E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #2381
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc
Exactly. There is no evidence to have a trial in the first place so they fabricated it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
That's your opinion.
You'll understand that I put zero trust in you (or anyone else not directly involved with the case), as you have not seen anything that was not presented by the media.
I prefer to believe the jury.
lol

well it can be inferred from NFRs2000nyc opinion that we should take everyone at their word, and generally speaking, everyone is honest and no one lies - right?

I agree, lets let a jury decide.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-08-2012 at 03:38 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #2382
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
That's your opinion.
You'll understand that I put zero trust in you (or anyone else not directly involved with the case), as you have not seen anything that was not presented by the media.
If I understand the process correctly, first it will go to a hearing with just the judge, who will determine if there's enough evidence that the shooting was NOT self defense to justify it actually going to trial.

If the prosecution doesn't have the evidence to convince the judge that a trial is required, it won't go to a jury.

IANAL

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #2383
MDydinanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
If I understand the process correctly, first it will go to a hearing with just the judge, who will determine if there's enough evidence that the shooting was NOT self defense to justify it actually going to trial.

If the prosecution doesn't have the evidence to convince the judge that a trial is required, it won't go to a jury.

IANAL
Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #2384
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
lol

well it can be inferred from NFRs2000nyc opinion that we should take everyone at their word, and generally speaking, everyone is honest and no one lies - right?

I agree, lets let a jury decide.
No. That is our system. There was and is absolutely no evidence of a crime which under Florida law makes Zimmerman immune from prosecution. Go back and watch the Dershowitz video I posted earlier. We don't take anyone at their word, but we do have a system to follow, and it wasn't. It was manipulated to please some loud mouth minorities and politicians.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #2385
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
That's your opinion.
You'll understand that I put zero trust in you (or anyone else not directly involved with the case), as you have not seen anything that was not presented by the media. And y'all made the case that the media is not trustworthy.
Believe the jury? What jury? There is no jury and there is going to be no jury.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #2386
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:

Sure, we can take a known thug's word that he NEEDED to shoot an unarmed 17 year old kid.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #2387
MDydinanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
No. That is our system. There was and is absolutely no evidence of a crime which under Florida law makes Zimmerman immune from prosecution. Go back and watch the Dershowitz video I posted earlier. We don't take anyone at their word, but we do have a system to follow, and it wasn't. It was manipulated to please some loud mouth minorities and politicians.
You realize all the family wanted in the first place was a closer look into the incident - a second look so to speak? It was only when they were ignored that this thing blew up.

Curious, do you have kids?

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #2388
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post

IANAL
Either way real evidence will be presented, in a formal setting.
Unlike what was presented via the media, Photoshopped/edited or whatever.
I'm amazed that a handful of folks here have tried and absolved Z based on what was reported in the media.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #2389
MDydinanM

Quote:
I'm amazed that a handful of folks here have tried and absolved Z based on what was reported in the media.
exactly - that goes for both sides though.

Casey Anthony got off b/c the prosecution couldn't make a convincing case against her - despite the media. Whether or not she's really guilty and got off, who knows. But that's our system.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #2390
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
You realize all the family wanted in the first place was a closer look into the incident - a second look so to speak? It was only when they were ignored that this thing blew up.

Curious, do you have kids?
Yes I have a daughter. As for the "all yet wanted was a second look" sorry, BS. They blew it up all over media. Police determined there was no foul play and it was a case of self defense. They didn't like that so they race baited the media. When Zimmerman walks with suitcases full of money from NBC, they are going to be even more pissed and are going to try and sue him in civil court, even though by law he is immune from a civil suit.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #2391
Master Po

Quote:

Casey Anthony got off b/c the prosecution couldn't make a convincing case against her - despite the media. Whether or not she's really guilty and got off, who knows. But that's our system.
Absolutely.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #2392
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
The evidence damning in favor of Zimmerman. The actions of Martin and his pundits solidify his case even more. The media and the rest of them however decided that he needs to get the chair ASAP. Spike lee decided to terrorize his parents and the black panthers decided to put a bounty on his head. No one is putting them on trial huh? Mr I'm a minority Eric holder seems to be buddy buddy with the black panthers, that's the real tragedy.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 12-08-2012 at 04:00 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #2393
Lair
Modded ///Member

Quote:
EiI'm amazed that a handful of folks here have tried and absolved Z based on what was reported in the media.
They're 100% convinced that he did no wrong - even though the only "facts" we know are Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman killed him.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #2394
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:

Anthony was guilty as sh!t, but there is no evidence so there is no case. Zimmerman has evidence....100% of which is in his favor.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #2395
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
They're 100% convinced that he did no wrong - even though the only "facts" we know are Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman killed him.
We know a lot more than that, you just choose to ignore all of it.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #2396
Lair
Modded ///Member

Quote:
We know a lot more than that, you just choose to ignore all of it.
Tell me what you KNOW about this case.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #2397
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Tell me what you KNOW about this case.
It's all in this thread. I destroyed any and all arguments you decided to babble. Your understanding of the legal system equates to a 3 year old.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 12-08-2012 at 04:02 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #2398
Lair
Modded ///Member

Of course.

No answer.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #2399
Master Po

Quote:
The evidence is damning in favor of Zimmerman. The actions of Martin and his pundits solidify his case even more. The media and the rest of them however decided that he needs to get the chair ASAP. Spike lee decided to terrorize his parents and the black panthers decided to put a bounty on his head. No one is putting them on trial huh? Mr I'm a minority Eric holder seems to be buddy buddy with the black panthers, that's the real tragedy.
For the n-th time, what you (and anyone else here) have does not meet the standard of evidence in a court room. It's hear say at best.
The fact that you're so adamantly advocating Z's innocence tells me clearly that your opinion is totally biased. You're desperately hoping that Z doesn't get convicted because that would put a serious dent in the principles you value (stand your ground, gun carry, etc). You (and all those that contributed money to Z) are using him as a poster boy for your cause. Plain and simple.
It's not justice and not how our system works.

Last edited by Master Po; 12-08-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #2400
MDydinanM

Quote:
Yes I have a daughter. As for the "all yet wanted was a second look" sorry, BS. They blew it up all over media. Police determined there was no foul play and it was a case of self defense. They didn't like that so they race baited the media. When Zimmerman walks with suitcases full of money from NBC, they are going to be even more pissed and are going to try and sue him in civil court, even though by law he is immune from a civil suit.
Ok so you have a child. Imagine a similar scenario where your daughter was killed by the neighborhood watch captain. You mean to tell me, as a parent, that you're going to stand by and say, "well, the person who shot my daughter was well within their legal rights to do so?" That you're not going to want some questions answered? A second look?

Last edited by MDydinanM; 12-08-2012 at 04:06 PM.