E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #281
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 453
My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Trumps any "expert" voice analysis lol

Would it trump the analysis of an untrained mortician who thinks that the voice sounds like it could have come from Trayvon ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
There is the dead body - without a mark on it (aside from the gaping chest wound inflicted by Zimmerman.)
If Trayvon was 6 foot 2 and Zimmerman is 5ft 8, then Trayvon would have outreached him by a wide margin. That is a critical disadvantage in a fight, especially in the dark.
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #282
Wraisil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 216
My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Regardless of any of the b.s. speculation in this thread and the media, the police (both local and federal thanks to the media getting us to waste more taxpayer money) are conducting an investigation to determine if a crime was committed by Zimmerman. To date, they haven't been able to find sufficient evidence to even charge him with a crime, much less gain a conviction. No wounds are necessary to fear for your life so I don't even know why that's being discussed. I don't have to scream for help to fear for my life. As no one here has all the facts of the case, no one here can do anything more than speculate. Those who have decided it was murder, or decided that it was justified, are deluding themselves into thinking they are omnipotent; as that is the only way they could possibly reach a conclusion without all the evidence.
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #283
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
The Zimmerman Truth...

So not only has it now been exposed that the liberal media has been using outdated photos to spark racial tension... it now comes out that they doctored the 911 call

I'd love to see the left try and explain this one...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...11-call-306359

Quote:
Newscom
Critics say the "Today" show attempted to incite racial anger when it cut crucial seconds from audio of a phone call placed by George Zimmerman just before he killed the teenager.

NBC News is being excoriated in some circles - with competitor Fox News Channel leading the charge - for selectively editing audio of the 911 call placed by George Zimmerman just before he killed Trayvon Martin.

The NBC segment in question featured anchor Ron Allen and ran on the Today show on Tuesday. On Thursday, Sean Hannity and guest Brent Bozell played the NBC version of the 911 call and compared it with the unedited version.

In the NBC segment, Zimmerman says: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

The full version, though, unfolds like this:

Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

911 operator: "Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black."


After playing both versions, Hannity said: "They forgot the dispatcher's question! How could NBC, in good conscience, do that?"

"This isn't bias, this isn't distortion, this is an all-out falsehood by NBC News," answers Bozell, who runs a conservative watchdog group called the Media Research Center.

"When you hear him say, 'he looks black,' anyone watching that believes that there are racial overtones to what this man did," Bozell says. "How could you not believe that? It goes with the narrative of the profiling. The only problem is, they edited out the dispatcher asking him, 'what does he look like?'"

NBC News declined to comment.
Outrageous!
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #284
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 850
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_seveN View Post
your hard-headedness at times is kinda pathetic. sorry, but if someone is an EXPERT at something, im inclined to agree with them. that is, unless you have some better justification or know something they dont about voice analysis
Still has to pass the Frye test. There is a reason "lie detector" tests are inadmissible. Both sides get "experts" to state opposing conclusions and the evidence is useless and a waste of judicial resources.
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #285
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Criminal


At this point... There is little chance of finding an untainted jury if this went to trial. No chance in a fair trial
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #286
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,603
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
+1 jj.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #287
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,532
My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Criminal


At this point... There is little chance of finding an untainted jury if this went to trial. No chance in a fair trial
They could call me. I honestly have no idea what this is about, save the fact that a mexican guy shot a black guy for apparently no reason.
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Buy my W126!
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #288
russ330
Mod Squad
 
russ330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Mississippi's Gulf Coast
Posts: 15,802
My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Threads merged. AoG already posted a link to the hollywoodreporter article. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=197
__________________
russ330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #289
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 850
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Criminal


At this point... There is little chance of finding an untainted jury if this went to trial. No chance in a fair trial
its not just untainted, the jury member just has to demonstrate that he or she is able to ignore any past knowledge of the event and solely rely on evidence in trial.

But thats all so far ahead, Z hasn't even been charged (yet)
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #290
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
the liberal media
That's what the neocon media wants you to believe.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #291
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 958
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Zimmerman initiated the process, and ostensibly killed Trayvon Martin because his skull was getting bashed in. There is no eveidence that Zimmerman's skull was bashed in, or that his nose was broken.
Martin initiated it by walking home from the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Not sure if anyone heard about the phone records from Trayvons side, but after the 911 call from Zimmerman, he called his girlfriend and explained that he was being followed, and that he was not sure what to do. She instructed he run. She also stated that she "may" have heard Zimmerman confronting T and a shove or push from Zimm...

Funny, how most people have their minds made up about this already, and yet all the information is still not out there. Regarding the race issue, and the "out to get him" theory, many medical professionals are saying Zimmerman is a paranoid vigilante type, and they believe that he was out to get him.

Just saying.
Doubt any "medical professional" that will comment publicly on a potential diagnosis of a "patient" they've never examined. Doubt any medical professional that comments publicly on a patient they have examined (gross violation of dr-patient confidentiality) unless the exam is directed by a court such that the results are going to become public testimony anyway.

Just saying.
__________________
----------------------------------------------
Stuff for sale in SoCal:

- Bestop briefcase

----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #292
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
They could call me. I honestly have no idea what this is about, save the fact that a mexican guy shot a black guy for apparently no reason.
+1

All I know outside of what you posted above is that both sides of the media have spun this into oblivion.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #293
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Criminal


At this point... There is little chance of finding an untainted jury if this went to trial. No chance in a fair trial
There are still objective and intelligent individuals out there. I obviously don't know all the facts, but I'd venture the outcome is a mistrial.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #294
faelar
Big Pimpin'
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,113
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Zimmerman initiated the process, and ostensibly killed Trayvon Martin because his skull was getting bashed in. There is no eveidence that Zimmerman's skull was bashed in, or that his nose was broken.

It takes me eight minutes to find a Band-Aid.

That will stand up in court.
You know I'm not "Conservative"..

But none of us watching the news knows what the evidence is because it's been sealed. There ARE medical records, there ARE witness statements and there is physical on site evidence that was left by the scuffle. None of which has been released to the public. If they had sufficient evidence, Zimmerman would already be locked up.

Whether we agree, or disagree doesn't matter. Under current Florida law, there is a good chance what Zimmerman did could be ruled self defense.

This story was blown up by the media because it's great for advertisers. Too many Americans are now drama queen *****s and this story keeps people glued to cable news. Special interest groups are also exploiting this story to serve their own interests. Last but not least, public figures and celebrities weigh in not because they care.. but because it will get them more media coverage.

All this story has shown is how mob like Americans can be and how people are quick to throw innocent until proven guilty out the window. Anyone remember the Lacrosse scandal?

I for one find the whole story UN-newsworthy.
__________________
Billet PT6765, ProEFI, SAAD Racing, 805 WHP 692 WTQ


Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad@SaadRacing View Post
Chad's car is being taken care of and I can tell you when it comes back he and his car will be your worst f***ing nightmare.
faelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #295
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by faelar View Post

All this story has shown is how mob like Americans can be and how people are quick to throw innocent until proven guilty out the window. Anyone remember the Lacrosse scandal?

I for one find the whole story UN-newsworthy.


I still wear my Duke Lacrosse t-shirt to the gym from time to time and it usually gets a laugh or a comment.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #296
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexie330ci View Post
To play DA, Eye witness account says treyvon was on the bottom and Treyvons mom said that was her son screaming for help
Evidence does not support. Grass on Zimmerman's back, bloodied back of the head, other eye witness testimony will discredit the witness you speak of.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #297
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Criminal


At this point... There is little chance of finding an untainted jury if this went to trial. No chance in a fair trial
Why do you say that? All his lawyer has to do is get 1 or two NRA members on there that will not buy into it, and there goes your unanimous verdict.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #298
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Why do you say that? All his lawyer has to do is get 1 or two NRA members on there that will not buy into it, and there goes your unanimous verdict.
I don't think you understand the jury selection process.
I see what you're saying though. With a case such as this, I can't ever see him getting convicted
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 04-02-2012 at 11:27 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #299
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I don't think you understand the jury selection process.
I see what you're saying though. With a case such as this, I can't ever see him getting convicted
I do, I was on one. However, I can't fathom a unanimous verdict, which was my point. The NRA comment was obviously overly exaggerated.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #300
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Why do you say that? All his lawyer has to do is get 1 or two NRA members on there that will not buy into it, and there goes your unanimous verdict.
I'd like to think gun owners are a little more objective and would only use the evidence provided to make their decision. I'm pretty sure you have to be a smart and responsible individual to legally own and operate a firearm.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use