E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #2881
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
So let me get this straight

Zimmerman saw a suspect looking kid in his neighborhood. Said something to him, backed off, Martin then approached him and broke him nose and was beating him up and Zimmerman shot him?

Or Zimmerman saw a suspect looking kid went after him, got his face beat up and then shot him?
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #2882
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post

Zimmerman saw a suspect looking kid in his neighborhood. Said something to him, backed off, Martin then approached him and broke him nose and was beating him up and Zimmerman shot him?

Or Zimmerman saw a suspect looking kid went after him, got his face beat up and then shot him?
No and no. Read the thread. Everything has been explained ad naseum. Zimmerman didn't say anything to him.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #2883
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:

I would suggest not using this thread as a means of research. The only conclusion to be had from reading all of the circle jerk arguments, insults and petty bickering is going to be potato.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 06-13-2013 at 03:07 PM.
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #2884
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...am-mark-o-mara

Let the NRA pay the legal fees. They're the ones behind stand your ground
This case has nothing to do with the Stand your ground law. The defense claim is self defense. The facts of the case are going to be tried and we'll know soon enough how that works out. The whole "Stand you ground" flap was ginned up by the media to serve their own agenda.
You may note that Zimmerman waived his Stand your ground hearing but I suspect that you are not aware of that.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #2885
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
This case has nothing to do with the Stand your ground law. The defense claim is self defense. The facts of the case are going to be tried and we'll know soon enough how that works out. The whole "Stand you ground" flap was ginned up by the media to serve their own agenda.
You may note that Zimmerman waived his Stand your ground hearing but I suspect that you are not aware of that.
+1

You need to be able to retreat (but choose not to) to envoke SYG. Being on the ground with a broken nose and getting your head repeatedly smashed into the pavement is not a retreatable position.

The media has been angling this case since day 1 and the baby, Hollister and snowboarding pictures came out.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #2886
ti317

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
True. If this was a civil trial (not sure how the law applies in FL, if they can sue him later on like OJ) there is a good chance Zimmerman would lose, but life in prison? No chance. The special prosecutor over-reached. If she charged him with something "light" like negligent homicide, and 5 years was at stake, MAYBE he would get convicted. Like I said a long time ago in this thread, it was a political move on her part.
She said at her news conference that is was not political. Isn't that good enough? The Sanford police tried to get a capias warrant issued for Zimmerman on manslaughter charges on March 13, 2012 but the State Attorney denied it.
It should be noted that this was during the time when the agitators claimed Sanford PD was doing nothing, leading to the outrage that led to the overcharging in this case.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/19/opinio...e-angela-corey
Old 06-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #2887
ti317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
+1

You need to be able to retreat (but choose not to) to envoke SYG. Being on the ground with a broken nose and getting your head repeatedly smashed into the pavement is not a retreatable position.

The media has been angling this case since day 1 and the baby, Hollister and snowboarding pictures came out.
I don't care about the baby face or the grilled up gangsta pics. I want to know the facts of that evening, which from reading the entire document dump, seem to support Zimmerman's statements but that remains to be tested in a trial.
Ironic that those crying out for "justice", seem quick to deny Zimmerman his presumption of innocence. It's not for him to prove his innocence, it's the State's job to prove him guilty.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #2888
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
I don't care about the baby face or the grilled up gangsta pics. I want to know the facts of that evening, which from reading the entire document dump, seem to support Zimmerman's statements but that remains to be tested in a trial.
Ironic that those crying out for "justice", seem quick to deny Zimmerman his presumption of innocence. It's not for him to prove his innocence, it's the State's job to prove him guilty.
Wow, so I guess someone else is capable of being rational. Bravo.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #2889
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #2890
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Forgive me, I had a late night and didn't sleep much, what I am looking at here? I seem to be missing something.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #2891
NFRs2000nyc

BTW, jury selection is still going on live if anyone cares to watch.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #2892
NFRs2000nyc

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...10676.htmlpage
Old 06-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #2893
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Forgive me, I had a late night and didn't sleep much, what I am looking at here? I seem to be missing something.
I got plenty of sleep and have been moderately caffeinated all day and still have zero clue what I'm looking at outside of the obvious, lol.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 06-13-2013 at 04:25 PM.
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #2894
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
Answer my questions and I'll answer you. I really shouldn't have to repeat myself at this point. But guess I'll have to til you answer
Quit dodging and ask a question. It would take you 2 seconds to quote it or type it. At this point, you're just dodging because you know you'll contradict your bullshit statements.

Quote:

If GZ's story is true, he saw a suspect looking kid in his neighborhood and called the non-emergency PD # to report it.

The operator asked for an address, GZ didn't know the name of the street he was on. He drove to another street, but no longer knew where TM was. Go out of his car to look for him, operator told him to go back to his car.

When GZ was on his way back to his car, TM "came out of nowhere" and confronted GZ. TM attacked GZ, punching him, knocking him down, getting on top of him and pounding his head into the pavement.

In the course of the struggle, TM realized GZ had a gun, told GZ he was going to kill him, GZ got to the gun first and shot TM.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #2895
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
That's quite a story.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #2896
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
The kid broke his nose and was pounding his head into the concrete*
*According to the murderer.

The other half of the story died with Trayvon.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #2897
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
*According to the murderer.

The other half of the story died with Trayvon.
The defense team needs more money. I'll paypal 5 cents.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #2898
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Re: The Zimmerman LIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Quit dodging and ask a question. It would take you 2 seconds to quote it or type it. At this point, you're just dodging because you know you'll contradict your bullshit statements.
I mean if you had just had answered when initially asked you wouldn't be in this predicament.

Choice is still yours. Answer or you can stop relying to me.

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #2899
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Forgive me if this is a repost, or the source sucks... I thought it was interesting, thoughts?

DNA results and Autopsy results would have to "prove" that Trayvon Martin actually "caused" Zimmerman's injuries in order for for anyone, including a jury, to conclude Zimmerman acted in self defense when he killed an unarmed Trayvon Martin. However, the DNA results and the Autopsy results do not support Zimmerman's claim that Trayvon Martin "caused" injuries to his face or head. Meaning, DNA results and the Autopsy suggest Trayvon Martin is not the "cause" of Zimmerman's injuries. So Zimmerman's alleged self defense claim might not fly with the jury since none of the forensic results suggest Trayvon Martin touched Zimmerman in any way, shape or form.

The Jury will see the DNA report shows that none of Zimmerman's DNA was under Martin's fingernails.
George Zimmerman was damn near bald on the night he followed, search for, then found and killed Trayvon Martin. In order for Trayvon Martin to grab Zimmerman's bald head tight enough to slam his head into the sidewalk over a dozen times, some of Zimmerman's DNA would have gotten underneath Trayvon Martin's fingernails.

The DNA results show none of Zimmerman's DNA under Martin's fingernails.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...-his-injuries#

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #2900
Lair

Uh oh.

Quote:
Congratulations.