E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #201
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
This guy is obviously biased, but still a "witness" to the injuries:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...erman-03302012
Quote:
"I saw George. He was banged up. His head had two big bandages, that weren't flat, had a bump on them," the neighbor, who did not want to be identified, said.

He described where the injuries were.

"I seen him have a big bandage on his nose and his nose swollen. On the side, where his eyes were at, it was swollen," he said.

He points out exactly where on a picture.

"I seen the bandage right here, and this side of his nose and this side of his nose was swollen.

The surveillance video was released by Sanford police of Zimmerman when he was brought in for questioning after the shooting. Bruises and bandages aren't visible, but you can see an officer looking at the back of his head.

"Once you get into a fight you don't show bruises that day, it shows the next day," he said.

The neighbor says Zimmerman had to have acted in self-defense.

"I think something happened that night where he had to defend himself," the neighbor said.

He says that the voice heard screaming on the 911 call is that of George Zimmerman.

"I hear his voice every single day, I talk to him every single day," he said.
Hope Spike Lee doesn't tweet his address too. I found a picture of him, though, for identification purposes...

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #202
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #203
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Common knowledge but worth pointing out

Quote:
Once you get into a fight you don't show bruises that day, it shows the next day," he said.
Having been in my fair share of fights and taking a beating on more than one occasion, this is true. Your injuries will show through in the days following, when your skin is bruising and healing. Also, not all injuries are visible and on the "skin". Take a bottle or two to your head and you'll understand what I mean.

I hope Zim took good pics and documented his injuries. Being that said... media like everything else is focusing on his injuries too much.
Sure, they add shock value and "justification" to the minds of people not well versed in law. Injuries don't have to be present in order justify self defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 04-01-2012 at 10:55 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #204
that_one_guy

My Ride: 3er Schaltgetriebe
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ific-certainty

So if Trayvon was beating Zimmerman then why was Trayvon the one screaming? JonJon get in here and explain to us the specifics of why the voice analysis experts are wrong.

Last edited by that_one_guy; 04-01-2012 at 11:37 AM.
that_one_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #205
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_one_guy View Post

So if Trayvon was beating Zimmerman then why was Trayvon the one screaming? JonJon get in here and explain to us the specifics of why the voice analysis experts are wrong.

Voice expert didn't conclude anything. 48% chance? You need Z to scream again...but even if there isn't a match it doesn't prove anything
Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #206
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:

lol @ 48%

48% match, which means jack squat. More criminal reporting. Who paid for the study to be done anyway?

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #207
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:

All that says is that there's a 50% chance its Zimmerman and that they know it isn't martin. FFS even his dad said it wasn't his voice in the recording, backed up by eyewitness statement.

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #208
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:

Easy, they are wrong. Even Trayvons dad said it wasn't him screaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #209
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Once you get into a fight you don't show bruises that day, it shows the next day," he said.
I see this in boxing all the time...hold on, wait a minute, the bruises show up before the fight is over.
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #210
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///M View Post
I see this in boxing all the time...hold on, wait a minute, the bruises show up before the fight is over.

You're comparing professional fighters going 3 minute rounds throwing consistent blows to the same areas causing trauma and blood vessels bursting on the spot/swelling, to a fight that probably lasted 30 seconds to a minute.

You bang your leg on a table... the bruise appears instantly?

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #211
Black///M

During my trouble youth the first punch in a fight went to the middle of the face to hopefuly swell both eyes and making it an easy fight. The eyes swolled in just seconds. Boxers don't have magical legendary powers capable of causing damage just because they are boxers, they are just ordinary people like anyone else.

This incident is extremely fvcked up because it fvcks anyone who is carrying legally and knows how to fall the law regarding conceal carry.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #212
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///M View Post
During my trouble youth the first punch in a fight went to the middle of the face to hopefuly swell both eyes and making it an easy fight. The eyes swolled in just seconds. Boxers don't have magical legendary powers capable of causing damage just because they are boxers, they are just ordinary people like anyone else.

This incident is extremely fvcked up because it fvcks anyone who is carrying legally and knows how to fall the law regarding conceal carry.
Yeah, because ordinary people throw punches to make a living.

I see what you're saying, but a 30 second fight isn't going to result in immediate bruising/swelling unless the kid is a pro. I doubt he landed many punches to the face, where the damage would be greater and show more quickly.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion

Last edited by DME46; 04-01-2012 at 02:04 PM.
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #213
Black///M

Back home kids go to the sports club to learn the basics of boxing which are stance and cover. Those are truly the most difficult aspect of boxing. Every time someone throws a punch they naturally lower the guard hand for balance. The foot work is more important because it let the boxer evade and stay within balance to throw a punch. Anyone can learn those skills if they put the time and energy to do so. I acknowledge some people have better skills, like speed, strength, resilience, and stamina making them better than others. No single boxer possesses all those skills, but some have a nice combination that makes them successful.

I have seen people get destroyed during a street fight with just one punch in the middle of the face. Their face swelled shutting both eyes within 5-10 seconds. At that point it was really kind of abusive and unnecessary to keep fighting.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #214
emmm_three

My Ride: ML350/325i/330ci/M3
So I've been under a rock the past few weeks..this is crazy, should Bill Bellichick be considered armed and dangerous also?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #215
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
well if he rolled through a neighborhood where fat , white , old , angry looking guys were spotted numerous times committing robberies and other crimes then ,yes , i would consider him suspicious.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #216
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
well if he rolled through a neighborhood where fat , white , old , angry looking guys were spotted numerous times committing robberies and other crimes then ,yes , i would consider him suspicious.
Capital Hill?

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #217
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardPark'd TT View Post
Capital Hill?
those bastards never wear hoodies. they don't need to hide their face when they're fvcking you.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #218
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
So Zimmerman was in a fight for his life, and was getting his ass kicked so bad that he thought he was going to die?

Hours later, the police station video shows he doesn't have a scratch on him. Looks like a life or death struggle to me.

You people are really buying Zimmerman's lies?

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #219
Mayo

My Ride: CBR600RR
Look at the Trayvon Martin supporters in the comments section:

Last edited by Mayo; 04-01-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Mayo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #220
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
You mean the kid who was tried, convicted, and executed by George Zimmerman on a FL street?

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote