E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #1321
217Bimmer
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
A dispatcher isn't an authoritative figure.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
they do have training and are in contact with law enforcement officials. his life was not in danger until he took things into his own hands, now he will have to deal with the consequences. it's like poking a sleeping bear with a stick and then shooting it because it came after you.

he should get 2nd, 3rd degree murder, or voluntary manslaughter as far as i'm concerned. he acted with complete recklessness and he himself escalated a situation.

throw him away fro 20 years.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #1322
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
I'm in your neighborhoodz, stalking your kidz.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #1323
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I'm in your neighborhoodz, stalking your kidz.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #1324
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
they do have training and are in contact with law enforcement officials. his life was not in danger until he took things into his own hands, now he will have to deal with the consequences. it's like poking a sleeping bear with a stick and then shooting it because it came after you.

he should get 2nd, 3rd degree murder, or voluntary manslaughter as far as i'm concerned. he acted with complete recklessness and he himself escalated a situation.

hahahahahaha

oh... you're serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #1325
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
bullshit, you can't shoot someone just because they kick your ass and embarrass you. zimmerman had no right to approach travon and was told not to by authorities.
Yes you can...........

Under section 9.31 of the Texas Penal Code, an individual is allowed to use any force he believes to be reasonable against another individual if he believes that force will protect himself against the other individual's force. The other individual's force must be unlawful; therefore deadly force cannot be a response to a verbal dispute or challenge, nor can it be used to resist arrest or search by a law enforcement officer. Self-defense is not allowed in several other scenarios: if the individual agreed to the other individual's use of force, if the individual provoked the other individual into unlawful force, or if the other individual stops his use of force or tries to indicate that he wants to abandon the use of force during the encounter.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6656468_tex...dly-force.html

Deadly Force in Defense of Person

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another if he would be justified in using force under Section 9.31 of the statute when and to the degree he reasonable believes that deadly force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force, if a reasonable person in the same situation would have not retreated. The use of deadly force is also justified to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, rape or robbery."

Defense of Another Person

"A person is justified in using deadly force against an attacker to protect another person if he would be justified to use it to protect himself against an unlawful attack and he reasonably believes his intervention is immediately necessary to protect the other person from serious injury or death."

http://www.self-defender.net/law3.htm

With these injuries and the fact that they were increasing by the second....his health was in jeopardy.
And martin probably got the skinned knuckles from hitting Zimmerman.

Heck, if the injuries below happened in the NFL, they would be wanting to sue for disability....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
The ONLY injuries to Martin were:

Skinned Knuckles
Fatal Gun Shot Wound

The injuries to Zimmerman include:

Broken Nose
Head Gashes
Black Eyes
Back Injury

Last edited by Raymond42262; 05-16-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #1326
Lexie330ci
ILCUTAWOOTIE

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Lexie330ci
I think people are driven by racial stereotypes and are filling in too many blanks with their own thoughts. Why does everyone one think Zimmerman went over to Treyvon to "pick a fight?"

Need brakes? Bother Anthony Here!
Lexie330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #1327
00stephen

My Ride: '02 TJ, '87 Milano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexie330ci View Post
Why does everyone one think Zimmerman went over to Treyvon to "pick a fight?"
Because that narrative would reinforce their pre-existing social and political ideologies, which is a highly personal form of identity and self-expression these days. Worse, such vanity serves exonerate someone who assaulted another, and assigns guilt to the victim. The logic being leveraged against Zimmerman is often seen by those who look at rape and sexual assault victims and insist "she asked for it" or "she had it coming" or "she brought it upon herself."

An articulate explanation of the likely arguments being prepared by the prosecution, and why they would fail, can be read here: http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/5/16/12944/9520

Last edited by 00stephen; 05-16-2012 at 12:14 PM.
00stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #1328
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexie330ci View Post
I think people are driven by racial stereotypes and are filling in too many blanks with their own thoughts. Why does everyone one think Zimmerman went over to Treyvon to "pick a fight?"
Isn't it obvious? Martin was black and Zimmerman was whit......er hispanic

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #1329
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:

lol

So you're not very familiar with the law eh?

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #1330
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
bullshit, you can't shoot someone just because they kick your ass and embarrass you. zimmerman had no right to approach travon and was told not to by authorities.
Um, yea you can. In Florida at least (and that is where it happened.)

Florida law on using deadly force...
"...Serious bodily injury of another or yourself...or to stop a forcible felony..."

the law is pretty clear here...

776.012 Use of force in defense of person.-A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other's imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; ...

So yea, some creep is dragging a kid towards a free candy van, you can shoot him. etc

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 05-16-2012 at 12:32 PM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #1331
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post

lol

So you're not very familiar with the law eh?
He lives in IL.... much easier to just learn what is legal instead of what is illegal.

Save a lot of time. (cause everything is illegal)

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #1332
Lair

Sucks that Trayvon couldn't use a gun to defend himself against the guy who shot him.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #1333
00stephen

Quote:
bullshit, you can't shoot someone just because they kick your ass and embarrass you.
Actually, it appears one can, and has been done. You may not like it, you may not agree with it, but you should keep that in mind should you or your child ever consider assaulting someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer
Zimmerman had no right to approach travon and was told not to by authorities.
a) You cannot prove Zimmerman approached (TM).
b) (TM) "had no right" to assault Z, even if Z did approach him.
c) A dispatcher is not authority.
d) The dispatcher never stated direction, prohibition, or order (lawful or not). If you believe otherwise, I encourage you to listen to the primary source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer
he should get 2nd, 3rd degree murder, or voluntary manslaughter as far as i'm concerned.
Which is why it's good you're speaking from outside the legal system, where your opinions can do no harm.

Last edited by 00stephen; 05-16-2012 at 12:46 PM.
00stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #1334
00stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Sucks that Trayvon couldn't use a gun to defend himself against the guy who shot him.
It does, but that's what happens when you bring Skittles to a gunfight. "Children" belong at home doing homework, not on suspension assaulting adults in the dark.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #1335
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00stephen View Post
It does, but that's what happens when you bring Skittles to a gunfight. "Children" belong at home doing homework, not keeping it real.
fixed

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #1336
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #1337
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

not giving linkage to em

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 05-16-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #1338
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #1339
BB BMW

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:

So if you saw someone walking around your neighbors house that you didn't think belonged there, you would just go inside?

because -

If you watched them a few minutes, then they saw you, approached you and you asked them what they were doing and they began beating the sh!t out of you, because it was none of your business, you shouldn't defend yourself?

A true LIBERAL.

Death before defense.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #1340
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
This thread keeps bringing the lolz Mainly the same few. Good read gentlemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If there is one thing I despise most it's blacks always pulling the race card. It's so annoying and is often misplaced.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote