E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #61
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
ftr under the picture I posted was a tweet from Trayvon telling someone to shoot someone. Guess you're all into the middle finger though.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #62
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
I see this a few ways. The defense is relying heavily on the 911 calls, and the testimony from Zimm. The problem with the testimony, and the eye witness accounts, is that the witness states the first visual of Treyvon they got, was of him on his stomach, Zimmerman straddling him and Treyvon was dead.

Zimmerman's story was that he was jumped, over powered, and beaten by Treyvon... Yea, I doubt that. On his 911 call, Zimm asked the 911 operator if the police could call him, and he will instruct them where he is. Pretty suspicious. Not only that, Zimmerman was looking for action. He stated in his call, that they have had break ins, and that "these a$$holes always get away". He also said that Treyvon could be on drugs or there is something wrong with him.

I think the beating was fabricated, Zimmerman was out for blood and to become a hero of the neighborhood watch, and Treyvon was the target.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #63
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I think him assuming martin was a thug instead of a kid just walking to the store is a bit racist and what peaked his interest.
Except that we know Zimmerman mentors black kids, lives willingly in a racially diverse neighborhood and thus far no one who knows him has come forth with even an anecdote about him acting or thinking as a racist. We also know that the area has been impacted by crime so Zimmerman was on alert.

Zimmerman's interest was peaked by Martin's behavior, as he described in the 911 call. Would Zimmerman have responded the same way if the person he saw wearing a hoodie and behaving oddly were a Hispanic person? Or a white person? I don't know. But apparently you do know. Which is absolutely amazing to me.

If Martin had been white or Hispanic or Asian, this would not be a story at all, and the worst public charge against Zimmerman would be that he was stupid or reckless or careless and perhaps guilty of a crime depending on adjudication of the facts. But because Martin was black, racism absolutley MUST be the reason. I just don't see how people get there when there is no evidence - even circumstantial - that Zimmerman is a racist.

I understand how you and others "think" that is what motivated Zimmerman. I think that too depending on the circumstances. But when this situation started to boil, I think we all have a duty to chill and act rationally. Lair and others here insist on screaming "fire" in a crowded theater. I think that is reckless and irresponsible, not to mention foolish when they cannot possibly "know" why Zimmerman acted that way. And Obama is in that same reckless group - even more so given his authority and responsibility to US citizens.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #64
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Why Zimmerman acted is only a small part of this. The result of his actions is far more important: a dead, unarmed minor. On top of that, you have the completely incompetence bordering on malfeasance by the police.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #65
i_ween

My Ride: '02 330Ci Vert

check out my astrophotography:
www.gil-galad.com
i_ween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #66
Cabrio330

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Why Zimmerman acted is only a small part of this. The result of his actions is far more important: a dead, unarmed minor. On top of that, you have the completely incompetence bordering on malfeasance by the police.
Not true at all! The reason everyone is marching in Sanford or in DC or here in Atlanta is precisely because of the "why" - and that is because they "know" he is a racist.

Does anyone think that if Zimmerman was black, this would be a story? No, but because he is "white Hispanic" (got to get the whitey part in there!) this situation is an automatic national crisis.

If Zimmerman had racist posts on his Facebook, or believable witnesses came forth saying they had seen him act or even talk as a racist, or some other legitimate evidence to that effect, then all of the marches would be justified.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #67
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Except that we know Zimmerman mentors black kids, lives willingly in a racially diverse neighborhood and thus far no one who knows him has come forth with even an anecdote about him acting or thinking as a racist.
Except Zimmeran called Martin a Fvckin COON while chasing him. There mentors and coaches who are racist you know.

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

Last edited by phrozen06; 03-29-2012 at 01:20 PM.
phrozen06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #68
boce

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Except Zimmeran called Martin a Fvckin COON while chasing him. There mentors and coaches who are racist you know.
I honestly didn't hear that anywhere in the audio. Did you? Or are you just repeating what the news is stating? Maybe I'm missing it.
boce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #69
'busa

Quote:
Not true at all! The reason everyone is marching in Sanford or in DC or here in Atlanta is precisely because of the "why" - and that is because they "know" he is a racist.
Odds are his prejudices played a role in his actions. Odds are Martin's skin color played a role in how the police department evaluated the situation. Do you think that these things have nothing to do with the case. For me, however, it's one small part of the big picture. An unarmed minor is dead and no one is even under investigation.

Quote:
Does anyone think that if Zimmerman was black, this would be a story? No, but because he is "white Hispanic" (got to get the whitey part in there!) this situation is an automatic national crisis.
You wouldn't be up in arms if he wasn't white. So there you go. Six of one...

Quote:
If Zimmerman had racist posts on his Facebook, or believable witnesses came forth saying they had seen him act or even talk as a racist, or some other legitimate evidence to that effect, then all of the marches would be justified.
We should require all our racists to carry their racism on their sleeve so that we can get them in trouble when needed.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #70
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
That wasn't immediately after. If you read the police report, Zimmerman was placed into the back of a squad car and given first aid by SFD at the scene.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...l%20Report.pdf
And ABC news CONTINUES to use the outdated school photo/mug shots rather than the more realistic photos that have emerged....

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #71
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
****ign media, can we just leave this alone while the feds sort it all out?
+1

I've heard enough BS on both sides to not care anymore.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #72
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
LOL! Good one.

I'd say 12 light punches or 6 really hard ones. Happy now?

It's a ridiculous question to ask, since all you know full well that an answer can't be given.

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%">*******><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by 'busa
Should I shoot anyone whom I'm losing a fight against because the end result might be that I become unconscious and they might curb stomp me?
</td></tr>********></table>

So yes? I should shoot anyone that gets the upper hand in a fight with me?
I'll play your game. What about if someone is like Mike tyson, where 1 punch is deadly, vs Spike Lee, where 100 punches wouldn't be deadly?
Old 03-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #73
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
thread is racist
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #74
mistrzmiasta
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I'll play your game. What about if someone is like Mike tyson, where 1 punch is deadly, vs Spike Lee, where 100 punches wouldn't be deadly?
you'll never win....i read his posts on here and they just confirm what i believed about him. leave it alone.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #75
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
I see this a few ways. The defense is relying heavily on the 911 calls, and the testimony from Zimm. The problem with the testimony, and the eye witness accounts, is that the witness states the first visual of Treyvon they got, was of him on his stomach, Zimmerman straddling him and Treyvon was dead.

Zimmerman's story was that he was jumped, over powered, and beaten by Treyvon... Yea, I doubt that. On his 911 call, Zimm asked the 911 operator if the police could call him, and he will instruct them where he is. Pretty suspicious. Not only that, Zimmerman was looking for action. He stated in his call, that they have had break ins, and that "these a$$holes always get away". He also said that Treyvon could be on drugs or there is something wrong with him.

I think the beating was fabricated, Zimmerman was out for blood and to become a hero of the neighborhood watch, and Treyvon was the target.
Probably the single dumbest post in all of these threads. Out for blood? Thats why he called the cops and took a beating before he shot Martin? You must be on skittles or something.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #76
Cabrio330

Quote:
Odds are his prejudices played a role in his actions. Odds are Martin's skin color played a role in how the police department evaluated the situation. Do you think that these things have nothing to do with the case. For me, however, it's one small part of the big picture. An unarmed minor is dead and no one is even under investigation.

You wouldn't be up in arms if he wasn't white. So there you go. Six of one...

We should require all our racists to carry their racism on their sleeve so that we can get them in trouble when needed.
Odds are? Well then, let's convict him because that is what the odds say! So who is doing the profiling here?

By the way, I agree with you that the death of a young person is the tragedy here. I am just not certain, as so many are, that he died because Zimmerman was a racist.

You have a distinct talent for throwing in complete non-sequitors. But you got me - I wouldn't be up in arms if Zimmerman wasn't white. Cuz maybe I wouldn't have even heard of this tragedy unless I lived in Sanford, FL, you think?
Old 03-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #77
'busa

Quote:
Odds are? Well then, let's convict him because that is what the odds say! So who is doing the profiling here?
Dude, I'm in no way saying let's convict him because he might have racially profiled Martin or because the police didn't do their job initially. I'm saying let's have an investigation to see what really happened because, based on the information surrounding the case, it appears to me that Zimmerman was the one whose actions led to an unnecessary death. That does not make him guilty. Innocent until proven guilty.

Quote:
By the way, I agree with you that the death of a young person is the tragedy here. I am just not certain, as so many are, that he died because Zimmerman was a racist.
Maybe he died because Zimmerman was an idiot. The situation still needs investigation.

Quote:
You have a distinct talent for throwing in complete non-sequitors. But you got me - I wouldn't be up in arms if Zimmerman wasn't white. Cuz maybe I wouldn't have even heard of this tragedy unless I lived in Sanford, FL, you think?
Maybe. Maybe not.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #78
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
come on man, that's not the truth. No one, not even the media has agreed on that. You just hate hispanics.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #79
OrisuE46

My Ride: 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by broey v View Post
+1

I've heard enough BS on both sides to not care anymore.
im sick of hearing about this case. let the jury handle it.

R.I.P

OrisuE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #80
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrisuE46 View Post
im sick of hearing about this case. let the jury handle it.
Ain't gonna be no jury. They won't charge him with squat. Grand Jury is going to let him walk.