E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #1041
BB BMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 499
My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
cars don't kill people.
People kill people.
Then -

Guns don't kill people.
People kill people.
__________________

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #1042
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,435
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
So we need to risk every one's safety just because you're paranoid?
How do the people in other countries do it?
they don't have a constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms. I can't imagine how they do it.

Again, though, what is a "qualified person"? And I'm supposed to rely on these "qualified people" and the police to protect me and my family?
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #1043
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,435
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
Then -

Guns don't kill people.
People kill people.
Problem solved, ban people!
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #1044
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
Then -

Guns don't kill people.
People kill people.
No focking Shiite, captain obvious.
__________________
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #1045
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,435
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
No focking Shiite, captain obvious.
so if we're agreed that guns don't kill people, then what would be the purpose of removing guns?
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #1046
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Not true.
Criminals (because they are criminals) and police and other qualified people would have them.
Qualification is the key... involves continued training, both mental and physical.

If what you said were true, how do other countries that don't allow regular citizens to carry guns handle it?
For example, Japan has one of the lowest crime rate in the world. How's that possible?
Culture. Japan doesn't have a mixed culture do they? Minorities are not an issue in Japan, neither is the US constitution for that matter, neither is illegal immigration.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #1047
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
Cars kill more whites and blacks than guns do.

We should BAN all cars.
BMWs are some of the fastest and sportiest, so I suggest we start with those.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #1048
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
they don't have a constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms. I can't imagine how they do it.

Again, though, what is a "qualified person"? And I'm supposed to rely on these "qualified people" and the police to protect me and my family?
Because something was written down 225 years ago, it must be valid today, at all costs? It's not the bible, you know? It's been know to have changed.
You nuts are hanging on the constitution because without it you've got nothing. No current facts support your gun totting case.
The question remains: how do other countries that don't allow guns deal with criminals that are armed? Do they all let their poor loved ones be taken by the criminal monsters?

I'm two steps ahead of you.
See post #896
__________________
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #1049
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,470
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
so if we're agreed that guns don't kill people, then what would be the purpose of removing guns?
Cause they are evil and cause normal people to transform into blood thirsty killers as soon as they touch one

Duh
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #1050
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
So we need to risk every one's safety just because you're paranoid?
How do the people in other countries do it?
You're the one that's paranoid. Millions of law abiding citizens are carrying guns everyday, and yet, you haven't been shot. Go figure. Live your life like a normal person, and you will never have a problem with a legally carrying citizen.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #1051
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Because something was written down 225 years ago, it must be valid today, at all costs? It's not the bible, you know? It's been know to have changed.
You nuts are hanging on the constitution because without it you've got nothing. No current facts support your gun totting case.
The question remains: how do other countries that don't allow guns deal with criminals that are armed? Do they all let their poor loved ones be taken by the criminal monsters?

I'm two steps ahead of you.
See post #896
Freedom of speech bothers me too, as does freedom of religion. Crazy libtards harping about how guns are bad, and muslims bother me...let's remove freedom of speech....it's outdated an all.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #1052
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Cause they are evil and cause normal people to transform into blood thirsty killers as soon as they touch one

Duh
When I touch mine, I am like Frodo Baggins, transported to a world where Stallone and I are in a third world country, getting nothing but headshots on an oppressive dictator and his legionnaire army.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #1053
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Culture. Japan doesn't have a mixed culture do they? Minorities are not an issue in Japan, neither is the US constitution for that matter, neither is illegal immigration.
I'm not sure what you're trying (and failed) to say...
Are you saying that blacks and illegal immigrants are committing all the (armed) crimes?
For some reason you appended the "illegal". That means, for example, we could solve part of that problem by, say, giving amnesty to the illegals? No more crimes?
Poor blacks, we can't change their color as easily...

Many countries have mixed culture. There are many blacks in France and England. Check it out.
__________________
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #1054
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
I'm not sure what you're trying (and failed) to say...
Are you saying that blacks and illegal immigrants are committing all the (armed) crimes?
For some reason you appended the "illegal". That means, for example, we could solve part of that problem by, say, giving amnesty to the illegals? No more crimes?
Poor blacks, we can't change their color as easily...

