E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #4181
ToMuchFun
Banned User

My Ride: E46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
lol that's all you got frumpy?
He said as you quoted "we dont need you to do that" "not do not do that" its not his job to do it so he doesnt "need" to but i do believe it is a right he has

Damn me quoting the wrong person...

Last edited by ToMuchFun; 07-09-2013 at 10:40 PM.
ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #4182
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Dead "kid" who was gunned down by a self-appointed vigilante.

You and the other white bigots keep making it about race.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Back Up Camera for E46 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ckrDiAClGgM
Muffler Delete on E46 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYhRq0T3eI
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #4183
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
All GZ had to do was stay In the car. Remember the dispatcher "we don't need you to do that"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using BimmerApp mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
lol that's all you got frumpy?
That's all I need jacka$$

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #4184
dwtaylorpdx

My Ride: 2005 330xi
In the trial coverage , its kind of fun to listen to the reputedly best forensics expert in the US, on gunshots , support Zimmerman.

I am really curious to see how the bottle spins...

Dave
dwtaylorpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #4185
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Not gonna happen. What MIGHT happen is a bunch of blacks start a riot, start putting white people in fear, and get shot. Oh and in other news troll...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3561407.html

Even gave you a juicy liberal source.
If Obama had 12 black kids, they'd look like the 12 dead in Chicago
Old 07-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #4186
Act of God
E46Fanatic

Quote:
That's all I need jacka$$
Let me know when you get your law degree, until then you're (again) in over your head...which actually isn't that hard lol frumppppp
Old 07-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #4187
Lexie330ci
ILCUTAWOOTIE

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Lexie330ci
I think too many people are confusing whats morally right vs legally right. Zimmerman following Treyvon was dumb, but legal.

Need brakes? Bother Anthony Here!
Lexie330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:30 AM   #4188
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Was GZ's belief he was in danger of death or great bodily harm reasonable? That, in essence, is the entire case. Yes? Should go free. No? Conviction or imperfect self defense.
No. In essence, the entire case is who attacked who? If GZ attacked TM, GZ's ability to claim self defense is at the very least seriously weakened, if not completely tossed out the window. And that's true even if TM was kicking his ass.

IF TM attacked GZ, there's an additional complication in the question of whether GZ put TM in fear of his life. In which case, TM was defending himself, and GZ's ability to claim self defense is at the very least weakend, if not completely tossed out the window.

The difficulty is that (AFAIK) there are no 3rd party eye witnesses to the start of the fight. GZ says TM attacked him and the prosecution doesn't have anything that can disprove that claim (in order to get the jury to start to question the rest of GZ's story) or prove an alternative claim.

Quote:
All GZ had to do was stay In the car. Remember the dispatcher "we don't need you to do that"
All TM had to do was stay home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexie330ci View Post
I think too many people are confusing whats morally right vs legally right. Zimmerman following Treyvon was dumb, but legal.
First of all, it's still not clear if GZ was actually following TM, or just trying to get to a place where he could see which direction TM was going because he thought the dispatcher wanted that info.

Second of all, it's simplistic to call it a dumb decision. I'm sure around the country a hundred neighborhood watch people "followed" people this month alone without getting into a fight or getting shot/shooting someone. Sure, with hindsight, GZ probably wishes he'd done something different. But that's hindsight, and just because he now knows the outcome, it's not fair to label it a dumb decision based on what he knew at the time.
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #4189
Goo7dson

My Ride: s65
I've had sex that left me looking worse.

Last edited by Goo7dson; 07-10-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Goo7dson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #4190
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo7dson View Post
I've had sex that left me looking worse.
You've probably had sex with worse looking also.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #4191
Act of God
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
First of all, it's still not clear if GZ was actually following TM, or just trying to get to a place where he could see which direction TM was going because he thought the dispatcher wanted that info.

Second of all, it's simplistic to call it a dumb decision. I'm sure around the country a hundred neighborhood watch people "followed" people this month alone without getting into a fight or getting shot/shooting someone. Sure, with hindsight, GZ probably wishes he'd done something different. But that's hindsight, and just because he now knows the outcome, it's not fair to label it a dumb decision based on what he knew at the time.
well said
Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #4192
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
No. In essence, the entire case is who attacked who? If GZ attacked TM, GZ's ability to claim self defense is at the very least seriously weakened, if not completely tossed out the window. And that's true even if TM was kicking his ass.

IF TM attacked GZ, there's an additional complication in the question of whether GZ put TM in fear of his life. In which case, TM was defending himself, and GZ's ability to claim self defense is at the very least weakend, if not completely tossed out the window.

The difficulty is that (AFAIK) there are no 3rd party eye witnesses to the start of the fight. GZ says TM attacked him and the prosecution doesn't have anything that can disprove that claim (in order to get the jury to start to question the rest of GZ's story) or prove an alternative claim.
True, but there are two exceptions to initial agressor doctrine. Typically, an initial agressor loses his claim to self defense except when:

1). He employs non-lethal force, to which the person attacks responds with deadly force. The initial agressor is then entitled to use any force necessary to defend themselves because the person attacked has escalated.

For instance. If GZ had shoved TM and started the altercation, he would be the initial agressor. But TM's subsequent response of banging his head repeatedly into concrete could be interpreted as an escalation to deadly force. In such a case, GZ could respond in-kind and claim self defense.

2). He withdraws from the fight. Normally requires a declaration and physical removal of himself from the confrontation. If the initial agressor does that and the original attacked person re-engages, the rules of self defense reset.

If GZ had started the fight, then attempted to remove himself from it and declared he no longer wanted to fight, he could employ whatever force necessary if TM continued his attack, including deadly force if he was in reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily harm.

It's not as black and white as you make it out to be. You can start the fight and finish it and still claim self defense. It's a harder argument and a much high standard, but possible.

That's not at issue here though. No evidence whatsoever has been brought before the court that indicated GZ was the initial agressor. The evidence shows that TM was and without evidence to say otherwise, the whole point is mute. Again, it goes back to his state of mind in the moment where he drew the gun and fired the shot.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #4193
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
The Zimmerman LIE

Well, the judge blocked both the animation and the texts. Gives the defense a decent amount of ammo on appeal. The text blocking IMHO severely hurts Zimmermans right to a fair trial.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #4194
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 330ciC
Well that sucks.

Now they can't use TM's phone to prove their assertion that TM attacked first?

What a shame!

Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #4195
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Just saw the animation. Where are the bushes that TM supposedly jump out of....or was it Gods will for the animator to leave out that detail?

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #4196
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
The Zimmerman LIE

Quote:
Just saw the animation. Where are the bushes that TM supposedly jump out of....or was it Gods will for the animator to leave out that detail?
Once again talking directly out of your ass and looking like a troll. If you watched the hearing you would know the answer to your question. The defense can still show the animation during their closing. The animation depicts only what is verifiable through testimony and the forensic evidence.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #4197
Act of God
E46Fanatic

Quote:
"you are one pathetic loser"
Old 07-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #4198
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Well that sucks.

Now they can't use TM's phone to prove their assertion that TM attacked first?

What a shame!
Wouldn't go to that. They can't go to that because the rules of evidence prevent that sort of thing in most cases.

It would be character evidence in this case, which wouldn't be allowed in unless the prosecution brought up TM's character. I haven't followed the trial religiously so I'm not sure how much they have. iMHO, if they had just referred to him as "a great kid" who didn't get into trouble, etc., that would be enough for me to argue the texts coming in. The prosecution would have opened the door.

The judge coud have got this wrong if so, AND would be grounds to appeal.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #4199
Brevik
Modded ///Member

My Ride: Tiag M3
Thanks for posting

Hopefully this will shut a few people up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post

Didn't realize it was 200+ pages until you mentioned it. Nice post. Interested to see how this shifts the argument.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #4200
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
I feel like Lair cannot be serious.

1. He posts the most close minded sh1t
2. He posts 1 or 2 sentences at a time. If he were serious he'd have a lot more to say. He just wants to rile people up.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote