E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #1581
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
if he's lying about inconsequential things, then it certainly raises a whole lot of doubt about his facts pertaining to shooting someone to death and claiming self defense.

40 years sounds about right to me.

I hope you never serve on a jury

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #1582
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Personal finances are relevant to the killing... how?
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #1583
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
Personal finances are relevant to the killing... how?
Personal finances are relevant to the decision of letting him out on bail and the amount of bail.
Where did you see anything about convicting him? They're just recalling him to be held in custody, since he has a lot of cash stashed away, and a second passport, which he obtained after the shooting and didn't disclose to the judge.

Last edited by Master Po; 06-01-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #1584
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
lying about personal finances and a second passport are relevant because we can't believe a single word out of this murderers mouth. what a lying sac of **** waste of human flesh!
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #1585
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
lying about personal finances and a second passport are relevant because we can't believe a single word out of this murderers mouth. what a lying sac of **** waste of human flesh!
I wont comment on finances because lawyers should do a decent job in questioning, but the passport is a bit trickier.

IIRC, its a renewal passport so if he was asked "do you have more than one passport?" its not clear whether that refers to physical books or passport numbers. If he says no, it could mean he only has one number, but two books.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #1586
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
I told you he's a LIAR.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #1587
phrozen06
Banned User

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I told you he's a LIAR.
the only fish that NEVER get caught are the ones that keep their mouth closed. --DUMMY!!(zimmerman)--

He waived a speedy trial because he thought he going to be free thru the trail. Miscalculated on that one.

Last edited by phrozen06; 06-01-2012 at 06:59 PM.
phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #1588
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
if he's lying about inconsequential things, then it certainly raises a whole lot of doubt about his facts pertaining to shooting someone to death and claiming self defense.

40 years sounds about right to me.

We'll keep this in mind. When you're accused of a crime that you may or may not have committed, and someone brings up a lie you told, we'll be sure to convict you immediately, regardless of the rest of the case.

In fact, since the reasoning is so clear to you, we'll let you push the plunger for your own lethal injection based solely on the fact that we think you lied about something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
For anyone with a brain, A. The DA took a lot of heat, and would have released ALL evidence supporting their side to save face. They did not, which means, they have nothing. This will never make it to trial.
Quote:
The DA had their thumbs up their asses. They had, and have nothing. With all the public pressure, with Obama sneezing at their doorstep, it would have been in their best interest to release whatever evidence they had to appease the public. Since they didn't have any, they took forever (further pissing off the public) then finally arrested him when the pressure got too great. This is not about innocent or guilty. This is about the fact that the media basically made the DA forget the ACTUAL law, and paint Zimmerman as "guilty" because the people wanted it.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Zimmerman's defense team and prosecutors were both on the same side in court Friday afternoon fighting media companies' request to release more information in the case.

Prosecution and defense lawyers argued that a host of material should remain sealed.

The intense public attention on the case is a chief reason certain information should remain out of the public eye, Bernardo de la Rionda of State Attorney Angela Corey's office said in a motion filed earlier this month.

He argued that releasing too much "will result in this matter being tried in the press rather than in court, and an inability to seat a fair and impartial jury in Seminole County." De la Rionda also voiced worries about witnesses being "reluctant to testify" for fear that their privacy would be violated and other witnesses being "harassed by media representatives."

Specifically, the state wants the names and addresses of witnesses kept out of the public record. It asks for the same for crime scene and autopsy photos, a 911 recording of the incident and cell phone records of Martin, Zimmerman and one witness.

De la Rionda is also requesting a judge seal statements Zimmerman made to law enforcement officers, some of which may be used against him at trial because they were "inconsistent with the physical evidence and statements of witnesses."

New documents shed light on Martin killing

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, filed his own motion agreeing with the prosecution's desire not to release material. He said the defense wants 1,000 e-mails received by Sanford police to be sealed, plus statements by Zimmerman. He asked that text messages, e-mail messages or journals made by the defendant be kept private, at least until they can be reviewed.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #1589
phrozen06
Banned User

Old 06-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #1590
Lair

Savage beating.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #1591
Act of God

Quote:
Savage beating.
feel free to cut and paste the pertinent portion of the law that specifies what injuries do and do not qualify for someone to be able to use self-defense. I'll wait.

p.s - you know he doesn't need to take the stand right?