Many countries have mixed culture. There are many blacks in France and England. Check it out.
Yeah and violence escalates. Homogenous cultures historically generally have lower crime rates because people tend to get along better with less differences.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #1055
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
You're the one that's paranoid. Millions of law abiding citizens are carrying guns everyday, and yet, you haven't been shot. Go figure. Live your life like a normal person, and you will never have a problem with a legally carrying citizen.
You're certainly joking. You say that in this thread? Was the pun intended?
Tell that to Treyvon Martin's family.
Or the family of that road rage victim that JJ posted a link because he thought was funny.
And that was just in this thread.

We had a very similar case where I live.
Teen got shot by some crazy nut because he crashed his car on the nut's front yard. The guy came out of his house with guns. Teen didn't notice him because he was on his cell phone, and kept walking and talking. Guy must have ordered him to stop and when he didn't he was shot dead. He claimed King of Your Cattle law (very similar to Stand your Ground). That guy was a well known gun crazy of his neighborhood. Bet he was itching to use his guns.
Teen went to my son's high school.

Was that really necessary?
__________________

Last edited by Master Po; 04-23-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #1056
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,435
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I'm thinking Ba'hai should be our national religion.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #1057
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Was that really necessary?
Only if he was wearing a hoody.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #1058
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,435
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
You're certainly joking. You say that in this thread? Was the pun intended?
Tell that to Treyvon Martin's family.
Or the family of that road rage victim that JJ posted a link because he thought was funny.
And that was just in this thread.

We had a very similar case where I live.
Teen got shot by some crazy nut because he crashed his car on the nut's front yard. The guy came out of his house with guns. Teen didn't notice him because he was on his cell phone, and kept walking and talking. Guy must have ordered him to stop and when he didn't he was shot dead. He claimed King of Your Cattle law (very similar to Stand your Ground). That guy was a well known gun crazy of his neighborhood. Bet he was itching to use his guns.
Teen went to my son's high school.

Was that really necessary?
touching, and tragic

I think we all remember this story, though

Quote:
A 911 tape released to Oklahoma City media outlets Wednesday reveals that 18-year-old Sarah McKinley asked a Grady County dispatcher for permission to shoot the intruder. McKinley's 3-month-old son was with her when she shot Justin Shane Martin, 24, at her Blanchard mobile home.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/04...#ixzz1sueFc2Nr

Who's life is more valuable? The intruder or the person defending herself and her child?

I'll err on the side of caution and choose the world where a person is allowed to own the tools to effectively defend their home from someone twice their size.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #1059
Master Po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 369
My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
touching, and tragic

I think we all remember this story, though



Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/04...#ixzz1sueFc2Nr

Who's life is more valuable? The intruder or the person defending herself and her child?

I'll err on the side of caution and choose the world where a person is allowed to own the tools to effectively defend their home from someone twice their size.
Totally different situations.
King of Your Cattle > Stand Your Ground.

Someone intrudes into your home, you have the right to shoot first. That's the intent behind KOYC.
But if someone is standing in a public place, you have no right to even stop that person, let alone shoot. What makes Zimmerman think that he has the right to question Martin, just because he's walking in his neighborhood? Z intruded in M's personal rights by following him in public grounds, and Z pulls the SYG card? SYG is faulty by design.
If everybody where to stand their ground going down the street, there would be a lot of bumps into each other. Makes for a very harsh and difficult to live in society. Now put guns in those people's hands and instead of bumping you'll get a shoot out in OK Corral.
People should be courteous and yield to each other. If someone happens to be in your way, or even blocking your way on purpose, go around them.
__________________

Last edited by Master Po; 04-23-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #1060
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Yeah and violence escalates. Homogenous cultures historically generally have lower crime rates because people tend to get along better with less differences.
Holy sh!t!!!!! Someone used their brains and understood what I said!!!! Homogenous societies have far less crime. The japanese wear surgical face masks when they have a cold so that they don't get others sick....not so much in the US. As for minorities, who makes up gangs like Bloods, Crips, MS13, who makes up the majority of the US prison population?? Let me give you a hint, it's over 85% NOT white.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use