly fast projectiles..."
At one point in the wild wild west, everybody was armed, just like you gun-ho folks are advocating.
Why did society move away from that model?
Despite your refusal to understand or admit, we moved away. Some of you folks are trying to bring it back. So it's you onus to prove your case.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #2132
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
1) No evidence he was approached at all.
2) Gun did not make an appearance until WELL into the incident.
3) There would be no police if Zimmerman didn't call them
4) You fail at our justice system. Zimmerman has a right as a resident to be suspicious.
1) No evidence Zimmerman was approached either.

2) That's what Zimmerman Says but is it true?

3) I agree. All Zimm had to do is call police (which he did) and stay his a$$ in the car, after the dispatcher said. "we don't need you to do that"

4) Of course Zimm had a right to be suspicious, Me no fail at the justice system. But you believing in one side of the story is quite hilarious.

Last edited by phrozen06; 08-03-2012 at 03:51 PM.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #2133
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
1) No evidence Zimmerman was approached either.

2) That's what Zimmerman Says but is it true?

3) I agree. All Zimm had to do is call police (which he did) and stay his a$$ in the car, after the dispatcher said. "we don't need you to do that"

4) Of course Zimm had a right to be suspicious, Me no fail at the justice system. But you believing in one side of the story is quite hilarious.
1) There is. His face was busted up. He didn't punch himself. There is evidence that Treyvon assaulted him.

2) Do you have evidence otherwise? The evidence is in Zimmerman's favor. If Martin saw Zimmerman holding a gun, do you think he was stupid enough to attack anyway, and if Zimmerman was indeed holding the gun, does it make sense that he took such a beating before using it? No. In court, your theory wouldn't stand for two seconds.

3) You have no evidence that he didn't. He lives there, and has a right to walk around the development. There is zero evidence he was going after Martin. His story is that he was walking to the front of the townhomes to see the address, and he quite clearly told the police almost a minute after he was told to stop "following" that he had no idea where Martin is.

4) What's the other side of the story? That is not how our justice system works. The "other side" is now made up by other individuals. Is the system perfect? No, but it's what we have. The prosecution's job is to find out if the defendants story holds water, and in Zimmerman's case, there is almost nothing that proves otherwise.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #2134
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
At one point in the wild wild west, everybody was armed, just like you gun-ho folks are advocating.
Despite your refusal to understand or admit, we moved away. Some of you folks are trying to bring it back. So it's you onus to prove your case.
Research the origins of gun control. Gun control was started by the DEMOCRATS to keep guns away from blacks. It was yet another power the government aquired, and over the years, grew it into a monster.

http://nation.foxnews.com/ann-coulte...arm-themselves

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa092699.htm

The first gun control law on the books...

Quote:
In a reaction to emancipation, several southern states adopt "black codes" which, among other things, forbid black persons from possessing firearms.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 08-03-2012 at 04:15 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #2135
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:

You get approached all the time and somehow you manage to avoid attacking your approachers and making them fear for their lives. So what do you do or not do that makes you different from Trayvon?

Quote:

First of all, cite a reliable source that "everybody was armed" in the wild wild west. Don't believe everything Hollywood teaches you about history. You'll find that the saloon packed with six-shooter slinging cowboys is a fictious fabrication.

Second, was the per-capita murder rate higher or lower than it is today? And what other cultural and environmental factors played into that besides just gun ownership?

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #2136
Lair

at the Fox News link.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #2137
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
at the Fox News link.
Care to disprove it? Didn't think so troll. Trollin ain't easy but it's necessary...
Old 08-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #2138
Lair

You mean they got ONE right?

If I ever see Zimmerman walking toward me, he's going down. I'm not going to give anyone the opportunity to kill me and manufacture a story to justify it. It's not like he hasn't done it before.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #2139
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
You mean they got ONE right?

If I ever see Zimmerman walking toward me, he's going down. I'm not going to give anyone the opportunity to kill me and manufacture a story to justify it. It's not like he hasn't done it before.
saved for future reference/evidence at trial.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #2140
Lair

A trial won't prove anything other than my original projection: Zimmerman will walk away from a central FL whitebread courtroom. He's a hero to his peers (chickensh*t thugs who wannbe cops).

Quote:
Congratulations.