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 06-02-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #1592
Lair

You're right. Most abject pvssies would fear for their lives during a beating of that magnitude.

He won't have to take the stand - because we already have proof that he's a LIAR.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #1593
Lair

Ya think?

Quote:
Zimmerman credibility could be issue in legal case

By KYLE HIGHTOWER and MIKE SCHNEIDER | Associated Press – 7 hrs ago

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — The credibility of Trayvon Martin's shooter could be an issue at trial after a judge said that George Zimmerman and his wife lied to the court about their finances to obtain a bond, legal experts say.

That's because the case hinges on jurors believing his account of what happened the night the 19-year-old was killed.

The questioning of Zimmerman's truthfulness by the judge on Friday could undermine the defendant's credibility if it is brought up at trial. It also may complicate how his defense presents him as a witness, said Orlando-area attorney Randy McCLean, who is a former prosecutor.

"The other key witness, unfortunately is deceased," McClean said. "Basically, Zimmerman is going to be asking the jury to believe his version of the facts. As the case stands now, his credibility is absolutely critical to the case."

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #1594
Act of God

Quote:
You're right. Most abject pvssies would fear for their lives during a beating of that magnitude.

He won't have to take the stand - because we already have proof that he's a LIAR.
Jurors are not allowed to make an inference as to guilt in such instances and will be instructed by the presiding judge accordingly.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #1595
Lair

Let's hope the jurors are more intelligent than Zimmerman's defenders.

I wonder what else he's lying about? Does he have a third passport stashed somewhere? Has he shot anyone else that we don't know about? Is his name really Zimmerman?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #1596
Act of God

Quote:
Let's hope the jurors are more intelligent than Zimmerman's defenders.

I wonder what else he's lying about? Does he have a third passport stashed somewhere? Has he shot anyone else that we don't know about? Is his name really Zimmerman?
These are all awesome questions, I hope you can go through an accelerated law school program in time to be the prosecutor. Hey, what if Zimmerman is really Trayvon Martin's jilted lover???

p.s - As dumb as he likely is, I can think of several rational explanations for his lie that all revolve around the media's negligence and race baiting that has made him fear for the life of he and his family.

Last edited by Act of God; 06-02-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #1597
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
These are all awesome questions, I hope you can go through an accelerated law school program in time to be the prosecutor. Hey, what if Zimmerman is really Trayvon Martin's jilted lover???

p.s - As dumb as he likely is, I can think of several rational explanations for his lie that all revolve around the media's negligence and race baiting that has made him fear for the life of he and his family.
Bingo, you posted this before I had a chance to. He can simply say the black panethers were after me, trying to kill me, and I feared for my life AGAIN, so I panicked, didn't want the media to find out I have 200K in donation money, and a passport in case the media reveals my location and I have to run for my life. To me, it's a perfectly legitimate reason, and I won't hold it against him. I'd lie to if I thought the black panthers would kidnap my family for ransom to get this money...I sure as sh!t know that ape Holder isn't going to stop them.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #1598
phrozen06
Banned User

Quote:
Bingo, you posted this before I had a chance to. He can simply say the black panethers were after me, trying to kill me, and I feared for my life AGAIN, so I panicked, didn't want the media to find out I have 200K in donation money, and a passport in case the media reveals my location and I have to run for my life. To me, it's a perfectly legitimate reason, and I won't hold it against him. I'd lie to if I thought the black panthers would kidnap my family for ransom to get this money...I sure as sh!t know that ape Holder isn't going to stop them.
This case is really getting to you isn't it. Keep it going.

A wise man once told me. "when people show you who they are, believe them"

Last edited by phrozen06; 06-02-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #1599
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
This case is really getting to you isn't it. Keep it going.

A wise man once told me. "when people show you who they are, believe them"
I thought Holder was a sack of sh!t LONG before Treyvon Martin. If you are implying that me calling Holder an ape means I am making a racist comment (since Holder is black), rather than a clumsy mammal with smaller than human brain capacity, then

a) you seriously have a problem with racism and should look in the mirror
b) are just as guilty as the congresspeople and the media for bringing race into something where it doesnt belong.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 06-02-2012 at 01:35 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #1600
Lair

I'm just wondering how many other lies we'll catch.

Quote:
Congratulations.