E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #5701
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
GZ says he’s homeless and suffering from PTSD and 2 million in debt

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1615673

Quote:
George Zimmerman says his problems continue.

He told a Spanish language television station he is now homeless, battling post-traumatic stress disorder, more than $2 million in debt and lives in fear for his life.

Zimmerman opened up on the Univision television show "Aquí y Ahora" (Here and Now) that will air Sunday on the Spanish language station at 7 p.m.

Zimmerman also discussed his well-known struggle with 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, an African-American teen who was walking in Zimmerman's neighborhood in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012.

After he called the cops, the two got into a fight that ended with Martin's death.

Zimmerman says the teen attacked him and threatened to kill him.

"He (Martin) saw my gun and told me he would kill me, and I knew he was telling the truth. I mean, was not playing," he told the station. "I asked him to stop .... And the young man did not care. Continued attacking ... I knew he would not stop even though I knew that someone had seen (the fight) and the police are coming. He did not care."

But he didn't answer when asked if he should have waited for the cops - saying that the case is under a federal Department of Justice investigation.

Zimmerman was acquitted of charges of second-degree murder and manslaughter in a trial in July.

The ex-neighborhood watchman said he did not think he initially shot Martin and that it went through the side of his clothes and towards a neighbor's house.

After the bullet was fired the fight with Martin stopped "immediately," he said.

Asked if he still thought he had done the right thing, he said, "in my mind and between God and me ... I know that if I did not act the way I acted ... I would not be here."

He insisted his life was in danger during the fight with Martin.

"When you hit your head repeatedly against the concrete, you have a broken nose, eyes full of blood and tears, you're not in the position to do much," he said.

Zimmerman said he now lives in fear that his life is in danger. He has worn a bullet proof vest and follows a safety plan when he goes out in public.

He is also $2.5 million in debt from the trial - although he raised $350,000 online to pay for his defense.

Of those donors he says, "[To] those people I owe my freedom, because without them we could not have the experts we had, we could not have paid for the documents we [needed]."

Recently he had planned to take part in a celebrity boxing match with rapper DMX but the promoter announced last week it was canceled. He is not working and lost his health insurance.

Since the trial, he has been in the news for a variety of other matters, including a speeding ticket and a police call to his home over a domestic dispute with his wife.

"Honestly, I [would] love to live a calm life without being in the press. I'd like [to be treated like] any American citizen - have a ticket ... or an argument ... [and] not have everyone aware," he said. "But that ... that's my life and I do not understand why that is, but I'm living my life as I have always lived, " he said.

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

Last edited by phrozen06; 02-16-2014 at 02:19 PM.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:24 PM   #5702
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
I, for one, no longer give a flying mother**** about zimmermann

^Driving this car makes me a homosexual
2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 02-16-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #5703
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
What a lying sack of shlt.

Quote:
Zimmerman says the teen attacked him and threatened to kill him.

"He (Martin) saw my gun and told me he would kill me, and I knew he was telling the truth. I mean, was not playing," he told the station. "I asked him to stop .... And the young man did not care. Continued attacking ... I knew he would not stop even though I knew that someone had seen (the fight) and the police are coming. He did not care."

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #5704
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
What a lying sack of shlt.
And you are a demented sack of shlt. I love how your dementia allows you to think you know anything at all about this event because, you know, you where there. You have been proven a fool in your own thread, yet you double and triple down on stupid. You really should find another release for your anger, and while you're at it try to figure where it comes from.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #5705
Lair
E46Fanatic

He saw mah gun and he just kept comin'!!!!!!1

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #5706
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
That statement is consistent with what he's said all along.

What proof do you have that it's not true?

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #5707
Lair
E46Fanatic

Proof doesn't matter when the other party is dead.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #5708
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
Quote:
Proof doesn't matter.
ftfy.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #5709
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
You mean like Anwar Al-Alaqi?
Old 02-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #5710
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Free Mumia!

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #5711
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
He told a Spanish language television station he is now homeless, battling post-traumatic stress disorder, more than $2 million in debt and lives in fear for his life.
Well saying you want to box random celebrities (or even anyone) after you said a 17 year old beat you up despite having prior fighting experience isn't going to help your public affairs case, tardbucket

Pretty sure this guy is on the same intelligence level as the mayor of Toronto.

Last edited by Zell; 02-17-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:13 PM   #5712
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
The other party's surviving family and friends, LEO, DAs and court system disagree.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #5713
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Well saying you want to box random celebrities (or even anyone) after you said a 17 year old beat you up despite having prior fighting experience isn't going to help your public affairs case, tardbucket

Pretty sure this guy is on the same intelligence level as the mayor of Toronto.
I have to disagree. Mayor Ford had a good reason, he was in a drunken stupor. Can't see why Z would do the celebrity boxing unless he is so desperate he needs any money he can get but he has had success as an "artist". Dang! I can't even type that without choking with laughter.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #5714
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
I have to disagree. Mayor Ford had a good reason, he was in a drunken stupor. Can't see why Z would do the celebrity boxing unless he is so desperate he needs any money he can get but he has had success as an "artist". Dang! I can't even type that without choking with laughter.
art really is subjective.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #5715
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
art really is subjective.
Hey badfast, what would you make of this art?

Old 02-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #5716
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Hey badfast, what would you make of this art?

Is it Dadaism?
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #5717
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #5718
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #5719
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
did the state successfully appeal the verdict yet? No? Why do we keep coming back here then?
Old 03-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #5720
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Kobe drops some bombs

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/03/2...ican-american/
Quote:
Kobe Bryant on the Trayvon Martin case: "I won't react to something just because I'm supposed to, because I'm an African-American"
posted at 6:41 pm on March 27, 2014 by Allahpundit

Actually, my headline's not right. It's hard to be sure since the New Yorker piece that contains the money quote is behind a reg wall, but I don't think he's taking a position on the case. He's taking a position on people who took a position on the case without having heard both sides. The reporter apparently asked him about this photo specifically:

#WeAreTrayvonMartin #Hoodies #Stereotyped #WeWantJustice http://t.co/tH6baAVo

- LeBron James (@KingJames) March 23, 2012

To which Bryant replied:

"I won't react to something just because I'm supposed to, because I'm an African-American," he said. "That argument doesn't make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we've progressed as a society? Well, we've progressed as a society, then don't jump to somebody's defense just because they're African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won't assert myself."

Why would he accuse LeBron and the Heat of reacting before they'd heard all the facts? Because they reacted before they'd heard all the facts. Note the timestamp on the tweet: March 23, 2012 was less than a month after the shooting and several weeks before Zimmerman was even charged. The photo was taken well more than a year before he went to trial. To give you a sense of the climate of misinformation around the time James tweeted it, both NBC's infamous audio edit that made Zimmerman's 911 call sound racist and Spike Lee's even more infamous (re)tweet that gave the wrong address for Zimmerman's home happened during the same week. Bryant's not saying that Zimmerman's acquittal was the right verdict, he's saying that it's stupid to draw assumptions about hoodies, stereotyping, and justice until you've heard from both sides. Go figure that a guy who was himself once accused of a gravely serious offense is iffy about drawing conclusions of guilt based on incomplete facts. And for making this simple point, he will, of course, be destroyed online.
good for him

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote